Which mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
I was curious to see where everyones vape path have taken them. I know many of you have made this much like me a risk reduction unit but also enjoy it as an enthusiast and made it a hobby. I have been at vaping nearly 2 months and accumulated quite a bit in a short amount of time

I have:

A Buzz pro (my best go to mod)
My lavatube ( a solid backup for the buzz)
Volcano Inferno (a backup and also my current pass thru)
A bolt (I got in trade but dont really care to use)
A 3vo v2 (I really like this devices design however today for the first time It burnt through batteries real fast and wont accept protected trustfires.....)
A vmod xl 2.0 (on order and very excited to try this mod)

Mods that have been discarded or traded:
elipse Ovale (I hated this mod. It sucked and was pretty exspensive for its poor performance)
Buzz OG (bought second hand off the classifieds and drove my want for a buzz pro)

I have amassed quite a few pvs in a very short amount of time. I love trying new things. I keep saying i am going to sell some of the stuff I dont use and use the funds to buy new devices but instead they are just becoming "one of the soon to be many"

Whats your story ?

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Had never heard of ECF, got sucked into all the 'review sites' with google searches in the beginning. Bought a V2 travelers kit. Discovered ECF almost immediately after receiving the V2. Bought an Ego T about 2 days later. Leaking, wicking problems, muted flavor... but enough pleasure to cement my decision to be a full time vaper. Discarded ego t tank and atomizers and moved to 510 & 306 attys and dripping on the ego batt. Vaping in full gear now. Started major juice hunt. Although I still do it quite often to this day, the demand of constant attention to dripping started to weigh on my nerves. Bought a REO Mini. Vaping is now a complete JOY! Higher voltage over the ego batt with the REO, and the luxury of bottom feeding makes vaping way more enjoyable. Then, because it's cheap, I move into the realm of VV with a lava tube. Pretty awesome. Experiment with ce2s and carto tanks, and found at least five juices the float my boat. Next step will be either a REO VV, a Provari v2, or a notcigs VVPV. Probably be able to lay claim to all three before the holidays, considering my obsession with vaping. As for coiled equipment, Steeljan has just peaked my interest with the Gotvapes Pheonix cartos. And Ikenvape i06 is my next atty investment. That's where I'm at now. Hitting some Nitelite Sundance V2 as we speak. Mmmmmm....

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Lessee...Stuff I still have:

• My first crummy m401 (I think) that I bought at a smoke shop here. You won't catch me dead using it.
  • 2 ego bats, one of which I think is dead, and a couple ego passthrus. Those I carry in a small case as bakups.
  • I went through several iterations building my own bottom feeders. Most are RIP but, I think there are a couple around.
  • A madvapes VV box mod.
  • A Boge Revolution V2
  • A buzz pro
  • A Reo mini

I use the buzz and reo daily. The rest are just there in case I need them. I still have enough stuff to build a mod anytime I want. I'll probably get a VV Reo when they come available.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Alright... My story, but there are too many e-cigs to list. I'm going to have to shorten it a lot.

My very first e-cig was an original rough stack I traded an old cowboy for (he admired a lariat hanging in my truck - I admired the idea of vaping). Good trade. I was done with tobacco.

I used that old rough stack for quite a while. I was fortunate to find decent juice online and new attys (after some mishaps ordering the wrong stuff because I didn't know the difference between atty connectors). Then about 14 or 15 months ago, I found madvapes site... I bought a couple of 510 kits and used them for a while. Then I bought a new rough stack when the v2s came out - then another - then I got a third (a gift from madvapes - customer service sort of thing).

Those rough stacks were the beginning of a tube mod landslide. Name a tube mod other than the VV ones and I either have it or have had it and traded it. There are very few unaccounted for (there are a few... still want a megalodon and a couple of others).

Tube mods led to box mods. I don't really know why. I've broken dozens because my work and play are rough. There are only two plastic boxes I've wanted that I never got - a tekk (I'll either get or make one some day) and the Big Daddy (still sort of want it, but might not get that one). My favorite box mod was my first feeder. It was a non-descript (don't know who made it) top feeder that lasted about 3 weeks before it got crushed by a big ornery steer.

Those box mods led to bottom feeders starting with an old goat. I got a second non-descript (don't know who made it) plastic feeder. Then I got a REO mini. I love my REO.

Most recently, I bought a VVPV. I am very much enjoying the VVPV. I'm really feeling very spoiled using this PV. I can't actually imagine a better set-up. A VV All metal top feeder with a 5ml juice capacity and the charge lasts all day and then some... I am spoiled.

In the near future, I plan to get a VV REO, but I'm still debating with myself about trying to snag a VV Woodville on sale night (coming maybe in just a few days) or waiting for the Metal VV REO Grand (probably coming in a few weeks). If I end up liking the VV REO as much as I like my VVPV, I'll probably just quit buying mods.

Stuff i wouldn't want to live without: My Rough Stacks - My Kalamazoo Triple-V - My REO Mini - and my VVPV. No matter what else happens, I won't let go of any of those ever.

EDIT: I should mention the ego batts. Also about the same time I found madvapes, the ego-t was coming out. I got an ego-t from cignot and used it regularly for a few months. It worked well for me. I have a double-handful of ego batts but I don't use the tank system any more.

Last edited:

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Hmm, let me try see if I get this right since I'm gonna list in order that I got them and if I still have them.
Njoy(rn4081) as well as no name rn4081s- these are all long gone
Ego- still have but dont use anymore
vv barkoff that I built- don't use
AAA box mod- don't use
AA box mod- don't use
KGO- don't use
roughstack - gone, traded for icon
Icon- using now
Blue pawz- don't use
Reo Mini- use daily
Original infinity- use almost daily
skullz vmod v1- use daily
Vision Tox Cannon- use almost daily

whew think thats it, and thats in the course of 16 months

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
Altsmoke Alpha rocking a smoktech DCT with a 1.7 ohm single coil. Juice is bluemistvaping pink watermelon

Lavatube rocking another smoktech DCT with a 3 ohm single coil at 4.8 volts. Juice is bluemistvaping Rob's black jack

Madvapes VV box mod with a 1.7 ohm single coil at about 3.7 volts. Juice is bluemistvaping Smooth

Madvapes 3.7 box mod not in use

Madvapes 5v box mod not in use

Both sizes of roughstack, both not in use.

2 kr808 batteries, not in use

2 510 batteries, not in use

4 ego batts in total, run 2 every day in my backup bag, sometimes they're my main PV. I use the same setup as my alpha.

Countless cartos and atomizers, not going to try.

And about 500ml in total of tons of different juices, mostly consisting of bluemistvaping and pillbox38. I RECOMMEND THE HELL OUT OF BLUEMISTVAPING.

That's it

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
-started off years ago with an Njoy Ecigar
-tried a short cigarette looking device..
then i discovered mods
-discovered Trog and his new fangled Screwdriver...loved it, still do
-wanted juice feed options..went with Carlos' Juicebox and handmade atomizer, loved it..still do
-tried a smaller version..Wetbox..eh.didnt work for me
-stayed with Crlos' juicebox for a long while
-came back to mods with the Ego, first batch (i didnt know it was new, just got it, and it happened to be the new thing, i still use it..but mostly just to test things)
-stayed with that and Carlos for a while
-realized i wanted more power and variable
-went back and forth..then just did it...went Darwin, and havent looked back (daily vape)
-wanted a quality vape and some elegance...went GG
-GG slim/Superslim extension, GGTB, now GGTS
-all the whiel searchign for better juice feed and rebuildable atomizers (Gtank, Gensis LV, Line 1 and 2, iAtty, AFS, UFS, Odysseus, Surge tank, Fog...you name it i tried it
-picked up a one of a kind mod called Cyprus by str8vaping, VV
-now waiting on the Penelope and Proteus GG, and a ZattyU

everyday i use my Darwin, and one of my GGs depending on my mood

My BESTS:
-battery mod = GGTS
-slim battery = GG Slim
-internal battery and Variable power= Darwin
-juice delivery with non rebuildable atomizer = FOG + HH357 (with UFS a strong second)
-bottom fed juice delivery mod = Surge Tank (Carlos Juicebox still is a beast)
-drippign atomizer non-rebuildable = HH357
-dripping atomizer rebuildable = Odysseus drip mode
-rebuildable atomizer with juice delivery = Odysseus Short mode

Ive tried a lot and still own quite a few

Im pretty much to the point where all i look for is juice, and the new GG products...im still holding out for a Gensis style rebuildable thatworks as well as my Odysseus (for me)

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I'm pretty function-oriented when it comes to mods and PVs. I decided I wanted to try a PV and spent several evenings lurking ECF to learn the ropes. I decided on the E-Power 14650 because I wanted generous vapor production at 3.7V and the safety and economy of a single removable battery. I wanted the longer-lasting batteries and 510 XL cartos.

That was last November. A month later I was using two stainless steel E-Power 14650s: one with 1.7 ohm LR and the other with 2.0 ohm LR. I also have new spare parts for third E-Power if I want.

As far as vaping goes: if I'm not smoking then the mod is working. If it works, don't fix it. My purchase of additional E-Powers was for back-up purposes.

I don't have any need for a better vape right now and I don't need a big shiny mod to keep at home. A little shiny mod that fits in my pocket suits me best. I don't want to start a PV collection. I'd rather spend the money saved by not smoking on my hobby which is boating, not PV collecting.

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
I'm pretty function-oriented when it comes to mods and PVs. I decided I wanted to try a PV and spent several evenings lurking ECF to learn the ropes. I decided on the E-Power 14650 because I wanted generous vapor production at 3.7V and the safety and economy of a single removable battery. I wanted the longer-lasting batteries and 510 XL cartos.

That was last November. A month later I was using two stainless steel E-Power 14650s: one with 1.7 ohm LR and the other with 2.0 ohm LR. I also have new spare parts for third E-Power if I want.

As far as vaping goes: if I'm not smoking then the mod is working. If it works, don't fix it. My purchase of additional E-Powers was for back-up purposes.

I don't have any need for a better vape right now and I don't need a big shiny mod to keep at home. A little shiny mod that fits in my pocket suits me best. I don't want to start a PV collection. I'd rather spend the money saved by not smoking on my hobby which is boating, not PV collecting.

I gotta start showing more discipline as you have. It makes sense. I am going crazy with spending. I have leapt from one mod to the next and to be honest most of my choices have worked quite well. I have enjoyed all of my mods, now juices on the other hand i have had a horrible time with. I struggled to find a juice that I can tolerate. I went from ordering from blue mist right off the break.

I bought 180mls of butter rum and still have3 160 left. I have purchased a crap ton of juice and still have trouble finding what is quite right. I will save this discussion for another thread but suffice it to say I like to experiment and I am experimenting to no end.

I am always edging toward the next best thing thing. I can't stop. It;s like a gambling addiction only it's multi-faceted and much more complex.

I'm rambling... Discipline.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I gotta start showing more discipline as you have. It makes sense. I am going crazy with spending. I have leapt from one mod to the next and to be honest most of my choices have worked quite well. I have enjoyed all of my mods, now juices on the other hand i have had a horrible time with. I struggled to find a juice that I can tolerate. I went from ordering from blue mist right off the break.

I bought 180mls of butter rum and still have3 160 left. I have purchased a crap ton of juice and still have trouble finding what is quite right. I will save this discussion for another thread but suffice it to say I like to experiment and I am experimenting to no end.

I am always edging toward the next best thing thing. I can't stop. It;s like a gambling addiction only it's multi-faceted and much more complex.

I'm rambling... Discipline.
I may be disciplined when it comes to PVs, but that allows me to be less disciplined when it comes to boating. The old saying: "A boat is a hole in the water into which you throw money."

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
i got started off on the ego-t and i really disliked the atomizer/tank combo. i stuck with just ego batteries with an off-switch until recently. at the beginning of the month i got a boge rev2 to try out a bottom feeder.
i'm planning on a precise plus and a mechanical bottom feeder. i'm still undecided whether or not to get a vmod or wait until more reo woodvils come out (and then i will have to play customs roulette).
i just find a day to day need for both a regular mod and a bottom feeder, and i'd like to reduce disposable components as much as possible. beyond those two mods i'm planning on getting, i don't really think i'll be investing in much more any time soon. maybe one day i will own both a reo and a vmod.
but it is fun to shop and daydream for sure. i don't want anyone to take this comment the wrong way, but threads like this make my own personal habits seem more justifiable to me. boyfriend was teasing me about collecting different pvs and wanting to invest in a few mods, yet i can see that i don't have the itch to collect like some. though he is using it as ammo to collect headphones (as if i would really care if he did or did not).

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I may be disciplined when it comes to PVs, but that allows me to be less disciplined when it comes to boating. The old saying: "A boat is a hole in the water into which you throw money."

You got that right!! PVs are cheap compared to what you can throw into that floating hole.
I've managed to get by with:
1st e-cig, Joye 510. That was ok for 3 weeks.
Baby Bullet and 5V passthrough, my nearly exclusive vape for almost 2 yrs.
Mr. Puffer top feed box mod. eh... never mess with it anymore. Really should PIF it.
Lavatube bought last month and the first new PV I've had in a good 1-1/2 years.
I collect bottles of 100mg nic instead of PVs.

I was going to get a Darwin, but ended up with a carbon fiber Ono Kayak paddle instead.
I'll probably die with the Bullet in my hand.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
... boyfriend was teasing me about collecting different pvs and wanting to invest in a few mods, yet i can see that i don't have the itch to collect like some. though he is using it as ammo to collect headphones (as if i would really care if he did or did not).

Haha...Then you've no doubt seen Head-fi. The collectors over there make the PV collectors here look like a bunch of cheapskates.!! I'm soooooo.. glad I tore myself away from that site.

johnnyfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2010
WV
My Vape path so far:

Joye 510 - used for about 3 months. extra batteries and a pcc were the key to this working as long as it did.
Ego - loved the extra battery life.
I don't even think the new styles of cartos were out yet and I was constantly topping off cartridges/ptb mod.

I hated it and eventually relapsed. Was on analogs full time for about 6 months.

EGO-T. I needed something where I wasn't messing with filler and carts. Worked ok. I needed something stronger. I was having a hard time getting off of analogs again. (yes it's harder to go back to a pv full time after a relapse. Don't try to figure this out for yourself. Just take my word for it, please.)

Fed up, I finally decided I should give 3.7v a try. I bought a Reo mini and fell in love with vaping again. I've been using the mini since september and also added a woodvil to the mix. Will probably get a grand and one of the new 18490 metals that will be out soon. VV Reo looks great as well but I don't have a desire for VV. (I'm afraid I will like it too much and it's just more gear to buy.)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I started off with an eGo-T. Never did have all the problems some seem to have with them. That's because I bought it over the counter at ENS, and Rob took the time to show me how to use it properly. That was one year ago today. One year ago tomorrow I smoked my last cigarette. Safe to say that the eGo worked for me.
    Then came the failed 510-N. It was so nicely made that the connector fell right out of the top of it.
    A 5v PT came next, and I love that thing and still use it.
    Got a Silver Bullet next because after 3 months of searching I never did find a bad review of it. Using it right now with a Kick in it.
    I then built my first box mod. Just a 2xAA box, so nothing all that special. That led to building a couple of dozen more boxes, including a couple of pretty nice VV's.
    Along the way I picked up an e-power, a Jaz pipe, a mako, and some Key Rings. Love that Mako btw, never leave the house without it.

Gabe1291

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 15, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    www.myspace.com
    I started out rough about a year and a half ago with a weak little Blu since a classmate recommended it so highly, and it worked, just not for long. I found ECF and got a 510 and PCC from Cignot, and stuck with it for about a month before I finally broke down and ordered an Ego PT batt one day. Loved the ego PT batts and stuck with them till I got curious about modding and VV.

I found Madvapes ordered the VV Box kit, slapped it together, then a 5v PT hooked straight to the comps PSU, a homebrew version of "The Copper" for a nice indestructible work mod, an Evercool VV box with the LED display, a Puck, and now a few dozen other mods that are either half complete or failed ideas relegated to the bone yard. The Copper style is my main PV out of the house, and the PT is the main one I use at home. I keep a dozen or so Ego PT's as back-ups in the car and at work.If I can ever quit spending my money on modding I've got my eye on a Zenesis, a Provari, and an Empire. :laugh:

As far as attys go I started with the 510's with carts, then the blue foam, then dripping, tried the LR atty's then the Ego-T's, CE2s, and I've finally settled on a home built genesis atty, and would be hard pressed to swap back from this point.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC

I agree but, only to a degree. Every mod I ever got, I got with a specific purpose in mind. I wasn't buying shiney trinkets that I didn't expect to do something for me.

Running down the list again:

• The original m401 didn't perform well but, was enough to send me hunting for something better.
    • The egos were a lot better and I used them for a few months. While I was using them, I found I didn't like the tanks and I didn't like filler. So, I wanted a way to simulate dripping without the hassle.
    • The mods I built were all bottom feeders because I wanted to find an inexpensive way to try bottom feeding and I wanted to play around with building mods.
    • The Revolution V2 was an inexpensive way to try my first commercial bottom feeder and it wasn't really what I was after.
    • The madvapes VV box mod was intended to be a dip in the VV kiddie pool to find out what that was about and to get more consistency.
    • The Buzz Pro was my permanent solution to a VV mod but, I still needed something to feed it. I used a DOD. That's still what I use at home but, it's cumbersome for out and about.
    • The Reo mini was my solution for out and about and it works well but, I need to use lower resistance atomizers on it and so far, I can't find any I like except Ciscos or Ikenvapes which are about twice the money.

The VV Reo will be an attempt to get to a single device I can use all the time and to get away from the more expensive atomizers. So, I'll say that if you're just buying new toys, you need more discipline. If you have a specific goal in mind for the purchase, that's something different. When I see posts that say someting like, "I want to try a mod. What should I get?", I cringe a little. I usually ask what they want to change.

Zenataos

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2012
    British Columbia, Canada
    Started with an eGo-T kit just over a month and a half ago... haven't smoked an analogue since.

Upgraded shortly thereafter to a Lavatube and found out what VV means to me (a lot, huge difference for me)
    Sold the eGo-T to a friend who has now ordered a bunch more batts and some stardusts for the family that keeps mooching her PV. I've already converted 2 people directly and 5 more indirectly, all of whom are very thankful to be off the cigs.

I am now awaiting delivery of my new Provari V2 Black/Blue which should be here TODAY!

That's it, just the 3 devices, probably going to be set with just the Provari for awhile (6months'ish) after that I might treat myself with a Reo/Grand and give bottom feeding a go.

Stef64

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 5, 2011
    Michigan
    I started vaping about 3 years ago. Here's what I used:

- Auto DSE901. Good little PV but I kept flooding the atty and killing batteries.
    - Janty DuraC: manual 510. Loved this. It was my mainstay for almost 2 years.
    - DSE801: large cart capacity, poor production. Went back to the 510.
    - Janty Stick: I loved the removable 10440 and spending 3-4 bucks for a battery.
    - Riva: finally able to try LR attys, all my other PV's went in the drawer. Tried cartos, pretty much everything out there and settled for the CE2's. With this combo I quit analogs altogether.
    - 5V box mod: great for DCC's.
    - Provari: lives up to all the hype. Should have bought it earlier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread