Status
Not open for further replies.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Lets see where to begin. First and foremost I have tried many of the usual suspects when it comes to flavorings--Flavour Art, Flavorwest, TPA, Capella's and a couple Hangsen. I have some must haves in most of these brands but had many more that I didn't like. This has made DIY frustrating and very much a trial-and-error-and-spend-lots-of money-and-sometimes-be-disappointed process.

When I first heard about the new super concentrated flavorings by vaping Zone I was as usual for me somewhat skeptical. I am almost ashamed to say that now...LOL:facepalm:

I have tried about 18 of the currently listed 62 flavors and counting this company offers with more on the way to me as I type this. The beauty of these flavorings is I no longer have to add high percentages or wait weeks on end or scribble down endless calculations to get a fantastic easy vape. For a high PG vaper like myself, the recommended 2.5% is plenty with some being better for me at 1-2%. This makes a $6.99 bottle of flavoring an incredible value in the long run.

I consider myself a very particular vaper. I don't like vaping perfumes or having them in my vicinity as I am sensitive to perfume. Of the 18 flavors I have tried so far, none were bad and 15 are ones I intend to use again and again. For me, thats a borderline miracle as a fussy vaper. I don't blow smoke-- if I don't like something I will say so.

Recently I have begun combining the flavors together with great results. Any of the fruits work well with the tobacco and cigar flavors. I have not received VZ's caramel or vanilla yet (both on the way) and used another company's caramel with VZ flavors and it worked out great. I recommend aiming for 3% total if you are using all VZ flavorings combos to start and you vape high PG. You can always add more if you need to.

At this point, I prefer to stick with like minded flavorings that require low flavor percentages so I used FlavourArt Caramel and added it to my favorite vaping Zone tobacco flavor- Black N Mild along with VZ's chocolate. I steeped it overnight and awoke to my husband vaping it.:laugh: After I pried the bottle out of his hands I am happy to report its fantastic. RY4-ish cigar anyone?

I'd like to say these flavorings are also superb as standalones too and my cartomizers are lasting longer. I highly recommend you try them. My husband and I have been amazed how much we like the tobaccos after trying so many so-so's or downright duds. Even if you don't like tobaccos-- I suggest everyone try at least the Black & Mild and see if your mind can't be changed.

All the non-tobacco flavors are excellent too I haven't disliked one yet. Thanks for reading my novel.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Even if you don't like tobaccos-- I suggest everyone try at least the Black & Mild and see if your mind can't be changed.

Excellent post! I'm not a premix 'bakky flav lover AT ALL... BUT, my VZ Black & Mild try at 2.5% has been wonderful through two days steeping. The flav is just so day-um teasing and pleasing. If further steeping deepens the flav, then I'll definitely have another daily 'keeper'!

Thanx...
looking_around.gif

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
That Black N Mild is a very good flavor ( #1 of my baccy faves faves) it does get a bit stronger after steeping at least to my buds. :) I tweaked it a few times and its very versatile too with the other flavors. I ended up with a lower than recommended percentage as my sweet spot.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Continued Review not including newly acquired flavors:

Mandarin--Spot on juicy sweet and tart- beautiful back note or great on its own 10 out of 10

Chocolate--cocoa-esque the outside crunchy part of a toostie pop husband loves this I give it 10 out of 10 for originality compared to other chocolates I have had

Peach-- Tied for best fruit to me to date sweet delicous ripe peach 11 of 10

French Pipe--very flavorful not an all day vape but very good 9 of 10

Cigar---good base cigar flavor---excellent with fruit particularly cherry 9 of 10

Cherry delicious not obnoxious---authentic without being too sweet or too tart--tied for first place in the fruits 11 out of 10

Apple- I get tart apple out of this nice backnote 8 out of 10

Raspberry- very nice-- smell is spot on taste is better than what I remember the real deal tasting like 8 of 10

Blackberry-- more complex never tasted a real blackberry so I'm not a good judge-bit I like it 9 of 10

Watermelon--tastes like a Jolly Rancher to me 7 of 10

Apricot--dried apricot taste its good 8 of 10

Black N Mild- my favorite tobacco-- I use less than recommended- awesome taste and smells great, versatile 12 of 10

Real Cig--too strong for me at recommended percentage-- more palatable at 1% using other flavors along with--8 of 10

RY4--not for me on its own might be better with other flavors 7 of 10

555--not for me on its own might be better with other flavors 7 of 10

Virginia not for me period....6 of 10

Shisha- weird and wonderful--something reminiscent of licorice--can't put my finger on it but its an interesting flavor 8 of 10

Will update in a few days about Vanilla, Caramel and Cinnamon Bun

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
shilohcalista,

Your post #5 is saved into my database!
thumbsup.gif

After several days testing the B&M, I just got a small 'hint' of cigar 'bakky on my test sample, not unpleasant at all. Was gonna make 30ml the other night and got sidetracked. Think I'll wait 'nother day or two before diving in.

I can mentally taste a very fine future flav with just a touch of VZ cherry, or blackberry, or... once I order some.

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Off the charts great reviews Shiloh! Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with these flavors.

I feel a bit of sadness however that you have never had the pleasure of tasting blackberries as it is one of my favorite berries - a deep, rich, yet not overpowering flavor that may give you (or not) a better understanding of the vaping flavor. I see that you are from Here & There. Keep your eyes peeled for the berries this summer, especially for fresh picked ones at farmer markets. If they don't have them Here, surely they will have them There.

Thanks again for your efforts.

MrBeo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
Deserts of So California
Off the charts great reviews Shiloh!

. I see that you are from Here & There. Keep your eyes peeled for the berries this summer, especially for fresh picked ones at farmer markets. If they don't have them Here, surely they will have them There.

lol :laugh:

Reactions: NancyB

MrBeo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
Deserts of So California
Watermelon--tastes like a Jolly Rancher to me 7 of 10
Sorry to jump in your Review thread but I also find the Watermelon to taste like a Jolly Rancher but its not near as sweet! I did this in a side by side taste test. I give the watermelon a 6/10 but I see it working in a mix to gain another note in something. Not for my personal taste as a stand alone. It is more just melony then watermelon like.
Click on the Picure because I get a kick out of people CLICKING ON MY PICTURES! :laugh:
Watermelon 001.jpg

Last edited:

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Off the charts great reviews Shiloh! Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with these flavors.

I feel a bit of sadness however that you have never had the pleasure of tasting blackberries as it is one of my favorite berries - a deep, rich, yet not overpowering flavor that may give you (or not) a better understanding of the vaping flavor. I see that you are from Here & There. Keep your eyes peeled for the berries this summer, especially for fresh picked ones at farmer markets. If they don't have them Here, surely they will have them There.

Yes I am a very deprived girl--- no real backberries ever...you can send me some this summer because here & there is lacking in farmers markets :laugh: Thanks for reading my reviews--I appreciate it. :D Hope it helps someone just starting out a little bit.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Sorry to jump in your Review thread but I also find the Watermelon to taste like a Jolly Rancher but its not near as sweet! I did this in a side by side taste test. I give the watermelon a 6/10 but I see it working in a mix to gain another note in something. Not for my personal taste as a stand alone. It is more just melony then watermelon like.
Click on the Picure because I get a kick out of people CLICKING ON MY PICTURES! :laugh:
View attachment 89806

You crack me up Mr. Beo---I look forward to what you'll post next. I'll click you allright :lol::shock::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread