Brass Screen Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric9

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Fort Mill, SC
OK...
I'm using this and having success with it. No cleaning poly, burnt taste, straws, paper clips, etc., just plug & play. It favors the VG mix but PG seems to work too (maybe not as good as the VG though). It has only been tried (by me) on a 510 because thats all I use.

These are three 1/2 brass pipe screens shown below.
Screen1.jpg Screen2.jpg Screen3.jpg Screen4.jpg Screen5.jpg

Respects

override

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Danbury, TX
Stric9,

Thanks for posting the pics up! I was curious tho, since I am a noob and all, I have no idea what a 510 cart is like. I bought myself an EVO (still waiting on it in the mail, shipped out today) and the carts on an evo have an inner cart that has to be pulled out. So my question would be, would it work with that type of cart? Are you using any type of filler? or just the screens? Thanks for the info!

Stric9

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Fort Mill, SC
Override - The 510 does not have the same set up as the EVO (I think). The EVO has a smaller insert pushed back up inside the cart. I had that type originally but abandoned it for the 510. Not sure if it would work on that style or not but it should. I think as long as you have multiple screens sandwiched together and they are formed in a conical shape that touches the atty bridge it should work. It's hasn't been tried before that I know of. Best of luck!!

Nforcer - The material is 3 brass regular pipe tobacco screens. You can buy them at any tobacco shop or ebay. They usually cost less than $1 for a 5 pack.

schadoe - I've been using this for approx 1 month (+- a coupla days). It seems to me the screen makes the atty run cooler. I haven't take any temperature measurements but it feels cooler to the touch. Not sure why this is happening but if I had to guess it's either because there is enough brass there to dissipate the heat or it is wicking better so the heat is being dissipated by the nic juice (both?). I have a 6 volt mod that will melt a standard cart so I KNOW what that looks (and tastes) like when it occurs...LOL

Respects

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
schadoe - I've been using this for approx 1 month (+- a coupla days). It seems to me the screen makes the atty run cooler. I haven't take any temperature measurements but it feels cooler to the touch. Not sure why this is happening but if I had to guess it's either because there is enough brass there to dissipate the heat or it is wicking better so the heat is being dissipated by the nic juice (both?). I have a 6 volt mod that will melt a standard cart so I KNOW what that looks (and tastes) like when it occurs...LOL

Respects

Thnks for the information, I am going out now, and get 10 or so. I will be trying on a 901, and will let you know how it works. I am to scared to try it on my npro, because the inside cart is so small i think it would melt to easy. I may try to use it and put a small hole in center with a little of the npro filler going through the hole into the liquid underneath. With a little filler above the screen it should wick, and allow me to get more liquid into the small npro cart.

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
O man I feel like I should send you some money. The 901 must be smaller than cart you used. I was able to cut each screen in half, and use the end of the syringe , without a needle, to form the cap. I put them into carts, and then used the back end of the tweezers to form a little dip in the middle , like I would see in the filler after use. This also worked on the npro. I was able to get 2 full droppers from a glass 3.7 ml bottle into the npro cart. I am getting huge clouds that has not taste of polly fill. the cloud and taste im getting from the npro is keeping up with my 901's. I tried coffee filters tea bags , and always tasted bad to me. i do not use flavors, this tastes great no unknown taste at all. I will be able to see easily if the npro shows any sign of melting since I have to remove the little inner cart to refill. Does anyone have any idea how long I can use the brass screens before needing to replace them, and is there any leaching possible with brass screens?

thanks again on a great mod.

Stric9

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Fort Mill, SC
Does anyone have any idea how long I can use the brass screens before needing to replace them, and is there any leaching possible with brass screens?

Brass or Stainless does not leech.
I'd probably rinse it out once a week. Don't remove it, just flush the entire cart with hot water. Replace every year (or two).

Respects

Ragman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2009
Hamlin, New York, USA
Last edited:
In a recent thread I talked about how an atty could be designed to hold more liquid when used for dripping. This is the sort of material that could be used for a more longer lasting (more drips) dripping atty - by placing this inside the atty, taking care to leave an air corridor.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread