Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
CASAA.org

The CASAA web site is under development now.

Please visit www.casaa.org - your input is needed.

Please restrict this thread to suggestions for the web site -

HOME (introduction, members gallery, most recent news/events - the rest fall off into the archive areas, join and support links and navigation menu) and users poll with link to archived polls

ABOUT CASAA (mission statement, org charter, board info, financials, terms of use, privacy policy, etc)

RESOURCES ( ECF links, glossary of terms, gov't agency mailing addresses, congressman’s' contact info, sister agency links and document library, etc.)

NEWS (searchable archive of news posts)

Support CASAA (donations, links to banners and icons for your web site, stickers and downloadable items, etc. This may evolve into an online “store” at some point)

Membership (Free membership info, benefits and reasons to join)

Lifestyle (tips, tricks and commentary from fellow users. This is NOT a duplication of ECF - it is a source for non-frontpage-news items such as how to guides (tea bag mods, stir stick mods, newbie tips) and feedback from fellow users worthy of being documented. Think, "things that are repeated every week in ECF")

Event Calendar (searchable/sortable event calendar)

Contact Us (physical mailing address info, phone numbers and webforms)

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
you may want to remind folks not to post anything about the site as it isn't done...but my particular concern is copyright. Are those photos and that animation cleared for use? Since the url is public, might want to deal with that asap :)

-K

Absolutely - purchased and licensed for 72 dpi web use. I have about 10 million royalty-free images we use for web development but I'd much rather replace the 2nd-4th images with user submissions.

• people vaping against the NYC skyline
  • vaping on horseback with a mountain range in the background
  • vaping with the Golden Gate bridge behind them
  • beach vaping
One of the things that gives a site character and warmth are seasonal/holiday changes. People in sweaters in the fall, seasonal dress around the holidays, beachware in the summer, etc. I'd really like to see as much user input as possible. Let's put a human face on CASAA - too many sites (pro and con) seem corporate and stolid.

mtndude

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Roan Mountain, TN
Webby, this layout is fantastic! Excellent work! I have just one requested change...or rather, addition: We need a web-based meeting hall/office. A forum like this one isn't a bad start, but we should have other resources...a specific area for conducting regular meetings and live votes and web conferences, etc. If we are going to be involved in any political dealings, it is likely we'll need to be ready to rally together with short notice and really make things happen.

What this really means is that we need to start looking at the next step in the charter process...Writing a constitution/bylaws. I don't wanna be the bearer of bad news, but we're gonna be facing some internal politics sooner or later and right now while we're all excited about working together for lofty goals, we should probably figure out how we're going to deal with disagreements.

I with T on this.. maybe somesort of wiki... not sure if there is an effective democratic wiki app.. but that's what I'm imagining. That coupled with a reel-time chat/log seems in order.

+out of public view

Last edited:

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
maybe a place for donations? seems like there should be a donation section for the website and information telling the donate where the money is being spent.... sorry if someone already said this.

Thanks DJ - actually we decided to nest it under "Support" Many users (rightfully so IMHO) felt it was a little obnoxious on the home page.

Mighty Cowphin

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Oregon Coast
I live next to the Pacific... no sky line (well unless you count the bridge over the bay...lol) but I can get one of my very beautiful daughter vaping on the beach... let me know and I will send them to you....(after talking to that very beautiful young (she is 24) lady)... I would of me and hubby vaping on the beach as we do it all the time.. but we are niether young nor beautiful....LOL

On the site... so far so good... once it is all linked and working I will know more... I like the general lay out... very professional looking!

• people vaping against the NYC skyline
  • vaping on horseback with a mountain range in the background
  • vaping with the Golden Gate bridge behind them
  • beach vaping
One of the things that gives a site character and warmth are seasonal/holiday changes. People in sweaters in the fall, seasonal dress around the holidays, beachware in the summer, etc. I'd really like to see as much user input as possible. Let's put a human face on CASAA - too many sites (pro and con) seem corporate and stolid.

Last edited:

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
I live next to the Pacific... no sky line (well unless you count the bridge over the bay...lol) but I can get one of my very beautiful daughter vaping on the beach... let me know and I will send them to you....(after talking to that very beautiful young (she is 24) lady)... I would of me and hubby vaping on the beach as we do it all the time.. but we are niether young nor beautiful....LOL

On the site... so far so good... once it is all linked and working I will know more... I like the general lay out... very professional looking!

Thanks! I'll take any and all user photo contributions!

Michal "Webby" Douglas
admin@weboperations.net

Looks great, but the functions on the website don't seem to work. Have they yet to be activated?

Probabl;y be a week or so before all the database work is done, but the mockup is sliced and being updated as we get pieces coded. Check back often!

First, well done for taking the bull by the horns Webby, and for being inclusive.

I know I'll be in the minority with this, but: I don't like the use of the generic photos - it is so overdone now; you see this everywhere since IBM or someone like that started the trend 10 years ago; looks disingenuous to me (plus detractors could make the charge of glamorisation). I do like the use of pics of members though; that's completely different and welcome.

be sure to make linking banners so I can put CASAA links on my site, I have a basic one page forum intended for customer issues and questions but folks just don't really seem to have a need for it, (or an interest) it is a primary link button and I have been debating what to do with it. Maybe I can use it for a CASAA information page, let me know

I with T on this.. maybe somesort of wiki... not sure if there is an effective democratic wiki app.. but that's what I'm imagining. That coupled with a reel-time chat/log seems in order.

+out of public view

I used to work in Event Support for Microsoft Office LiveMeeting. Although its undergone some revisions since then, and there are other web meeting systems that might be more feasible financially but that is at least the type of thing I had in mind. I'm willing to lend a hand wherever needed and we could try a couple different options for free if we decide we want to use this type of tech.

Perhaps by the nature of our organization, most of our work might be best done in wiki form--but I think a wiki is good for the resource database, but other work (political, legal, creative, administrative and production) might be better served in real-time meetings.

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
Awesome. cant wait to see it all done. I want to join...{waits patiently}

And Kam- EVERYTHING looks differently in firefox than it does IE- and thats because IE sucks so no one should use it. {giggle}
I am learning to make sites- and I am frustrated with IE..

I think the font on the site defaults to your browser's default. It looks different in Firefox than it does in IE.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Is there going to be a forum? Or is that Lifestyle? #2 & 8 of the goals seem to point in that direction.

I think the font on the site defaults to your browser's default. It looks different in Firefox than it does in IE.

I think forums will stay here, we'll just link to ECF. There are a lot of people who may not be aware of ECF and hopefully we can increase both audiences. As for the Lifestyle section, here is what I envisioned although I'm open to suggestion:

Lifestyle (tips, tricks and commentary from fellow users. This is NOT a duplication of ECF - it is a source for non-frontpage-news items such as how to guides (tea bag mods, stir stick mods, newbie tips) and feedback from fellow users worthy of being documented. Think, "things that are repeated every week in ECF")

I think forums will stay here, we'll just link to ECF. There are a lot of people who may not be aware of ECF and hopefully we can increase both audiences. As for the Lifestyle section, here is what I envisioned although I'm open to suggestion:

I agree, but to explain my POV in greater detail, I envision the Lifestyle section to serve as a bit of a "fashion page". Smoking used to be the epitome of cool...James Dean, Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne, Elizabeth Taylor...but as the hazards of smoking came to the forefront, efforts were made to tear down that cool image...and with good reason--smoke is deadly and people should be discouraged, not encouraged.

However, with vaping, we have the opportunity to take back the mystique and do it for REAL this time. What is sexier than James Dean, Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne, and Elizabeth Taylor coyly pulling on a cigarette? Not smelling like an ashtray, not hacking up black phlegm each morning, regaining your senses of smell and taste..oh and not getting cancer is pretty sexy too.

I agree that we don't really need another forum there (not that I would be opposed if people still wanted it), but a live chat room might be appropriate...but what I'd most like to see is user submitted photos, art, and user created videos (including pro-vaping PSAs and especially funny e-cigarette commercials, Flash Mob demonstrations, etc.) that attempt to show the efforts of CASAA in action along with testimonial biographies of CASAA members and officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread