VV mods and atty's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opi21

Apr 15, 2012
USA
OK so as some of you know I am getting a provari, my first VV-mod. I've been searching the net and have come accross contradicting information. You cannot use LR on the provari, correct? I was planning on getting the cisco HH .357 510 atty. That is a LR atty? Or do I need to get it at a higher ohms (3.0-3.5) to be able to use it with the provari. Or does the provari only use regular atty's?

vinnyvango

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
Clinton, MS
Opi:
The provari operates as low as 3V I believe. That doesn't really matter. The point is to match the resistance of the atomizer/cart/whatever to the voltage range of the provari. Most juices will start to get burny at 5.0V on a 1.5 ohm.

Now, the HH .357 is available in a number of ohms (1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0). The mid values would be more suited to the voltage range of a Provari. YMMV.

Best of Luck. You're going straight for the good stuff and that's pretty smart.

DCB305

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Florida
It's not that you can't use them on the provari. It's that you won't be able to take it much higher than 5 volts at 1.5 ohm. I have used some of my left over 1.5 dc cartos without any issues, granted I only use them at around 4.4 volts as that's my sweet spot for my use of them. They have 3.5 amp limit so the 1.5 ohm atties/cartos wil be somewhat limited is all.

OK so as some of you know I am getting a provari, my first VV-mod. I've been searching the net and have come accross contradicting information. You cannot use LR on the provari, correct? I was planning on getting the cisco HH .357 510 atty. That is a LR atty? Or do I need to get it at a higher ohms (3.0-3.5) to be able to use it with the provari. Or does the provari only use regular atty's?

The provari wont let you burn it. Using a 1.5 ohm cart my provari errors if I try to take it over 4.7 volts

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Opi21

Apr 15, 2012
USA
Ok thanks guys, it gets pretty confusing to a new user to VV vaping. So 2-3 ohms would be better for the provari then. And yea after 1+ years of buying cheap ego's and 510's im gonna finally bite the bullet and buy top shelf products. I'm usually an enthusiast when it comes to stuff like this, I just spent 2500 on a new PC a couple of months ago but I couldn't bring myself to spend more than 20 bucks on a pv. Man I could of had 2-3 provari's if I started buying them since the beginning lol.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    If you are getting a V2 Provari you can take the 1.5ohm atty far hotter than you would want to use it (3.5a limit instead of 2.5a limit) The real question is why would you want to use a LR atty? LR atties and cartos are designed for those that don't have the power to run SR. You will get far better performance using atties and cartos in the 2.5-3.0ohm range with your Provari.

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    3 ohm is actually about perfect for most people, in that at 6 volts and 3 ohm you are maxing out the PV at 12 watts, which is the limit past which most people find things too burnt tasting to use. So with a 3 ohm, you'll get a really nice "sweet" range, starting from 4.9 volts at 8 watts, all the way up to the 12 watts at 6. Some people like it a little hotter than 12 watts, so you might want to try one of the 2.5 ohm ones as well, as they can be pushed up to 14.4 watts.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 24, 2012
    Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
    as an FYi, the Provari V2 has a 3.5amp switch and runs between 2.9v-6.0v. heat wise you can get the same "power" (heat or wattage) using 1.5ohm@ 3.7v as you can with 3.0ohm@5.2v (~9.1watts = power = heat). Big difference is that with the 3.0ohm device every 0.1v change = ~0.2watts difference in power where as the 1.5 ohm device 0.1v change = ~0.43watts difference in power. Most folks like the higher resistance because you have a much finer ability to tune in to your vaping preference.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 24, 2012
    I'm still using up LR stuff from my 3.7v fat batt days and they work great on the Provari. I only buy 3.0 ohm now, but I guess I'll need to get a Provari mini now as a back-up :). I'm going to get a couple H.357's when my 1.8 Cisco 306's die (the damn things won't quit, been using them for months...). Even in my DCT tanks I'm running self-punched Boge 3.0 std length with a long barrel drip tip @5.5v (kits like a mule). Next cool gadget has got to be a surge tank

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 24, 2012
    I'm going with the 3.0's on everything now. At 2.5ohm the wattage change (per 0.1v increment) = ~0.3watts (power). At 3.0ohm, the power change is ~0.2watts. I have really become used to the finer control and like being able to tune it in exactly to where it's best for me. The Provari goes up to 6.0v, 3.0ohm@6.0v=12watts which for me is a bit above my "sweet spot" of 8-10 watts so I have plenty of swing room for my tastes. At 2.5ohms you could get up to 14.4watts, but that's too warm for me.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 24, 2012
    I'm usually between 5.0v (8.33 watts@3.0ohm) and 5.5v (10.08 watts @ 3.0 ohm). Someone may be able to explain better, but I actually get about 1 full day at LR and 2 days at SR. I'm using Panny 2250 High Drains. I think it is because at 3.0ohm/5.0v-5.5v I'm drawing 1.7mA to 1.8mA where as at 2.5ohm the same power range would pull 1.8mA to 2.0mA current.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 24, 2012
    I think I found the answer (What is difference between current and voltage? - Yahoo! Answers)

What is difference between current and voltage?
    Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

They are exactly analogous to water pressure and water flow through a hose. That's why flowing electrons is called a current, just like a water current.

Voltage is the electromotive force (the force to move electricity) that wants to push electrons through a wire the way that water pressure (which we could call the hydromotive force by analogy) is the force that wants to push water molecules through a hose.

The wire and the hose each offer resistance to the force. Less resistance or more pressure (force) means more flow, whether that be gallons/minute of water or amperes of current.

Should've probably included that I'm a 3ml-4ml a day vaper. Usually go through a 3.5ml tank and a drip session in the evening.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread