Saying Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
East Coast
Hello and welcome Saiti, Guilt8921 and Mondale. There is a *ton* of information here. Don't let it overwhelm you - take your time and explore and poke around. Ask any questions that you need to. This is a very supporting community.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been around lurking for a while, but its nice to converse now that I feel I wont make a fool out of myself because now I'm an e-cig hipster who knows all the lingo. :D

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
Hey all just wanted to say hello to everyone, I've been lurking for a while but decided it was time to become more active. I have learned tons from all of you so far and wanted to say thanks!

Welcome to ECF!! I, much like you, lurked for a bit before I joined and started posting. I registered mostly because I couldnt access the other forums, but now I find myself having a hard time shutting-up! :)

Welcome to ECF, hope to see you having a hard time staying quiet too haha!

Saiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
East Coast
Welcome to ECF!! I, much like you, lurked for a bit before I joined and started posting. I registered mostly because I couldnt access the other forums, but now I find myself having a hard time shutting-up! :)

Welcome to ECF, hope to see you having a hard time staying quiet too haha!

Thanks, haha I tend to talk too much sometimes too. Oh well people will just have to deal with it :p

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes everyone!

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Welcome Saiti!

Yes, the lingo used in the vaping community qualifies it as a subculture. I spent several long evenings lurking on ECF before I could decode the lingo and understand what people were talking about.

Some terms that make entry into the vaping world less accessible...

atty: atomizer
carto: cartomizer
PV: personal vaporizer, or e-cigarette
mod: an e-cigarette on steroids
APV: advanced personal vaporizer, a mod, an e-cigarette on steroids
analog: cigarette
batts: batteries
VG: vegetable glycerine. Actually, glycerine USP
PG: propylene glycol USP
TH: throat hit. An ill-defined term that relates to the effect of vapor temperature and nicotine content on the vaper.
mah: (pronounced "ma", lol). Milli amp hour, mAh.
tube mod: E-cigarette that looks like a skinny baby bottle
drip tip: mouthpiece
juice: e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread