Anyone here vape 0mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edotman

Mar 17, 2012
London
Hey guys, only just got my e-cig two days ago, and have only used it a handful of times, I have completely quit analogues, this being my second day and I haven't even had cravings for them, the only craving I have got for is the action of smoking a cigarette which my e-cig satisfies, however I have avoided doing it too much until I get e-juice with 0mg nicotine

This is because I want to be free of nicotine in whatever form it takes, if I can smoke the e-cig at 0mg and not crave for nicotine at all, then I know I've succeeded, has anyone else started with an e-cig and now exclusively vapes 0mg e-juice? or in other words, has anyone beaten nicotine addiction and yet continued to vape 0mg just to satisfy the pleasure of smoking without taking in any nicotine?

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
I started at 24mg and am down to 4mg. I may go down to 0mg someday but honestly I am insanely healthy (low BP, Low resting HR, great lung capacity and all that). I think I may just drop down to 2mg and stay there. It is hard to say at this point whether the nicotine keeps me vaping or I have become addicted to Peanut Butter Cookie juice......

edotman

Mar 17, 2012
London
I started at 24mg and am down to 4mg. I may go down to 0mg someday but honestly I am insanely healthy (low BP, Low resting HR, great lung capacity and all that). I think I may just drop down to 2mg and stay there. It is hard to say at this point whether the nicotine keeps me vaping or I have become addicted to Peanut Butter Cookie juice......

I mean this is what I'm wondering, thanks to Allen Carr's Easyway, a book I would recommend to ANYONE who wants to get off cigarettes, very very interesting take on things and very effective method, but since I've completely re-evaluated my take on cigarettes I dont really get cravings for them anymore, but I do sometimes want to just smoke, so I do a a mouth inhale of my 18mg but dont inhale into my lungs, now Im wondering if I crave that for the nicotine that gets absorbed into my mouth or for the action of hand to mouth smoking which I've been doing for 8 years!

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
Well, you do absorb nicotine through your mouth. There are many capillaries under your tongue that pic it right up....however, if you don't get withdrawal symptoms when you don't smoke/vape then it is probably little enough that you aren't physically addicted to the nicotine but habitually addicted to the act of vaping. Honestly, vaping is great with or without nic. It tastes good, gives you something to do with your hands and makes me smell like cookies. What's not to like?

edotman

Mar 17, 2012
London
Well, you do absorb nicotine through your mouth. There are many capillaries under your tongue that pic it right up....however, if you don't get withdrawal symptoms when you don't smoke/vape then it is probably little enough that you aren't physically addicted to the nicotine but habitually addicted to the act of vaping. Honestly, vaping is great with or without nic. It tastes good, gives you something to do with your hands and makes me smell like cookies. What's not to like?

I mean this is what I'm hoping to discover, 4 days ago I was a 1.5 PAD smoker, and somehow overnight I no longer get cravings for cigarettes, which I am both very happy and extremely suspicious about, but oh well I'm not going to complain

The test is when I get my 0mg, if I can happily vape that every now n then and be fine, then I know I'm getting absolutely no nicotine and so the physical addiction is finished, so yeah I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience about this

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I mean this is what I'm hoping to discover, 4 days ago I was a 1.5 PAD smoker, and somehow overnight I no longer get cravings for cigarettes, which I am both very happy and extremely suspicious about, but oh well I'm not going to complain

The test is when I get my 0mg, if I can happily vape that every now n then and be fine, then I know I'm getting absolutely no nicotine and so the physical addiction is finished, so yeah I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience about this

I was a 3 PAD smoker and quit the very same day I started vaping. I used 24mg and have recently gone down to 18mg. I never really cared what the nic level was, but I recently figured, what the heck.

Quite a few people vape 0 nic. But few, if any, of them went straight to 0 nic in no time flat, which is what you are suggesting.
Right now, you are getting 18mg. That's about right for a 1.5 PAD smoker. Not inhaling makes little, if any, difference.

The vast majority of nicotine is absorbed through the mucous membranes in your head. Not inhaling into the lungs has a very low impact on the amount of nic you are absorbing. Don't think for a second that because you don't inhale, you can switch right over to 0 nic without craving. Keep your 18mg around cuz I have a feeling you're going to want it, at least some of the time.

Rather than bite off the whole enchilada at once, better to ratchet down over a little bit of time. It's not going to hurt you if it takes a few months or a year to get down to 0 nic. Nicotine isn't the problem. Smoke is the problem, and you've already licked that one.

Last edited:

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I tried cutting down my nic to 0, but ended up getting overwhelmed with stress for a few weeks and endeds up back on analogs for 6 months! After 9 months smoke-free on vaping!

Now I am learning pretty much the reason nicotine is dangerous is that if you get it from CIGARETTES, it is keeping you addicted to a very dangerous habit. But the nicotine by itself, used normally, is not really dangerous (no more than too much caffeine). So this time I am not going to stress about the nic. I may cut down but I am already doing mostly 11 mg liquid which isn't high anyway. I'm going to do higher nic when I am stressed (because this is when I am tempted to smoke), higher nic in the morning, and lower when I am chain-vaping.

So far this is working for me.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Tinajfreeman makes a good point. It can be risky trying to cut down to 0 nic. too soon. IF all you have is 0 nic and you just came off a 1.5 PAD habit, the chances are high that you'll be running down to the convenience store for a pack of analogs. Don't even try it. Keep your 18mg around. It might well be the only thing standing between you and analogs.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
...Nicotine isn't the problem. Smoke is the problem, and you've already licked that one.

This.

Presumably because it's known to be addictive, nicotine has been chosen as the Great Satan among the thousands of toxins that swim freely in cigarette smoke—despite the fact that it's not a carcinogen.

Remove it from guilt by association with those chemicals that are—which by vaping, you do—and it might be viewed in the same light as caffeine: also addictive, also a mild vasoconstricter—also a simple pleasure.

edotman

Mar 17, 2012
London
Thanks a lot for the replies guys! Some very interesting stuff to be reading here

To be honest I have every intention of keeping some 18mg around, I know myself well enough to know that sometimes I can get a bit excited about things and not think of the future!

I've been doing well though, one puff on the 18mg with lung inhale, and about 4 without lung inhale each day, still have absolutely no desire to smoke an analogue and if it hasn't happened by now I doubt it will, this e-cig is really making this all a lot easier, I ordered in a load of 0mg nicely flavoured e-liquid, just waiting for them to arrive, I'm going to stick to the 0mg as much as I can, try to fight back the cravings, but if things gets way too bad then I guess I'll have to get back to the 18mg for a puff or two

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You can use 0 nic liquid as long as you don't care that you won't have any throat hit (inhaled feel of smoking). It is like vaping air. But that's why we are all different. It might work fine for you. But more than the so-called addictive qualities of nicotine, it's the no throat hit that is the biggest problem in trying to move to 0 nic for many.

lemonsurvey

Moved On
Mar 21, 2012
TX
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

Pyster

Dec 10, 2011
Evanston, IL
The lowest I've gone is 6mg, so I can't directly respond to your actual question. But I've read Carr's book (several years ago, though), and I get where you are coming from. Carr's approach has both worked for a lot of people and not worked for a lot of people (not altogether surprising, since once-size-fits-all-models usually aren't). He may have updated his approach since I last checked in, but his original book predated e-cigarettes, at least in their current form. That's important because the big problem with NRT's then was that they were always an inferior (in terms of user satisfaction) substitute for tobacco cigarettes. Thus the big danger of failing to end nicotine addiction was the ever-present danger of a possible return to the superior nicotine delivery system of the tobacco cigarette. E-cigs upend that way of thinking because so many users find them far superior to tobacco cigarettes, which eliminates most of the hazards of nicotine addiction that were unavoidable with other methods.

Addiction of any kind has costs, of course. There is great freedom (and lots of money to be saved) in not being addicted to nicotine or anything else, but e-cigs have put the question in a category of a different magnitude--nicotine addiction is perhaps now more comparable to addiction to coffee and cable TV than to the really dangerous addictions to cigarettes and other potentially deadly things.

My point is simply this: If you are able to kick the nicotine habit completely, that is awesome! (Less addiction means more freedom.) But if you find it harder for yourself than Carr makes it out to be, don't beat yourself up, especially not for getting your nicotine fix from e-cigs. Carr developed his ideas in a world without that alternative, and that one is a game changer. Just my 2 cents.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO

Here is my story and I hope it helps. I quit smoking analogs the day I got my first little KR808D1 kit - July 13, 2011. Strangely enough (after having smoked 2+ packs a day for over 20 years - ok probably closer to 25 years if I'm honest with myself) I found myself afraid of OD'ing on nicotine! So I started out with only 4mg nicotine cartos. I vaped these for a little less than 2 weeks and then found myself at work with nothing but a sample 0-nic carto. I vaped it all day and when I got home from work, I realized that I wasn't really craving an analog, so I decided right then and there that I was going to go to
0-nic and be completely free. From that point on (July 25), I have been happily vaping 0-nic juices and still enjoying it immensely - and still vaping my brains out every day. I'm not going to say that the first 6 weeks or so were easy, because they weren't. You will crave cigarettes. You will go through withdrawal symptoms, but if you stick with it, you can do it too. I know there are a bunch of people on here who will tell you that you get no 'throat hit' with 0-nic juices, but I don't agree. Vape a low resistance carto on a higher voltage device and you will be fine.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it can be done - I am living proof. I wish you the best of luck in your journey. Happy Vaping! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread