Can you stack batteries on Smoktech Bolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goober

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
PA
I have these 2 small batteries (i forgot what the actual size number was) that came with the lavatube mini and it seems to fit into the bolt. I haven't tried firing it yet because I am scared it might blow up and leave severe beauty threatening scars for the rest of my life so I am here asking you guys if you guys have tried it and how long have you been doing it?

SwampCollege

Verified Member
May 10, 2011
Ithaca, NY
gotta agree with Rocketman. Don't. The 'LT Mini' should have had 18350's (AW branding is questionable), stacking them in a Bolt is not a good idea. I don't know a lot about many things, but one thing is for certain: Only use the batteries that are recommended for use with the mod! It is worth the money to buy the correct batteries. The correct batteries will last a long time, preform as they are meant to, and in the long run, cost much less than a pack of analogs. Saving money is good, but not when it comes to safety. Be smart, and happy vaping.

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
Just to add to this, the bolt is a all mechanical mod. It has absolutely zero failsafe against any type of failure. If you get a shorted carto or shorted battery or some other minor failure it could lead to a very hazardous situation. The only failsafe a bolt has is the hole in the bottom of the mod and evetual melt down of the spring in its base. The bottom line if this device starts to go into what is commonly called "thermal runaway" you would have no way to stop it.

This can be said for even a single battery in a bolt however the chance of a single battery mod going into an uncontrolled thermal meltdown are significantly less.

Do as another poster pointed out. Buy the Nimh battery or buy lower resistance cartos. It is a much safer alternative.

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
You are correct it IS a wired switch. I meant by mechanical that it has no circuitry. Perhaps the connotation of mechanical would distinguish no wiring but in ecigs it is more confusing to say an analog vs digital mod, hence reffering to all non digital mods as mechanical even if the term is perhaps technically incorrect.
This is only relevant because most digital mods have circuit protection and extended activation protection. Ie if a switch were to fail a digital mod only allows a carto to fire for 10 seconds at a time.

Last edited:

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
You probably should hesitate to use even a single unprotected battery in a mod with no protection circuitry. You definitely shouldn't stack two possibly unprotected bats of unknown origin.

Another consideration when you are stacking bats, is you really need the bats to be in the same condition. If one of those two bats is really strong, and the other weak, you aren't just asking for trouble, but begging for it. The three pairs I rotate for my Buzz pro are all clearly marked, and are ALWAYS used with their mate.

Endweaver

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2011
Abbyss
You probably should hesitate to use even a single unprotected battery in a mod with no protection circuitry. You definitely shouldn't stack two possibly unprotected bats of unknown origin.

Another consideration when you are stacking bats, is you really need the bats to be in the same condition. If one of those two bats is really strong, and the other weak, you aren't just asking for trouble, but begging for it. The three pairs I rotate for my Buzz pro are all clearly marked, and are ALWAYS used with their mate.

This will be one of the best habit when stacking batteries. Mark them to avoid confusion when charging these after usage to make sure you are aware each pairs' carried charge and batt life. :laugh:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    To begin with two 18350 bats fresh off the charger will provide 8.4v.
    So chances are your atty/carto would just go
    OH SNAP
    oh-snap.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread