KR808D-1 Charger Voltages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinsk

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
I am curious about all the various charger voltages out there for KR808D-1 batteries. I have a set of chargers originally from V2cigs (gen1 charger I am assuming based on reading the forums) that outputs 4.2V@200ma. I ordered some KR808D-1s from HealthCabin that are of the newer "sealed" auto type and the charger they have on their website is 4.5V@150ma (according to the website, I do not actually have this unit). I am assuming this is a gen2 charger, however I have seem other gen2 chargers that are 5V@150ma. Again, based on reading, its a no-no to charge gen1 KR808D-1s on a gen2 charger, but vice versa is fine. I am curious what other charger output values are out there and why such a wide variance.

The batteries currently in my possession are V2cigs 4.2V@250mah and 4.2V@380mah (unregulated). The ones I ordered are 3.7V@280mah (I assume regulated if they are gen2). I am assuming it is ok to use my V2cigs charger on these units. If this is incorrect thinking please let me know.

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
IThe batteries currently in my possession are V2cigs 4.2V@250mah and 4.2V@380mah (unregulated). The ones I ordered are 3.7V@280mah (I assume regulated if they are gen2). I am assuming it is ok to use my V2cigs charger on these units. If this is incorrect thinking please let me know.

Your assumption is correct. The only thing to consider is most of us assume the gen2 has chip that control the voltage limit (in this case 3.7V), we don't know for sure - but as long as that chip is working the 5V load should be reduced to 3.7V to charge gen2. In case the chip failed then the gen2 batt will overload and could get damaged.

So just to be safe, keep an eye on the charger when you charge. Or better, get the appropriate charger.

Phyre

Apr 11, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Chinsk, The V2 is a gen1 charger so, yes you can use your V2 chargers on both gen1 and gen2 batteries. I have a V2 charger that I use to charge both my V2 and Vapor Kings (both gen1's) and my Volt (gen2) batteries. When charging my Volt, I have to keep an eye on the charger since the LED doesn't turn green when fully charged (it turns an orangeish color).

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
Hey Chinsk.

I hope you ordered the charger as well.
I ordered 3 of those bats from Health Cabin and assumed my V2 charger would work or I could run over to Vapor Kings and pick up a Kanger charger.

Anyway, when charging on the V2 charger the light goes from green to yellow and stays there. The cherry led never flashes indicating it has received a full charge. I bought a Kanger charger and the same result.

I wound up ordering the NEW Kanger charger from Smoketek for about $5.
I did try charging one of my V2 bats on the new Kanger charger. (I have one that is kinda messed up from getting wet.)
It seemed to charge fine, but the charger starts going into an endless cycle or green light, red light after the charge hits a certain point.

The new Kanger charger will also charge a Volt 808 bat I have with no issues.
Kind of curious though....
With the V2 stuff I bought, I got a PCC that charges @ 4.6V. It will charge any of my 808 bats.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
Thats good to know. One of the batts came in the mail and I have noticed the same thing. Looks like I will be ordering a charger :(

I take it the output voltage on the charger you got from Smoktek is 4.5V@150ma?

yep....4.5V@150ma

Smoktek is in Florida, so they can probably get one to ya quick.

Tokumei

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast USA
Not to jack a thread, but I have 2 related questions to chargers (I have a V2 charger).

I'm looking at the Volt X2 passthrough (http://smokelessimage.com/accessories/x2-volt-battery.html):

-- Can this also be charged on the V2 charger?
-- Can I use the V2 wall adapter and put the Volt's passthrough cable into it? (Or, does it already come with the wall adapter?)

More generally (and with great fear), can I use any of my USB portable device chargers with any of these e-cig-end USB cables? You know, I have a generic iphone charger thing from Staples for traveling, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is, I would love to just carry 1 wall adapter part, and be able to just carry the various USB connector cables (with the iPhone end, with the ciggy end...)

Please help me avoid setting my house on fire!! :)

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
I'm looking at the Volt X2 passthrough (http://smokelessimage.com/accessories/x2-volt-battery.html):

-- Can this also be charged on the V2 charger?
-- Can I use the V2 wall adapter and put the Volt's passthrough cable into it? (Or, does it already come with the wall adapter?)

• For Volt X2, you always have to charge it with PT cable. Always.
  • Yes, I believe you can. I assume V2 wall adapter will be about 4.2-5V / 500-1000mA? If that's right then yes, you can.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i was told by a member here that the wall adapter specs do not matter. the charger itself governs how much voltage is or is not going into the battery. i am personally not well versed in electronics, but i do ask a lot of questions and learn from them.

also, i can say from personal experience, that ive used all types of different wall adapters to charge my cigs (iphone adapter, droid adapter, gameboy adapter, ipod adapter, and directly into a laptop/desktop). thankfully, ive never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread