Looking for Stores in Houston (and a giving one recommendation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk
Anyone know of any good stores in the Houston area that sell e-juice? I have found one but I was wondering if anyone knew of any others.

I love to vape and my wife though she likes the idea better than analogs she feels this is my crutch to quit all together. That was my intention when I started my journey 12 weeks ago. However now I don’t think I want to quit vapeing. I like it - no scratch that; I love it! I am astounded and utterly impressed by all the available e-juice, pv accessories and mods that are available on-line. I am hesitant to order any of it because it all comes by mail. I work 10 hour days so that means that my wife gets the mail. I could order stuff on-ine but then I risk getting the evil eye and the mental battering ram when I get home.

So for now this is what I have done. I did a search of the Houston area and found several sites that have E-Juice that I can drive to. I have visited a few only to leave being left vapor-less and dumbfounded. The prices were outrageous ($30.00 for 8ml! Really?!:confused::facepalm::evil:). Don’t get me started on the lack of selection. It was just plain stupid. I did however find one place that showed promise because of the number of positive reviews; Smoke Dreamz. I went and was so impressed that I bought my pv there, moreover I got 2 more of my analog using friends to go there too. If anyone is keeping score that’s 3 new members to the Vapeing Community. I was so impressed by the knowledge of the Smoke Dreamz staff that I felt they deserved mentioning on the ECF for others who may have a similar situation to mine. After this paragraph is the review I left on the City Search web site for Smoke Dreamz so if you are not interested I would suggest you stop reading here. However, this family run business really treats their customers right and if you live in the Houston area I suggest you read what I posted and by all means go and visit!

Peace, Love, and Vape
-Catfishy

“First off let me give props to the staff! Marteen (apologies if my spelling of your name is incorrect), Jason, and Jason’s Father! I went here because of all the great reviews on citysearch (Smoke Dreamz - Houston, TX - Citysearch). I am so glad I did! The entry of the store is not like your average smoke shop. The environment is clean and bright. It was a pleasant change from all the other smoke shops I have entered. Other shops are dark and reclusive as if they are trying to hide something.
My first visit was last Thursday to find accessories and e-Juice for my e-Cigarette. Marteen was the first to give me a hand and Jason was at the register. Both of these guys were on the ball with an answer to every question I had about e-Cigarettes and the various types on the market. I was quite impressed. I had bought a system at the mall (Fifty-One Duo in case you’re wondering) and wish I would have done my homework before hand. The system offered at the mall and “tobacco barn” type stores is designed for one thing and one thing only; to take advantage of nicotine addiction. Smoke Dreamz and eGo type products are there for the consumer and their enjoyment of vapeing. I have been on my e-Cigarette for about 2 months now and I have learned quite a bit more about them on my own since then. Smoke Dreamz offers one of the higher end 510 e-Cigarette systems on the market, eGo. I told them that I was going to wait until my mall system died and I would buy an eGo then.
As it set in my mind, the eGo and the service I received at Smoke Dreamz, I decided that I really did not want to wait until my mall system died. I wanted the best way to enjoy Vapeing now. So on Saturday I took a great friend who what curious of my new e-Cig as well as a heavy smoker and we both bought everything needed to start vapeing in an enjoyable setting. If you are considering an e-Cigarette try to go in and speak with Jason’s Father. Jason’s Father is also a user of the eGo system and has a wealth of knowledge that he is willing to share. I am glad I was able to meet him.
Thank you so much for keeping the customers satisfaction at the center of you business Smoke Dreamz!”​

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Even one brick and mortar shop is better than what many of us have - none unless prefilled cartos available at a truck stop count. Even with a shop near you, it may be much less expensive to order online. I do as I get 300 ml for 42.08 and it arrives 3-4 days after I order direct form China (since I like Dekang juice) I have yet to get an order stopped by customs (been at it a year). Still my vendor is banned here but i assume that is because people did not follow directions and use DHL rather than the postal service for orders containing juice. I have not had any problems with them.

There are also some very reasonable US based suppliers (around 10.00 for 30 ml)

CGlassford

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
??????? Really???? When I went there the young dude trying to help me with the e juice didn't know ANYTHING about vaping. Didn't know if they were PG or VG and the stock was so disorganized I would have had to settle for a much higher nic level in the flavor I wanted. Then the older woman at the counter with gobs of lipstick on her teeth treated me like a child when she saw that I had a VOLT. She took it for a Smoke Everywhere and could not understand the difference. I know many many many people think the Ego is the only pv for them, but this woman thought all others were garbage.

She didn't seem to know the difference between PG and VG either. She didn't know that cartomizers could be cleaned and re-used or the fact that you can use cartos on the same pv as you would an atty and cart. She also wouldn't let me finish a sentence to get my questions out of my mouth before she was assuming (wrongly) what I was trying to ask.

Knowlege? Great customer service? I would have to disagree based on my experience there. I was treated as if they could care less if I ever came back.

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk
When did you go? I think there is a bit of change in their attitude. As for the pv, I bought the eGo from them because it was way better than what the mall rats sold me. I am also under the impression that you are an experienced Vapor'ure. Any advice you can offer would be wonderful.

I see you are in The Woodlands. I work there.

Peace, Love, and Vape
-Catfishy

CGlassford

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Not really experienced vaper lol Only about 4 weeks in but I've been reading on here since the night before I started. Ya learn alot here :)

I went to Smoke Dreamz last weekend. I guess I could see how so much could change in the amount of time :?: I'm sure it was just different people on duty when I was there.

I have always hated malls (I lose all sense of direction when indoors) so thankfully I never fell into the mall rat trap. I found my cheapo pv at the gas station!! lol

I've upgraded to the Volt now but that cheap little thing will always hold a special place in my heart. It got me down from 1 1/2 PAD to one maybe two cigs a day.

Have you ever been to The Woodlands mall? I think there's a hippie type store in there. I wonder if they sell juice?

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
Old bump but I went into smoke dreamz a few weeks ago and lets just say their customer service is lacking.

We started with the younger knowledgeable Guy until a young hot women walked in and he left us standing there talking to ourselves.

Yes the prices were a little high but I was going to buy a new starter kit for my bro and some more liquid.

Now over walks the lipstick on the teeth lady. This lady should not be in customer service. Hikes. Especially anything to do with ecigs. I asked her while she was standing in front of the eliquid is she had any "unflavored ejuice" she said sure they did and proceeded to try and sell me smokeless tobacco. Wth

I will now use Houston Electronic Cigarettes-Alvin Ecigs.

He is cool in my books has good liquid,good prices and great customer service.

blacklung

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Houston
Houston's Largest Electronic Cigarette and e liquid Supplier

this isn't really a store, but, you can pick stuff up in person. (at least, I was able to)

there is a "smoke shop" in NW Houston, Jones and 1960 that sell e cigs,not sure if they sell juice or what their selection is like.... forgot the name.(I wouldn't recommend going there anyway) The e go was like $90, the same one that costs $40ish online.

Alien Visions E Juice is in Katy(I think), they don't offer will call, but they might accommodate you.

I'd recommend getting a PO box, if you don't want to deal with any negativity. I prefer(and recommend) buying from the more well known juice vendors online vs. the no names at brick and mortars. or learn to make your own.

Last edited:

Blackbetty

Sep 21, 2011
Tomball, TX
Hello, new vapor from Tomball here and also looking for local e-liquid suppliers. I called the people from Houston's Largest Electronic Cigarette and e liquid Supplier today and they told me that they open their home to the public from 5 to 8 pm seven days a week. They also told me that you can test their e-liquids before you buy. Also, I plan to stop by Smoke Dreamz soon (probably tomorrow). Will let you all know what I think.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello, new vapor from Tomball here and also looking for local e-liquid suppliers. I called the people from Houston's Largest Electronic Cigarette and e liquid Supplier today and they told me that they open their home to the public from 5 to 8 pm seven days a week. They also told me that you can test their e-liquids before you buy. Also, I plan to stop by Smoke Dreamz soon (probably tomorrow). Will let you all know what I think.
The place you are talking about is ElectronicCigarettesOfHouston.com in Katy. Never went there to pick up my juice but I ordered from them online. Even though the guy doesn't offer FirstClass shipping and forces you to buy Priority Mail, I love his service. Nice flavors, ordered on a Sunday night, I think, and it went out that same night..... What more can I ask for? Next time, I may just drive on over there and pick it up, even though it's about a 25 mile drive for me and the hours are not that great, considering we are talking about Houston RushHour traffic........ LOL! I also like their "Antifreeze" liquid. Very strong Menthol, meant to be mixed with other flavors, WAY too concentrated to vape straight and he states that on the website, too.

Only thing I don't like about his bottles, they are 20 ml but with the flavor and strenght written on it in permanent marker, which will wipe off after handling the bottle a few times. But easy fix, I just put a handwritten label on it to remind me what's inside. Prices are MUCH more reasonable than SmokeDreamz, those are crazy expensive at $18 for 20 ml, this other place charges $9.95.........

Also, you can get the same flavors and bottles at BCSmokes in Houston, I picked up one bottle there on Saturday ($15) and realized that they must be getting their juice from the same place, electroniccigarettesofhouston. Same bottles (Elixirliquid.com), same hand-writing on the labeling, but marked up considerably, so won't go there again, I rather drive out to Katy if I'm in a bind.... LOL!

I am 2 months analog-free now, vaping on my LavaTube at 4.5 volts and 18 mg, still spending too much money on trials of different juices and flavors, but I'm starting to figure out what tastes good and what doesn't (i'm a fruit-flavor fan...). Just got my LavaTube 2 wks ago, was using Greensmoke (what a mistake!)..... :)

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk
The place you are talking about is ElectronicCigarettesOfHouston.com in Katy. Never went there to pick up my juice but I ordered from them online. Even though the guy doesn't offer FirstClass shipping and forces you to buy Priority Mail, I love his service. Nice flavors, ordered on a Sunday night, I think, and it went out that same night..... What more can I ask for? Next time, I may just drive on over there and pick it up, even though it's about a 25 mile drive for me and the hours are not that great, considering we are talking about Houston RushHour traffic........ LOL! I also like their "Antifreeze" liquid. Very strong Menthol, meant to be mixed with other flavors, WAY too concentrated to vape straight and he states that on the website, too.

Good Morning Ratchet,
Ok so here is the deal with ElectronicCigarettesOfHouston.com in Katy. I have been to the house to purchase. They have a very nice set up and their service is wonderful. I bought some RY4 and their 1.21 Gigawatt (neat flavor but hardly any TH). I thought the flavor was wonderful and the price was good. However, I do have a problem with their juice. I have tried it in atty's (dripping), clearomizers, and cartos. Every device I use with their juice will kill any atty I use with in three days. Any other juice will let my atty last up to 5 to 7 days. ElectronicCigarettesOfHouston's recipe by my own use seems to gum up the works. I do not think they are supplying Smoke Dreamz. I do not buy from Smoke Dreamz all the time but I do occasionally. The next time I am in their I will ask. The stuff I buy at Smoke Dreamz has yet to gum up the atty. I think my next search will be Bamsbbq's alvinecigs.

This whole thing is worth looking into if you ask me.

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
Smoke Dreamz does indeed stock elixr, at least it did the last time I went in there to look at the overpriced stuff in there by rude people that worked there. Spend your money elsewhere.

Alvin ecigs carries high calibur, he is known for cheap shipping as well as local pickup in Alvin,TX

Gulf Coast Vapor has become my go to guy when I am in town and need something. Very good prices when you take into account he will deliver to Houston FREE of charge. He carries Chinese liquids as well as cheap DIY stuff. And Rob is a nice guy. Lol

Bams needs a BAM!!

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk
I will look into Avinecigs. I have never had a customer service issue with Smoke Dreamz. I am sorry you went through that. I do however agree their prices are out there. That being said that last few times I went there I was given a "discount" because I mentioned I could get stuff cheaper on line. I think that and the fact that I walk in with a ProVari may display that I know a little something about vapeing (LOL)! I will give Rob a try! Thank you Bams!

Smoke Dreamz does indeed stock elixr, at least it did the last time I went in there to look at the overpriced stuff in there by rude people that worked there. Spend your money elsewhere.

Alvin ecigs carries high calibur, he is known for cheap shipping as well as local pickup in Alvin,TX

Gulf Coast Vapor has become my go to guy when I am in town and need something. Very good prices when you take into account he will deliver to Houston FREE of charge. He carries Chinese liquids as well as cheap DIY stuff. And Rob is a nice guy. Lol

Bams needs a BAM!!

Mikey Likesit

Mar 18, 2012
Louisiana
Cool running across this post! I was just in Houston last weekend, (am there several times a year) and happened to see a billboard for smoke dreamz advertising ecigs. My first B&M, yeah! Prices were steep but gotta say, guy at the westheimer store(bigger guy, mid-late 20's) was super cool and friendly. Gave me a bit of a discount too. Can't wait to check out the other places you guys have mentioned next time I'm in town.

TxAnt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Houston, Texas
Also, you can get the same flavors and bottles at BCSmokes in Houston, I picked up one bottle there on Saturday ($15) and realized that they must be getting their juice from the same place, electroniccigarettesofhouston. Same bottles (Elixirliquid.com), same hand-writing on the labeling, but marked up considerably, so won't go there again, I rather drive out to Katy if I'm in a bind.... LOL!

The only local place I've tried so far is BC and I had the same. Elixir with hand written label and pricey.
Since then I have ordered online as I'm waiting for a good local consensus of a shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread