Noob wanting to know "Where do I start?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleighc

Apr 18, 2012
Baytown
I know its probably been asked a million times. But honestly I am just so over welmed so I figure the best bet is to ask anyway.

I'll start by saying I am new to vaping and want to get away from some of the negitives that my smoking causes to others (second hand smoke, the smell, etc.) I have only tried njoy brand and know from what I've heard and read that I want to move up to something better so, I'm gonna let the questions roll - (hope you guys can help me out and forgive me asking at the same time :)

Okay, so what I am looking for: (and layman's terms for this unknowledgable gal would be great)

Good quality - I don't need it to look like a regular cig (analog?)
As healthly a product as vaping can be. I am thinking of going with VG even if I am sacrifising some flavor
Good taste - extra flavoring sounds fun
Decent start up cost - like to keep around $100.00
Easy to learn and use. I don't think I want to get into "dripping or dipping?"
Possibly a starter kit or a list of what I should get.
Currently smoke Doral ultra light 100's. Don't want to go stronger.

I won't lie I am seriously hoping you guys can make this easy for me. I have been researching and pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to start with. Thank you ahead of time to everyone.

Last edited:

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Welcome to the ECF! Well you could take a look at the Kgo 510 or the E-Power. They are both good start ups both running 3.7v which will give you a nice vapor and some warmth. Not to shabby as far as the costs for a starter kit. As far as liquids go, there are many vendors around and they all have a lot to offer. You might try a few here and there to see what you like. If you don't mind DIY there are threads in the Tips and Tricks area full of information such as recipes and a how-to-guide. Once you get your posts up a bit you will even be able to post there and ask questions if you wish. Good luck and way to go for making the first step away from the analogs!

Worutaa

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
These are always fun threads. You'll be getting a lot of responses (probably a few before I finish posting... who knows)

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-ego-spt.htm

Is the kit I recommend, you may be able to find it cheaper. You're going to hear KGO and EGO.

mtbakervapor is fast shipping and 2/3 flavors I've tried from them I really like
johnsoncreek is what I normally go through but they're more expensive... I just love their tennessee cured

look around for samplers of juice, they can be fairly cheap

If you're thinking about getting a PV that looks like a cigarette, I recommend you don't. They have short battery life and switching batteries is a PITA.

Some people react to PG; For instance, it makes my teeth feel sensitive.. however, the flavor is better for people that can tolerate it well.

VG produces plumes of vapor with fewer reports of negative side effects, but you sacrifice some of the flavor.

Nicotine content causes more throat hit... I smoked 1 1/2 PAD marb reds. I vape 24-28mg/ml nic juice

You can easily get by by spending less than 80 dollars total for a decent startup.

If you're loaded, however. Skip the BS and go get a Lavatube, if you're more loaded, get a Provari - These allow you to change the voltage to your liking (higher voltage gives you more vapor, at the cost of some flavor)...

You can use atomizers with cartridges (but those typically suck... sorry), you can use cartomizers (but that dulls the flavor in my opinion, others swear by them), you can drip directly on the atomizer (my preferred method, it gives you all of the flavor), you can use tanks (haven't used them).. also there are clearomizers (stardusts are the best reviewed that I can tell)

any questions will be answered so feel free to ask if you're confused about anything

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
If you are able to I would spend a little more and get the E power. A little bit more up front but the replacement of batteries is WAAAAY cheaper in the long run so it will end up being cheaper. I think you can also replace the switch if it goes bad. Try to get one that takes the 18650 battery. I am a chain vapor and it lasts me 24 hours +. I don't run it till the battery dies so who knows how long it could last. I change it once a day even tho it is still performing as well as the 1st puff. Good luck:)

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Worutaa:5844722 said:
Andy, point me to a place I can get 2 good batteries and more than one atomizer (that aren't used)with enough juice to last me one week for under 40 dollars (including shipping) and I'll have found a place to buy kits for people I want to convert lol

Was looking at the Empire Mods site before I read this post and have a better idea.

900mAh Pass through
LR Atty
Drip shield and tip
USB cable
$29.99

Or

$34 for 2 510's and cartos from Alien Visions.

Pop over to ECB or Blue Mist and pick up some mixers or stay on the site and stretch the budget a little with some Bobas Bounty or Gorilla Juice.

Stretching it a bit though lol

Maile

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2012
Oregon
Been vaping 4 weeks and as a fellow newbie take my advice and start with the KGO or e-power... I have both and don't even use my cig size 510 anymore... Also boge 2 ohm cartomizers are good but the smok tech dctv2 cartomizer rocks!!!! Tropical vapors has a good deal on e-powers... About $46 for the 18650... (Click on new style add two batts and charger and the total is 46) Also good KGO starter kit at elite vaporworks for about $45 and it come with boge cartomizers :) good luck and happy vaping!

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Fair play to my brother he bought a Bolt, carts, couple of tanks and attys as his first purchase. This is really without any suggestion from me as he lives back in the UK. He saved himself so much by getting that. I just got a call saying OK I have this now what do I do!

Just glad I am over that initial errr what do I buy and then what do I do with this but will be forever thankful for the hold on.....this works part!

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I kicked a 25+ yr PAD cig habit after I started using a "Mega" ego-W kit. I wasn't interested in a cigarette-sized PV, because I wanted to get away from "cigarettes" completely. I also didn't want any tobacco flavors, again wanting to stay away from cig-like attributes.

I ordered my kit in stainless steel, because I call it my "inhaler" (sounds so medical, eh?) since I work in an elementary school & smoking just isn't permitted on-site. No funny looks or questions, because everyone knows what an inhaler is. :laugh: It really helped me break my brain/addiction/reflexes from the smoking routine. I haven't had, or craved, a smoke in over 3 months. (Make sure you get a high enough nic level to help with this).

I ordered my kit from HERE. It cost me ~$65 bucks (including shipping) from China to my door in 5 days.

I know that there are a few cheaper places, but w/ slightly smaller batteries (900mAh vs 1100mAh). HERE $49.99 (+ shipping) - but only available in black or red; and HERE $54.99 (+ shipping) - in stainless.

The battery is a standard ego-type clone 3.7v & provide about 2 full days of power at my vaping rate. I really prefer the clearomizer to the cartomizers (no polyfil to burn). I like the cap w/ the pen clip. I can clip it to my shirt pocket, stick it in my pants pocket, put it in my book bag, or hang it from my lanyard and not worry about it getting dirty/funky.

I've never had a leak from this F-1 clearo, unlike many of the others I've tried. I'm still using the same F-1s that came with my kit. Minimal cleaning & they still vape like new. Now, I DO like the Vision eGo Clearomizer (aka 'Stardust') on my batts, but there's no clip/cap provision with these. (Be aware there is a cracking issue with the tubes and some juices.)

You'll get many cartomizer (and/or tank) recommendations than you will about the -W, but I think they're vastly UNDER-RATED.

If you choose try one of these, order 5 or 6 spare clearos so you can have multiple juice flavors ready to go.

How this helps!

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I know its probably been asked a million times. But honestly I am just so over welmed so I figure the best bet is to ask anyway.

I'll start by saying I am new to vaping and want to get away from some of the negitives that my smoking causes to others (second hand smoke, the smell, etc.) I have only tried Njoy brand and know from what I've heard and read that I want to move up to something better so, I'm gonna let the questions roll - (hope you guys can help me out and forgive me asking at the same time :)

Okay, so what I am looking for: (and layman's terms for this unknowledgable gal would be great)

Good quality - I don't need it to look like a regular cig (analog?)
As healthly a product as vaping can be. I am thinking of going with VG even if I am sacrifising some flavor
Good taste - extra flavoring sounds fun
Decent start up cost - like to keep around $100.00
Easy to learn and use. I don't think I want to get into "dripping or dipping?"
Possibly a starter kit or a list of what I should get.
Currently smoke Doral ultra light 100's. Don't want to go stronger.

I won't lie I am seriously hoping you guys can make this easy for me. I have been researching and pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to start with. Thank you ahead of time to everyone.
eleighc: Before starting the e-cig fanboi stuff, how much do you smoke per day, how long have you smoked, or are you a newbie just looking for a socially acceptable nicotine thrill. No insult intended, just an honest question that should be asked at the beginning of any newbie thread.

eleighc

Apr 18, 2012
Baytown
eleighc: Before starting the e-cig fanboi stuff, how much do you smoke per day, how long have you smoked, or are you a newbie just looking for a socially acceptable nicotine thrill. No insult intended, just an honest question that should be asked at the beginning of any newbie thread.

Yzer, good questions - I smoke approx. 1 pack a day. On really bad occasions up to 2 packs a day. I have been smoking for 13 years. Thanks for asking.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
Dark Vapors $43.99

Our KGO starter by SLB comes with 2 complete E-Cigarette and includes:
2x 1100mAh Batteries - Choose Color
5x Empty Cartomizers...Also have options to add other cartomizers at reduced price !
2x Matching Cones
1x USB Charger
1X Drip Tip
1x USB Wall Adapter
(no juice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread