My take on the GLV2 @5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostarr

Jun 7, 2011
NC
IMG_4073.jpg
Normally I'm not one who reviews everything vape related, but I felt the urge to give my 2 cents on the GLV2 5V...

I have had mine for a little over a month now and when someone new sees it, they are amazed by the power behind it, the amount of vape I get and the unique style. Here are some points that I wanted to bring up about the GLV2 @5V...
1. The size... I'm a small framed female, the GLV2 fits perfect in my hand and it's very comfortable to hold and use.
2. The batteries... The GLV2 is never far from my reach as I vape constantly and I'm so pleased that the batteries last me pretty much all day. They give out about an hour or so (depending on what time I get to crawl into bed) before I call it a day.
3. The ability to have it customized... Some may not care as much about this as others, but it was one of the many selling points for me. Jay has a wonderful selection of colors to choose from. Half of the fun in purchasing this mod was customizing it.
4. The price... Some say it is on the pricey side and I see this point, but I also see it as still being cheaper than a month of smoking cigarettes. After my purchace of the GLV2, I found the mod for me, so I'm not looking at spending more money on other mods that I'm not 110% pleased with. It's also made in USA! Jay stands behind his work, if you have a problem with it, you can call and get it fixed.
5. The wait... It's not that bad for what your getting. I waited 16 days and honestly after using mine, I would wait much, much longer for one.
6. The button... It's easy to use. I don't see any way that you can press it by mistake. When you see/hear everyone talking about the button and how wonderful it is, they are right!
7. The customer service... When I made up my mind about getting a GLV2, I was a little skeptical about calling and asking a few questions about having it customized. After a few hours, I broke down and called and I'm sure Jay and Sara have answered the same questions I was asking a thousand times, but they both took their time and answered every question I asked. While I was patiently waiting on that beautiful white box from USPS to show up, Sara and I exchanged a few emails that made me feel great about the company, the product and the ability to still ask any silly question that I had. I can not say the same for any other (vaping and non-vaping) customer service. Sara truely goes far beyond any other and to me, that says so much.
8. Other mods just don't compare... When I started vaping and stopped smoking in March of this year, I started with a 510 tank e-cig. I was not smoking but every once in awhile, I craved a real cigarette and after about a month I decided to go with a e-go T. It was better but I still had some cravings and spent so much money on replacement tankomizers. Still not satisfied, I went with a homemade box mod that was so ugly and I was always messing with the mod more than I was vaping from it. After a week, I threw it down and went back to the e-go T. I vaped from a Silver Bullet but still something was missing. I was so frustrated that I sat down on night and made a list of the things I wanted in a mod. I then made myself some coffee and went online to find the one mod that had everything I wanted and found Greatlakesvapor.com and I was sold. I have not used anything else since and plus the cravings that I had before are completely gone for the first time.
9. It's not only the best 5v mod out there, it's also a piece of art.

Last edited:

Ostarr

Jun 7, 2011
NC
What a wonderful post!! Im a GLV2 5v fangirl.I love mine and though Ive owned and tried many mods nothing does it for me like the GLV.Its all I use.

Welcome to the GLV family! You sound like you have a nice GLV collection started!

I'm looking at ALL the color combinations that I can think of. :)
I'm proud to be part of this family! I go no where with mine!! Hopefully after the holidays I can purchase one for my elderly mom. I would love for her to quit smoking and I think the GLV is our only hope on that ever happening.

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
I had a glv2 once. I wore it the hell out. Bought a a mini for the wife. Bought a chrome Provari and sold my glv2 to my buddy 6 mos ago; now he won't sell it back! So, I ordered a new one, nebula green top to bottom. Wish I'd never sold the silver one. Why get another when I have a Provari? Too many bells and whistels to get the same vape you get from a glv2. To add; the glv is very versatile with atty's and cartos alike, hits like a truck, and looks/feels awesome in the hand (I don't care for the tanks I have). I can't wait! Build list seven! What is that like over a month? If I'm lucky. Take it from me kids, don't ever sell yer glv no matter how good the intention. You'll be sorry.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
...Too many bells and whistles to get the same vape you get from a glv2...

Well said! This has been my experience with variable voltage, as well. I own a very popular VV mod that's been in a drawer since about two weeks after I bough it. It works well enough but my 5v GLVs give me the most consistent vape, regardless of the atty/carto/juice.

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
Oh, yeah, I forgot about that part. Consistant hits is a wonderful thing. And as I recall if I wanted a softer hit I could throw a couple of 3 volt batts in it and the resistor did the rest. And I don't recall having a problem with 2 ohm cartos or a wide variety of atty's. Why did I sell it? I've stocked up on 2.5 ohm I06 atties in anticipation of it's arrival.

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
I honestly believe I have been able to stay away from analogs because of GLV. I know that if I stayed with the 510s, the e-goT or the less inferior mods, I would have given up on vaping completely. If anyone should say thank you, I should. Thank you for saving my life and giving me more time to enjoy with my children.

Thank you so much for that. You need to give yourself the credit for that one tho. You are the one who made the choice to quit,.. I just sold you something cool to do it with. Still feels nice to hear that tho...thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread