Anyone e-smoke on patient floors in hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2008
Buxton Maine USA
You would want to be VERY discreet. Most Hospitals do not allow smoking on their property. I work at one. The Docs. would be interested and tolerant of the E-cig from my limited experience in conversation about them, but they are not administration. Hospitals would want the documentation that e-cig is safe before allowing it's use.
It is one of the saddest sights to see a patient pushing an IV thru the snow to cross the street and lite up. They do offer patches and other Nic replacment, but no liting up...

Miss Diane

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
uk
Wonder if anyone visiting or being a patient in a hospital has whipped out their e-cig & puffed away while there?

my father was in hospital late aug 2008 in wales in itu i used my e:cig in the relatives room openly and no doctors or nurses questioned it they were more inquisitive about what it was:thumb:

KatyS

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
I've use it at all of my doctors offices. Not in the waiting room though. When I am in the examining room waiting for the doctor drives me crazyyyyy. The cig helps calm me down alot. None of my doctors object. The operative word here is discreetly. If I have to go in the hospital, I will draw my little curtain and puff away.

Kimmiegrif

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
Maryland USA
I would think that if you are in a health service environment...info commerical or not...because there is an exhale...there will be a problem....but maybe I am wrong. I would recommend someone not to advertise their use of ecigs. Yeah, use them without being seen, but you are talking about a health area....if you test it you just might make it hard for those that are careful to be able to sneak a drag here and there...

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
the question I would say is why? If you work in the environment and can sneak off to take a drag or two...makes sense...if you are waiting for a quick appointment...why???? can't you have a bit of willpower??? guess I just don't understand.

Is there such a thing as a quick doctor's appt? I haven't had one of those in years!

I just had surgery and I vaped in the recovery room. They knew what I was doing and had no problem with it. I see five different doctors for things that are wrong with me and they all know I vape. I have to give them more business cards every time I see them. I don't vape in the waiting rooms though. Three of the five doctors that I see are in fields that see mainly elderly people and a lot of times they don't understand something like an ecig. So to save them stress I wait until I get into my room. I was also admitted to the hospital back in October and vaped in my room there. I had my Chuck and it's kind of hard to stealth vape with that,lol My husband had to be life flighted for a ruptured artery in his belly button. I vaped in the ER with him When the doctor came in he had lots of questions about it and he wanted cards too. Even though I was in my flannel night gown with snowflake lounge pants I had grabbed my purse and had cards with me.

I won't "hide" my vaping but I won't blow it in someone's face either. We need to educate people about ecigs, not antagonize them with it.

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
i did after being in there for 4 hours.. decided to stealth a few drags.. ended up being there for around 10 hours total since they wanted to do a ct scan of my neck.. I was starving there.. asked the nurse to grab my wallet and get me some something from the vending machine..

as far as when i went to visit friend having a baby.. went out side.. did not leave the property though just off to the side of the door.. signs there say no nicotine products allowed

Last edited:

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
My father was in the hospital and was not very mobile. He hadn't been interested in vaping until that time but he could not go out to smoke and was really craving a cigarette (he was a heavy smoker for like 60+ years). I brought him a 601 pipe with no-nic DK-Tab. He was a vaping machine! Could barely get the thing out of his mouth. Vaped it openly and constantly and it TOTALLY did the trick. Had to explain to a couple of nurses but that was it. No issues!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread