Blu cig taste vs 510 taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollegeVapor

Sep 1, 2009
Albany NY
alright well i got my 510 last week and i got my blu cig in the mail today... and i gotta say that the blu cig just tastes better... i mean i used the same eliquid in both (Johnson creek arctic mint) but the blu just generates a better overall taste lol... the vapor production is iffy but honestly id take a smaller amount of vapor vs a "burnt" taste anyday lol.... it makes me wonder if maybe blu just has a better atomizer... i tried screwing in the blu's atomizer to the 510 but it wasnt a perfect fit and i didnt wanna mess anything up so i kinda wimped outta trying :oops: lol...

PS: my only complaint so far w/ blu is that if i drag to hard i get a mouthfull of eliquid which is not cool :mad: lol... also since the battery is alot smaller its probablly not gonna last too long lol

LadyPamela

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Bay Area, California
Please, someone tell me that there is a flavor out there that actually tastes like tobacco!!! I got my Blu today, also ordered a 510, and I have tried the Classic Tobacco, Cherry, and now the Mint because I couldn't stand the other two!! I don't like menthol cigs much but, it's better than the other crap. I am sooooo disappointed. I want the taste of my Camel Lights that I quit 2 weeks ago!! :cry:

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
The only way to truly simulate burning tobacco is to burn tobacco.

Atomizing liquid will never be the same.

I like the Marlboro from Truesmoker.com, it has a rich fullness that kind of simulates tobacco, but again... nothing will closely emulate true tobacco flavors.

I would suggest visiting a place like ecigsmokestore.com because if you find a flavor of something that you like (for instance, Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies)... Dawn mixes the flavor to a dead-on replication. Sooo many wonderful flavors out there. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, rum, banana, etc... so have fun with it!

Last edited:

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Please, someone tell me that there is a flavor out there that actually tastes like tobacco!!! I got my Blu today, also ordered a 510, and I have tried the Classic Tobacco, Cherry, and now the Mint because I couldn't stand the other two!! I don't like menthol cigs much but, it's better than the other crap. I am sooooo disappointed. I want the taste of my Camel Lights that I quit 2 weeks ago!! :cry:

I like the Virginia flavor from rockymountainvapor.com, that's the closest thing i've come across to tobacco. It's not quite the same, but i find it quite tasty and it has a good throat kick.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
It tastes like hot metal. Maybe hot metal with a little bit of burnt oil.

That's the under taste of all of the flavors I have tried. Does it ever go away?

Yes it does. The description you just gave sounds to me like you are tasting the primer that the atomizer is coated with from the factory to keep it moist during transition.

After you've managed to burn off that primer coating, you will be able to enjoy the flavor you are vaping.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you will also get that "hot metal" taste when your liquid runs dry. The two best indicators of needing to refill/replace/or top-off your cartridge is when your vapor production declines and/or the flavor you are vaping suddenly tastes mettalic or burnt.

Good luck and welcome to a better world. :)

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

I used to smoke Malboro Lights and the only flavor I've tried so far is RY4. I like the RY4...it has a unique taste I can't explain. After awhile I've now gotten used to it and prefer it over tabacco taste. The flavor can still be harsh if you vape it right. But I like the harsh and good throat hit, just like the old analogs.

LadyPamela

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Bay Area, California
Another thing to keep in mind is that you will also get that "hot metal" taste when your liquid runs dry. The two best indicators of needing to refill/replace/or top-off your cartridge is when your vapor production declines and/or the flavor you are vaping suddenly tastes mettalic or burnt.

Good luck and welcome to a better world. :)

I guess it is that way with a new atty too. I used the mint last night, even though I didn't like it much, and this morning I definately notice that the metal taste isn't as strong. I'm hoping that it will totally go away and I want to try the Classic Tobacco again.

CollegeVapor

Sep 1, 2009
Albany NY
I've heard blu atrys are compatible w/510 batts. Give it a shot. You can also try 306 attys w/510's for cooler, stronger flavors w/less throat hit, but lots of vapor.

I'm gonna try the 306 attys since you recommened them... i havent logged on in a few days lol (thurs-sun are always very thirsty :D)

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I find that blowing the primer out of an atty before you use it for the first time helps out a lot. I stick a rolled up piece of paper towel into the atty and blow it out from the battery side. When I can't get any more primer out this way, I turn it around and blow it out from the cart side. After I get everything out that I can, I put about 2 or three drops of juice on the atty bridge and let it sit for a half an hour. When I do this, I don't experience that nasty taste at all.

Just FYI. Your mileage may vary. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread