Making a Passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

callousparade

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Virginia Tech, VA
Hey all I was wondering if anyone had good instructions as to how to make a usb passthrough for a dse103/rn4081 atty...
I have a dead battery and a usb cable, just need to know where to go from here.
also, i didn't know whether it is harder to make a automatic instead of a manual. i'd prefer auto but i'm really not that picky, just lookin to mess around lol

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Here's one I made for $3.00. Fitted with the RN4081 Atomizer.

Attachments

• Manual RN4081 Passthrough.jpg
    Manual RN4081 Passthrough.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 337

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
Hey all I was wondering if anyone had good instructions as to how to make a usb passthrough for a dse103/rn4081 atty...
I have a dead battery and a usb cable, just need to know where to go from here.
also, i didn't know whether it is harder to make a automatic instead of a manual. i'd prefer auto but i'm really not that picky, just lookin to mess around lol
I believe to make an automatic you need a working battery unless you were a good DIYer and if so you would not be asking, but lets way for the master.I wish to be wrong

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Hi Jim! I am a newbie. I see the picture, but how did you do it? Any step by step instructions available? Also where do you get the parts?

There is the passthrough you saw, and then there is the Nicostick. You can build a Nicostick for just a few bucks.
Check out the nicostick here;

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/18409-how-build-nicostick.html

To build the passthrough just make the following changes from the Nicostick.

Use a 2-AAA covered battery box. (Radio Shack - $1.69) Cut out the center battery divider with an Exacto knife.

A 3amp momentary switch. (Radio Shack - $2.69)

For the atty connector, I used an old battery. I cut it with a tubing cutter at about 1 inch long. Besure to gently pull out the center button before soldaring a new wire on it. You have to carefully remove the rubber mount before soldering so you don't melt it.

The USB wire was cut from old connectors & wires I save in my computer scrap box. RED and BLACK wires are the power wires, Cut off the data wires. (GREEN & WHITE).

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
can you please show us how to change the auto to the manual switch

The battery case gets gutted so only the button connector remains. The Momentary switch is mounted in the case. Wire from the center button to one side of the switch, other wire to the one of the USB wires. Other side of the switch, goes to the other USB wire. Very simple, and no polarity involved with the wires.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread