Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
My Debit/credit Visa card got whacked for $1600.00 2 days ago, Fraudulent charges where from Asia, buy my bank (TD Bank) fixed it right away for me, but still, had to go sign a Reg-E form just crazy,,,, it was right after I made an e-cig purchase from a vendor too, but vendor the had nothing to do with it, I called them and alerted them ASAP too. Just amazing how this scamming goes on today, you would think they would come up with better security system to protect everyone.

Last edited:

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Wow, does this mean we as his customers need to worry or take some sort of action?
I just placed an order with him yesterday before the site went down.
He hasn't responded to email. Now I wonder if I should move on to another vendor since I have no idea if he'll be honoring orders or what?
Could one of you that use twitter and know him, ask him what the impact is on his customers and orders? Thanks!

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
That's why I opened a special account just for online purchases. I have it set up so if there's no money in it, no money comes out. Takes me all of 2 min. to transfer money from my bank account to that account to make a purchase. I usually run about $5.00 balance and that's all they can get.

Wow, does this mean we as his customers need to worry or take some sort of action?
He hasn't responded to email. Now I wonder if I should move on to another vendor since I have no idea if he'll be honoring orders or what?
Could one of you that use twitter and know him, ask him what the impact is on his customers and orders? Thanks!

It's not the vendors it's the credit card handling co. that were compromised. Any online puchase whether ecig or buying dog food online are the culprits so I wouldn't worry about your order being compromised.

These are his last two Twitter posts.

IkenVape ‏ @IkenVape
Yea guys, watch for orders from the philippines, seems there are more than a few going around doing this stuff, set back $4,000 and counting
29 Mar IkenVape ‏ @IkenVape
Hey guys I had to close the site down for a bit here as we keep getting hit by fraudulent charge backs. Working on it guys!

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
If he had to close the store down, then no you will not get a reply, as it is store generated.

However, if it was going to happen somewhere, at least at IkenVape your money and order are safe:)

liveone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Thanks for the info. There site closed down right after I received an order so was wondering what was going on myself and why they haven't responded to my email. Hope they get past this bump in the road speedily.

Meanwhile, I have a "510 Cannon/801 Delrin Drip tip" that is way too big for the boge cartomizer. I figured 510 meant it should fit. Anyone familiar with this product?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks for the info. There site closed down right after I received an order so was wondering what was going on myself and why they haven't responded to my email. Hope they get past this bump in the road speedily.

Meanwhile, I have a "510 Cannon/801 Delrin Drip tip" that is way too big for the boge cartomizer. I figured 510 meant it should fit. Anyone familiar with this product?

I did the same thing. It's for an 801 and after I went back and read it I relized my mistake. Teach me to read instead of just scan before I order.

I sure hope he didn't get hurt by all the charges he got. They should be covered. Just get's things going and then this.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Heyya guys!
I'm so sorry to cause such scares here.
We're alive and well. While trying to investigate these matters. I found a few US customers playing the same game for this year. The merchant provider isn't really doing all that much on this side either. We didn't get breached or anything of the lines. I would like to explain the process but I had made that mistake in the Philippine forum which is pretty much using it to crazy advantage now. There's a Huge amount of them who are outraged at whats going on over there. As this alleged group has hit Cherryvapes, Altsmoke, Nhaler Evolv and I'm sure a few others. I traced everyone who did these acts but the US is really whats bothering me. I mean..why? It's not like they're strangers and don't understand how hard we work and all the trust in the world that we give but I suppose that sounds kind of ignorant on my behalf. No matter, you can't ever let anyone no matter how negative influence who you are.

We are ready to reopen however I have to put a max limit of spending on the store and cease service to the Philippines indefinitely save for one supplier. I promise you guys, your orders will go out tomorrow. I don't have access to emails but once the site is loaded up I'm sure there's going to be books :laugh: which of course will be responded too.

Oh quick side note, as of today we're officially brand new homeowners!!! We NEED to have a celebration contest!!! Whole we wait for the io6 and 510s to come back (io6s can be purchased at EcigCharleston.com Welcome at the moment ;) ) I'm thinking Cannon Contest! What do you guys think?? Any ideas? I'm thinking simplicity like hundred count thread with random generator but if you guys think of anything please let me know. :)

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Heyya guys!
I'm so sorry to cause such scares here.
We're alive and well. While trying to investigate these matters. I found a few US customers playing the same game for this year. The merchant provider isn't really doing all that much on this side either. We didn't get breached or anything of the lines. I would like to explain the process but I had made that mistake in the Philippine forum which is pretty much using it to crazy advantage now. There's a Huge amount of them who are outraged at whats going on over there. As this alleged group has hit Cherryvapes, Altsmoke, Nhaler Evolv and I'm sure a few others. I traced everyone who did these acts but the US is really whats bothering me. I mean..why? It's not like they're strangers and don't understand how hard we work and all the trust in the world that we give but I suppose that sounds kind of ignorant on my behalf. No matter, you can't ever let anyone no matter how negative influence who you are.

We are ready to reopen however I have to put a max limit of spending on the store and cease service to the Philippines indefinitely save for one supplier. I promise you guys, your orders will go out tomorrow. I don't have access to emails but once the site is loaded up I'm sure there's going to be books :laugh: which of course will be responded too.

Oh quick side note, as of today we're officially brand new homeowners!!! We NEED to have a celebration contest!!! Whole we wait for the io6 and 510s to come back (io6s can be purchased at EcigCharleston.com Welcome at the moment ;) ) I'm thinking Cannon Contest! What do you guys think?? Any ideas? I'm thinking simplicity like hundred count thread with random generator but if you guys think of anything please let me know. :)

I'll sit this contest out as I won the last one lol. Congrats on the new home my man! And you thought you were stressed as is... ;) haha. Let me know when my man cave is ready!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Congrats on the new digs good buddy. I am also glad you were able to settle your woes. The good news is that the Philippine police and FBI are on this. Hopefully they will be able to track and close them down. From what I have gotten on the subject the Philippine vendors are really pushing this issue from their side as it affects not only their businesses but their vaping community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread