and got this ....

icon hack.jpg

how would you feel ?

Dad2daBone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If the vendor makes a change to any of their products, the pics on the site should reflect the change. Would save alot of possible confusion, anger or disapointment. Since most customers are limited to online ordering and not able to see the product in person before receiving it the picture is all they have. What you see is what you should get.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Thats rediculous . Way to kill a nice mod . I would have dropped my vendorship with ECF in a heartbeat before tearing holes in my mod because a forum told me to but thats just me.. I hope the entire stock wasnt chopped. I know a few vendors are talking about leaving.Its a shame. I gotta say though it looks better then the new Buzz chopped but at least you have a option to buy the non chopped one and they wont sell many new chopped ones.

Last edited:

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
I contacted PS the other day and asked if I can request an Icon without the groove and they said no and that all Icons will be shipped like this from now on. I see they just updated the picture on their web site to show this hack groove. The sad and very confusing part is that I don't "think" they have to do this. According to Roly's rules it states that only mods that can hold 2 cells are required to have these ugly grooves cut in them.

Am I wrong, the Icon can not hold 2 cells can it?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I believe that the ECF does not regulate what Modders do but rather makes suggestions to what Safety they would like to see done. Therefore companies can do as they please, Rolygate is only looking out for people to make the Safety suggestions he has for Mods rather then to control the market place of what every mod builder can/cant do, just how I take it all in and understand it.

As far as that Mod pictured by the OP, a nicer vent could surely be machined into that Mod then the one that has been done.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
I believe that the ECF does not regulate what Modders do but rather makes suggestions to what Safety they would like to see done. Therefore companies can do as they please, Rolygate is only looking out for people to make the Safety suggestions he has for Mods rather then to control the market place of what every mod builder can/cant do, just how I take it all in and understand it.

As far as that Mod pictured by the OP, a nicer vent could surely be machined into that Mod then the one that has been done.

mwa - I was very careful about how I worded my post and made sure I didn't use the word "regulate". I don't want to get banned and I really don't want to get into a discussion about what ECF (Roly) is doing. I will however say that I personally think it is VERY wrong in many many ways. Yes, safety is very important to all of us but to me it's like helmet laws. If I choose to not wear one (which I don't) it should be MY choice and not dictated to me by any government in the name of safety. Last time I checked I was born in the USA which means I have certain constitutional freedoms. Sadly our freedoms are becoming less and less due to a government that "thinks" they know what is best for us and there fore must regulate us more and more to keep us "safe". Or in other words, a nanny state. Am I safer if I wear a helmet? Maybe at 30mph and I run into the back of a car, but even with a helmet I'll still be dead if some ..... hits me head on doing 65mph.

You used the word "regulate" which of course ECF (Roly) can not due to liability lawsuits that surely would ensue. The word "guidelines" must instead be used. But I'm a common sense kinda guy and common sense tells me that if I want to purchase something like an Icon I should be able to buy it as it was shown on the web site. But wait... Something changed and now they all must have this groove in them to make them "safer". Now why on earth would a mod maker suddenly and drastically change their product like this? You and I both know why.

Can anyone tell me how many Icon mods have blown up while having a single 14500 battery in it of any type? I'm just curious.

Last edited:

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
The freedom street goes both ways here.
1st, ECF has the freedom to request hacked up MODs for their own reasons.
2nd, Vendors can choose to withdraw from ECF, offer both ways, as NotCigs, or cater to the request.

These vendors will ultimately listen to the buyers instead of a forum's guideline, hopefully.

I'm sure there were not tyrannical and uber-governmental motives behind these changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread