• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

OMGZ my VV of many names (knight rider) is broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vingod

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
So after 2 faithful months my VV mod has gone ca-puts, unless this problem has happened with any one else. Please help.

No matter what carto, clearomizer, adaptor I use, and any combination of voltage I get the same results. When I go to fire up the mod I don't get a "sizzling" noise from the carto. I have to shake it or tilt it to get it to work, and when it does work it's only for a sec. I'm thinking there is a problem with contact points, I usually clean it often so I don't think that could be the problem.

I tried all my cartos in circulation on my ego battery and it fires every time. So I guess 3 ish questions.

Has this happened to any one? and can it be fixed?

Are there other price friendly vv mods with long battery life out there? if so a pm with mod and vendor would be greatly appreciated.

Should I buy a new one? or go with a Provari from vaporsolutions?

Thanks for your time guys.

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
check your bottom for oxidization. Look at the spring it could have corrosion on the top and the bottom.
The spring is steel and the bottom cap is aluminum perfect corrosion partners.
take out the spring and clean the spring with steel wool, than clean the inside of the bottom cap where the spring sits in and the rest of the aluminum cap till it is all shiny again.

If you have some nolax? use it otherwise some light grease will help with limiting future corrosion.

Happened to one of my LT's fixed as I described.

Let us know if that was it..

Vingod

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Try to GENTLY pull up the post in the 510 connection....I used a little tiny flat head screwdriver to just pull it up a tiny bit. It may have been squished down a bit by something being screwed on too tight or an adaptor.

So just as Therealmac said, I pulled the 510 post just a tad. It fires every time.
I'm going to start saving for a new VV mod. What other solid VV mod option do I have besides a Provari and a LT.

Thanks a bunch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread