Greetings! A bit of advice, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsy

Account closed on request
Apr 14, 2012
Hello everyone!

I, like many others here, only found this wonderful forum after I had purchased my first ecig (Safe Cig) and discovered its weak points - although I have to say I am very much enjoying vaping:vapor:. So... I've read all the newbie info (which is a great resource!) and figure I should get a 510 Titan tank with a 340 mAh battery from Totally Wicked UK (I am in Belgium). Would this be vaguely sensible in your experiences? Is the 340 mAh battery longer / heavier than the lower-rated batteries? What is going to give me enough power? Also - has anyone had any experience with ENjuice.com? And last question: Are there any Belgian suppliers that I have missed?!

Many thanks for your help! It really is bewildering getting your head around all this vaping business, what with all the mis-information and marketing flying around :confused:.

2 days, no analogues, and enjoying!

Bobsy

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
With the cost (at least in the states) of higher mAh models being fairly low, I would not settle for only 340 mAh. First, it won't be that much of an improvement and second, it limits what atomizers and cartomziers you can use with it because the battery is too weak.

If you are going to upgrade, I would get a model with a 1000+ mAh battery: Kgo, E-Power, Riva or EVO. If you don't want to order from over here across the pond, then I would look at Liberty Flights in the UK.

badmotivator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Eugene, OR
Good on ya, Bobsy! Hope you keep it up.

How important to you is it to keep the size of your Personal Vaper down? If you can tolerate or would even enjoy something with a little more heft than a cigarette-shaped PV, then there are tons of high power, low cost battery systems. I bought the https://smoktek.3dcartstores.com/The-Bolt-Mod--Red_p_247.htmlBolt, and it has been serving me well.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You're welcome. After you've found a PV post back here and we'll find you a reasonable price from a reputable vendor. Also discount coupons are available :D

Hi Vapoor eyes er and wv2win!

Thanks for your fast answers! I guess I'll look around a bit more! I've already shelled out for one dud (ish) - don't wanna make the same mistake again ;) I'll come back here when I've checked out wv2win's suggestions.

bobsy

Apr 14, 2012
Thanks for all the advice! Badmotivator - I'm not sure I'm quite ready to make the jump to something like that - I'm very much the noob and am not sure I'd have the balls to stand in a bar with one of those!!! :blink:

So how's about this as a deal? original EGO TANK T-serie by TCT
It strikes me as pretty cheap, no?! Also - the whole auto/manual thing. I'm very happy with my auto battery at the moment - yet the veterans seem to prefer manuals... Is there are huge difference? Also - how many atomizers do you guys and girls get through? Just looking at running costs - that's all!

Rob :)

badmotivator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Eugene, OR
I'm very much the noob and am not sure I'd have the balls to stand in a bar with one of those!!!

Right! You either gotta go slim and hope not to be noticed or buy something extreme that looks like it was made by NASA or Harley Davidson. Then tell people you took it up because you wanted something stronger than those weak little cigarettes that regular people use. :)

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Thanks for all the advice! Badmotivator - I'm not sure I'm quite ready to make the jump to something like that - I'm very much the noob and am not sure I'd have the balls to stand in a bar with one of those!!! :blink:

It strikes me as pretty cheap, no?! Also - the whole auto/manual thing. I'm very happy with my auto battery at the moment - yet the veterans seem to prefer manuals... Is there are huge difference? Also - how many atomizers do you guys and girls get through? Just looking at running costs - that's all!

The difference between auto and manual is the auto has an air hole on top of the battery that activates a switch to turn the battery on when you inhale. Most people find they have to do a double inhale, one to start warming the atty and the other to inhale. Also, any liquid that leaks into the air hole may damage the electronics inside the battery.

A kit is only necessary if you don't know what you want. Unless you want the tank system, don't buy the 'T' kit. I suggest, while you are looking at everything, an eGo type pass-through battery (1000 - 1100mah). They use a USB cable to charge. It plugs into the bottom end and allows you to continue vaping while it charges. The USB can be plugged into a computer, a wall outlet, or a car adapter.

The Vision eGo clearomizer LR (low resistance 2.0 ohm range) is a good beginners clearo. The top screws on so there are no leaks and they are matched to the eGo for power and style. They usually last a month or more. Easy to rinse and clean.

These are all just suggestions. I know there is a lot out there. Many of us have started where you did and are trying to help you avoid mistakes we made. You are an individual and have to decide what will best suit your needs. Happy Hunting.

Relax! Enjoy!

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

The eGo is only 3.4 volts!!!! You can do better than that. Liberty Flights is well supported on ECF. I would look at these:

This Riva is a true 3.7 volt model: Riva 510-T

And if you don't mind shopping here in the states then look here:

EVO V2 Kit

KGO

E-Power Replacable Battery kit!

And there is a big difference between auto and manual batteries. Manuals provide warmer vapor, more control and are safer. With autos, they have cut-offs that stop the battery and if any liquid leaks, the auto's are not sealed and it will kill the battery. Bottom line, the reason why the vast majority of us use manuals is because they just perform much better.

Last edited:

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I think you want something that just needs the batteries replaced as in the unit is not the actual battery so you don't have to wait forever for shipping from the US.I am fairly new to vaping and just received this today. It rocks and is so easy to use. I could have used it from day one and been just fine. It holds 9 mls of juice and takes a huge battery. It also fits in your hand so people really won't notice it. Good luck and welcome:)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You're going to be paying about $40.00 for a PV. What you might want to do is focus on the mah and the volts. Advantages of manual PV:
- less chance of damage from juice
- usually has an off feature to prevent misfiring
- puts the vaper in full control of the experience, if you want/ need a stronger hit you hold the button down longer.
I agree completely with wv2win's suggestions.
Re: EGO Tank-T- some have problems with the tank while some don't. You could always buy one of the PVs wv2win suggested and add on a tank for $10- $15.00. Also the EGO is 650 mah- prolly the absolute minimum you'd want to go.
I use cartos so I can't comment on the life of atomizers but with a tank my carto lasts 2+ weeks before it begins to get a tight draw.
Good Luck.

bobsy

Apr 14, 2012
Everyone, I cannot thank you all enough for your fantastic advice! :)

I have plumped for a Riva 510. I have pursuaded a friend to get one as well, and so we have ordered one with a tank and one with cartomisers so we can make the comparison ourselves. I have also indulged in getting 10 5ml flavours. I cannot wait to ditch the Safe Cig classic "flavour" (tastes like steam?!) and the rubbish batteries! Also got the 15% at Liberty Flights - seems like a great deal.

I'll be back to report on how things went!

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
The eGo is only 3.4 volts!!!! You can do better than that. Liberty Flights is well supported on ECF. I would look at these:

This Riva is a true 3.7 volt model: Riva 510-T

And if you don't mind shopping here in the states then look here:

EVO V2 Kit

KGO

E-Power Replacable Battery kit!

And there is a big difference between auto and manual batteries. Manuals provide warmer vapor, more control and are safer. With autos, they have cut-offs that stop the battery and if any liquid leaks, the auto's are not sealed and it will kill the battery. Bottom line, the reason why the vast majority of us use manuals is because they just perform much better.

Which one of these is the smallest?
Can one of these fit comfortably in your jeans front pocket?

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Which one of these is the smallest?
Can one of these fit comfortably in your jeans front pocket?

They are all about the same size as the eGo. They are the approximate size of a "sharpie" pen. So, size wise it doesn't really matter. And they all fit fine in my pockets. However, I don't wear "painted-on" jeans, either, lol.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
They are all about the same size as the eGo. They are the approximate size of a "sharpie" pen. So, size wise it doesn't really matter. And they all fit fine in my pockets. However, I don't wear "painted-on" jeans, either, lol.
I’ve heard the sharpie comparison before, but sharpies come in a lot of different sizes. Some are not too much bigger than a pen that would be no problem sticking in my pocket, others are big chubby clunky things that would be very uncomfortable to stick in my pants pocket.

Is there a site that gives the respective dimensions and comparison pictures of the ego/kgo style pv’s to said sharpie so I can see what style pen it is compared to?
I’d just hate to buy something that is uncomfortable or incontinent to carry around.

Which is the smallest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread