Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
How is it possible that people who try the 510 AND the VK prefer the 510? I guess we all have different preferences, but sheesh! The taste of the vk is way above and beyond what I experienced with my 510. I seriously wish I had seen more on the Vk before I spent about $300 on 510 and accessories! But you know what? I found my ecig and that is all that matters. I am off cigs for good and that is worth all the money I have as far as I am concerned! It is just going to take a bit longer until I break even is all... right??? Thank God my hubby is as thrilled for me to be off the analogs as I am, maybe more so. He is a good guy (of course, he hasn't seen the bills yet... ;) )

Anyway, the draw is a bit light on the battery but is easily remedied by putting your fingers lightly over the air holes. I have a feeling I will get used to the lighter draw eventually, but for now that works for me. The passthrough is a perfect draw in my opinion. Surprisingly, I actually like the automatic battery as opposed to the manual, not sure I would switch back even if they do come out with a manual for the vk, but we'll see.

All of the flavors I have tasted so far are the 16 except the peach which is 11. I think I will keep ordering the 16 since it seems be be satisfying to me, although I may order some 6 and 11 for nighttime vaping.

So far I have tasted the chocolate (yummy), the cappucino (yummier), the marlboro (best tobacco flavor I have tried so far compared to the 510) and the peach...mmmmmmmm. The peach is yummy and very very sweet. I don't think it will ever be my favorite vape, but it will always have a place - I like it alot and will always want to have it on hand. The Vanilla is very tasty, and again, I will want to have it on hand. So far the cappucino is the overall "ding ding ding we have a winner" flavor for me.

The tobacco flavors I have tried are ALL better then I have had on the 510. WAY better! The Ry4 is a bit too sweet for me but ok. The camel is very rich tasting and just a bit on the sweet side. I will definately keep some on hand. The Marlboro is my favorite and to me is the closest to smoking an analog. It will probably be the taste I vape when I am drinking something sweet like "boat drinks" :)

Ease of use? Forget about it! Way less muss and fuss! And on the 510, I found I was always dripping a few drops on so I could taste something, even when the cart was new. This has consistant flavor. Man I love this baby! The vapor king doesn't NEED a mod because it has everything going for it already!

So I have to say on a scale of 1 - 10 I have to give this baby a 15! If you were even considering giving this one a try, do yourself a favor and do it! I just can't find enough good things to say about it!

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I could not have said it better myself. Count yourself lucky that you only had one ecig before this one...I on the other hand have 510,801,901, Lady Pipe, and multiple parts for each. They make a nice paperweight now...

2 actually! I spent another $150 on one I saw in a Tobacco Shop. Worth it though because it sparked my interest and I found this board. ;)

And the 510, well, let's just say I appreciate the VK so much more having used it. I have packed most of it away neatly in case of emergency (vaping prohibition lol) and left some out to lend out to people who just want to give vaping a try for an evening. Eventually though, I will have to buy extra parts and chargers because the VK is just that much better IMO.

And you girly! You were one of the people who made me want to give VK a try! I can't thank you enough for that! {{{hugs}}}

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
So JenJen...are you saying you like it...lol. It really is an awesome device and an awesome experience. I just now opened a new Red Cow cart and WOW!!! It tastes much better than the first time and different than when I tried it my first day of vaping....I know my taste is already improving. Thanks for your review..I never tried any of the other ones so I can't compare...but it sounds like I made the right choice the first time...thankfully....:thumbs:

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
hehehe! Glad of that, but I honestly don't see how people could NOT love this? 510 fans are going to HATE me! lol

Who knows, some may read your posts and wise up. Then they will have you to credit for making a better choice.

There really is no better advert then for unbiased one for one comparison. You are IT.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
OK, my husband is needing something with more throat hit and to be able to get e really good menthol flavor. I'm shopping for something else to try for him. I'm happy with the 510 vapor, Nhale liquid and throat hit, but it does need to be constantly topped off.

Jen talks about the flavor, but wouldn't that be more the juice and less the device? Doesn't it get expensive having to buy cartomizers all of the time? I've been using the same two attys and bottle of Nhale for over 2 weeks now - I couldn't see having to buy cartomizers all of the time and only getting 3 or so refills?

Are the cartomizers filled with Nobacco juice or prefilled at the factory?

And what makes the VK function any differently than the 510? Bigger battery? Larger carts? What?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's nice to have someone who has both and maybe can describe the difference?

Last edited:

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
I can't answer all of your questions but I will chime in with what I do know (I also have a 510 and a VK).

Cartomizer expense: I have refilled the one I am using right now probably 8 times, and I am seeing no reason to quit. As long as you don't burn them out (dry vape just kills these just like it does a 510 atty) you should be fine refilling them. I think KC is the master at this and will come along shortly (if not before I finish my own post).

Flavor: The juice in the ones from Steve are great, but I have also refilled with Nhaler juice (the same stuff I used in my 510) and yes there is a significant flavor difference. It is more "real" in the cartomizer. Whatever the flavor is, it comes out more with the cartomizer verses my 510 carts. I am vaping a refilled pineapple right now with a mix of Nhaler Pear Lung and Peach regular. Just for giggles, I refilled a 510 cart to compare them side by side, and the VK just stomped the life out of my 510. Add to this the fact that when I do refill my cartomizer it lasts significantly longer than a 510 cart.

The battery is definitely bigger - it is the size of a 901 battery. In fact you can charge the 901s in the PCC made for VKs/808s, the passthroughs are also interchangeable. However, all my VK and 808 batteries outlast my 901s (granted that could be a manufacturer thing since my 901s came from yet another vendor). The carts are also bigger, closer to teh size of an 801 but then again these include the atomizer. The cart filler is similar in size to 510/901 filler but it is not polyfill. Honestly, I don't know what it is but it wicks better and holds more than any of my other carts including my 801. The 801 technically hold more drops but the wicking process tends to leave most of my juice near the mouthpiece making it unuseable for me.

I am sure Steve or KC will help with the more technical aspects!

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
2 actually! I spent another $150 on one I saw in a Tobacco Shop. Worth it though because it sparked my interest and I found this board. ;)

And the 510, well, let's just say I appreciate the VK so much more having used it. I have packed most of it away neatly in case of emergency (vaping prohibition lol) and left some out to lend out to people who just want to give vaping a try for an evening. Eventually though, I will have to buy extra parts and chargers because the VK is just that much better IMO.

And you girly! You were one of the people who made me want to give VK a try! I can't thank you enough for that! {{{hugs}}}

I am the same - first one was a Smoke Everywhere. It was and remains a serious POS. However, like you, it was my gateway PV! While looking for carts for it, I found this place! Wooohooo! Money well spent I say!

I keep my 510 around too for that reason as well, along with my 801, my 901, and my lady pipe! LMAO

So glad I could be of service. I love my VK and I knew you would too! No get on the cartomizers girlie, there are new flavors to be had!:hubba:

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
OK, my husband is needing something with more throat hit and to be able to get e really good menthol flavor. I'm shopping for something else to try for him. I'm happy with the 510 vapor, Nhale liquid and throat hit, but it does need to be constantly topped off.

Jen talks about the flavor, but wouldn't that be more the juice and less the device? Doesn't it get expensive having to by cartomizers all of the time? I've been using the same two attys and bottle of Nhale for over 2 weeks now - I couldn't see having to buy cartomizers all of the time and only getting 3 or so refills?

Are the cartomizers filled with Nobacco juice or prefilled at the factory?

And what makes the VK function any differently than the 510? Bigger battery? Larger carts? What?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's nice to have someone who has both and maybe can describe the difference?

Hey Kristin,

I can try to answer some of your question. For whatever reason the flavor of cartomizers almost always beats flavor from a 3 piece for me. The juice that Steve is selling right now is the same juice that is used in cartomizers, but even still, it tastes better from the cartomizer. The throat is also excellent, better than any of the stock units that I have used (I don't have a ton of experience with the 510, but I have used 401's, 901's, and 801's extensively). It does have a bigger battery. I vape pretty heavy, and I usually get at least 4 hours out of my VK batteries. If I missed any questions, please let me know.

BTW, I read your article and dugg it as well. I thought it was outstanding. Saw it posted a week or two ago in a different place.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Thanks!

I was a little confused by Jen's comment that the draw was "lighter." Does that mean less vapor or throat hit or that it's easier to draw than a 510? Do you know what that means?

The "lighter draw" means that you don't have to suck as hard on it. Long slow drags will give you plenty of vapor, and killer throat hit.

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
Thanks!

I was a little confused by Jen's comment that the draw was "lighter." Does that mean less vapor or throat hit or that it's easier to draw than a 510? Do you know what that means?

Easier to puff on and more airy if that makes sense? There are new manual batteries that I have not tried yet for the VK, but with my manual 510 even with the button I have to pull hard to inhale. We these it is closer to breathing in with your lips sealed around the device. Not sure if I described that well, but I hope it makes some semblance of sense. Even with the automatic batteries, the VK is less work for greater payoff (and more consistent).

I forgot to mention one of my favorite features and this question made me think of it. It does not overheat nearly as quickly as my 510. With my 510 I can get 2-3 great puffs before I need to put it down to let the atty cool. And just now I tested my VK (all to answer your question - see how altruistic I am) and it took 6 for it to even warm up enough to notice. I would test further, but me thinks I am nic drunk at the moment...:p

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Also, how well do the VK juices work in the 510? I'm interested in some of those flavors!

And the menthol? Anyone compare that to others? Believe it or not, the Nhale menthol is too weak for him. (I personally dislike any menthol I've tasted.)

Right now he's mixing liberty juice and nhaler menthols.

The VK juice will work well with any other PV. I haven't tried the new menthol juice that we just got, but the newest menthol cartomizers are VERY strong menthol flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread