Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
Finally got my 3d printed prototype of my little design to hold the kick still in my Reo Grand. Works perfectly! Fires every time, never moves out of place, and looks nice and clean inside the device - which was something that was bothering me about my original prototype that was made out of epoxy :)

SAM_1526.jpg SAM_1528.jpg SAM_1534.jpg SAM_1538.jpg

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Finally got my 3d printed prototype of my little design to hold the kick still in my Reo Grand. Works perfectly! Fires every time, never moves out of place, and looks nice and clean inside the device - which was something that was bothering me about my original prototype that was made out of epoxy :)

View attachment 88736 View attachment 88737 View attachment 88738 View attachment 88739

Nicely done Jim,, this deserves a bump,,, gonna go make me a few,, thanks for this

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Thanks so much for doing this. Just ordered a few from ponoko. It was super easy to set up, but I have a question about the material choices. I opted for the durable plastic material. I assume this is okay, but I guess I should have asked here before making the order. Oh well, at just over $3 each I can do it again if needed.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I'm lost here on how to order. I can't get the zip file to open. I get a message about Certificate Trust List and when I try to upload the design to Ponoko I get a message Kick not found. Check the file list and try again. Help me Mr Wizzard.

You need to 'unzip' the file before you upload it. are you on windows or mac?

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I'm on a PC. OK I unzipped it or so I think and its still a certificate trust list thing that won't do a thing.

When you unzip the file you should have a file called kiskstand.stl. Thats the file that gets uploaded to Ponoko. If your browser is not letting you upload that file perhaps its a browser security issue. If you ahve the option you may want to try a different browser. If you are using IE try Firefox of Google Chrome.. If you still have issues I could order more and some one out to you. I should know more about how they work once I get mine next week.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
I did get a file to unzip and this is its name: Certificate Trust List (.stl)

I noticed that my Kick had the clear wrap extending up the sides of the blue square thats on top of the Kick. I would have to remove part of it to have the Kick Stand installed on top as the wrap will interfere with it sliding on. I think for now I am just going to continue with what I have and its working..the eraser. Its not elegant but it works for me.

THanks though for your help. Post your findings when you get yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread