24 mg too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
I smoked 1-2 packs a day, I vape 24 mg, about 3-5 ml a day. Since you were less than a 1/2 a pad, maybe drop to 18 or 12 mg or less for all day vaping.

Just my guess, everyone is different and you just have to find the nic level that fits you and have fun with it.

Jag

Hmm how much do you guys vape, and now much analogs did you smoke? I use to smoke around 8 analogs a day but then again I'm a recovering addict as well.

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
From what I've read, different people metabolize nic differently, and based on how they smoked, got different levels of nic from a single cigarette. So it's really down to personal experimentation, to find what works best for you.

I started at 18, and probably should have started at 24, since I had notable side effects. At one point I felt ill and thought it was the vaping, and got worse -- it was nic withdrawl. Now I'm at 12 with occasional sessions of 18.

My personal rule of thumb is not to use more than I need to avoid cravings, but again, it really does come down to a personal decision.

scribes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
MN
Pack a day Kool Menthol full flavor for ~14 years.
Vape 18mg

24mg makes my throat feel weird, and makes me nauseous.
12mg keeps me going, but doesnt always do it.
8mg doesnt seem to curb my cravings at all. I tried for a week. Vaped CONSTANTLY, like 2-3 puffs every 2 minutes, was literally non stop, and an analog never left my mind.

18mg is my sweet spot.

Mythus2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
San Diego, CA
WAS...a PAD smoker started vaing at 24mg exclusively about 3 months ago. Recently got a flavor I really, really enjoy and found that I was constently vaping while at home and 24mg is too high for vaping like that for me, started to get light headed and a little sick. When I start feeling like that I start dripping 0mg for the rest of the night. I now have 1/2 my flavors at 24mg and 1/2 at 18mg with a few 0mg (just in case). But as was said above, this is a very personal experience and its all about what works for you. If you were only at 1/2 pk day analogs I would bet you're too high at 24mg.

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
I vape 36mg, so you're not too high :)

Higher mg juice is safe, so long as you don't vape as frequently as someone who vapes a lower mg juice. There's some difference between people, but I think it's a good general rule to follow. I take a max of 10 drags an hour, and every drag is 15-20 seconds, because feelsgoodman.

I just do it for throat hit, but I definitely notice with lower frequency of use you can actually achieve a buzz a lot of the time. I get a strong buzz every morning, and a few smaller ones during the day, just my experience.

Also, recovering addict? I don't want to assume anything, but if you're using/recovering from other substances it could have an interaction with nicotine, might not be a good one either.

salventura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
North Carolina
I was a pad smoker. Started off with 36mg, just recently (few days ago) dropped down to 24mg - can't really tell no difference, although it seems like I'm vaping more with the 24mg, other than that I have no side effects. The 36mg didn't mess with me, except 1 time and that was my very first vape. I had a nice buzz, got me thinking if they added something else to it.. lol Since than I have not experienced a nicotine buzz.

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
I was a pad smoker. Started off with 36mg, just recently (few days ago) dropped down to 24mg - can't really tell no difference, although it seems like I'm vaping more with the 24mg, other than that I have no side effects. The 36mg didn't mess with me, except 1 time and that was my very first vape. I had a nice buzz, got me thinking if they added something else to it.. lol Since than I have not experienced a nicotine buzz.

Hmm, I'm interested to know whether or not my method would work with other people. I was a 1/2 PAD smoker, and I got a buzz every first cigarette of the day, same results with vaping.

I actually do 2 drags every 1 drag, the first is a long mouth inhale, the second is a sharper direct lung inhale. Both of them combined is about 20 seconds long, and it annoys my friends when I hold my finger up letting them know I'm not going to be talking for a little while.

Gives me a huge nicotine rush if I haven't had a vape in a little while, and insane throat hit.

salventura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
North Carolina
Hmm, I'm interested to know whether or not my method would work with other people. I was a 1/2 PAD smoker, and I got a buzz every first cigarette of the day, same results with vaping.

I actually do 2 drags every 1 drag, the first is a long mouth inhale, the second is a sharper direct lung inhale. Both of them combined is about 20 seconds long, and it annoys my friends when I hold my finger up letting them know I'm not going to be talking for a little while.

Gives me a huge nicotine rush if I haven't had a vape in a little while, and insane throat hit.

:D You know something... I just tried that, and it actually worked for me. I had to repeat the process twice with a 24mg cart, but I have a nice nicotine buzz right now. :vapor:

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
:D You know something... I just tried that, and it actually worked for me. I had to repeat the process twice with a 24mg cart, but I have a nice nicotine buzz right now. :vapor:

Awesome man, I'll have to see if it works with some more people too. A word of caution though, I can't vape the other way anymore, it's not the same :vapor:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Although everyone is different, 24mg strength is very high for someone who only smoked 8 cigarettes per day.
BUt if you are getting too much nicotine your body will tell you by giving you headaches, and eventually making you feel nauseous.

So I'm a little confused... you got headaches when you STOPPED using nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread