What type of DCT do you use with your LT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2009
Hamlin, New York, USA
And where did you get it from?

I purchsed a couple of 2.5ohm clear DCT's from Nhaler to use on my LT and Im not happy with them. Vapor is poor at any Voltage, throat hit is there, but not great either.

I have used a 2.5 Mega XXL DCT from TastyVapor with it and that does the job a little better at anything over 5V.

I tried a Litecig 1.5Ohm XL DCT and I wasnt pleased with the vapor or throat hit at any voltage either.

I like the DCT's but I'm trying to find my sweet spot as far as Voltage goes.
I dont necessarily HAVE to vape at 5.0-6.0Volts...Im just looking for what works and 3.7 just doesnt seem to be cutting it for me anymore.

oh - attys work fine on my LT.. High voltage is great with an atty but Im getting sick of dripping and with High Voltage the risk of burning up the atty with dripping is very high.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
personally I started with DCTs and didnt like them too much, Single Coil was highly highly recommended, so i got Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL and put them in this tank SmokTank XL - Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank - New tank design for 510 PV's! 6ml 1.5ohm, removing the 1.5ohm cartomizer and putting the 3.0 SC one in, and im happily vaping away at 4.3v
CIMG0862.jpg

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
And where did you get it from?

I purchsed a couple of 2.5ohm clear DCT's from Nhaler to use on my LT and Im not happy with them. Vapor is poor at any Voltage, throat hit is there, but not great either.

I have used a 2.5 Mega XXL DCT from TastyVapor with it and that does the job a little better at anything over 5V.

I tried a Litecig 1.5Ohm XL DCT and I wasnt pleased with the vapor or throat hit at any voltage either.

I like the DCT's but I'm trying to find my sweet spot as far as Voltage goes.
I dont necessarily HAVE to vape at 5.0-6.0Volts...Im just looking for what works and 3.7 just doesnt seem to be cutting it for me anymore.

oh - attys work fine on my LT.. High voltage is great with an atty but Im getting sick of dripping and with High Voltage the risk of burning up the atty with dripping is very high.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Rag, your running into the limitation of the lavatube and dual coil's. there are dozens of threads and videos out there about it if you look. But the short of it is the lavatube's lower amp limit and protection circuit dont like dual coils and dial the voltage way way down which is why your getting anemic hits from it on a dual coil but the atty's are working fine. Madvapes sells single coil replacment tank cartos, at 2.0 and 3.0 ohms, with the flange or you can use the xl sized single coil cartos at 1.7ohm and 2.5ohm if you want to punch them yourselves.

I tested a few different single coils with my lavatube using the stock batteries and panasonic. Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ed-volt-watt-1-7-2-0-2-5-3-0-cartomizers.html

Based on my results, id recomend the 2.0 ohm or 2.5 ohm to get the maximum wattage or heat. I'm not saying you have to run that much heat, but if you want the biggest possible range of wattage output those 2 resistances work best.

Cheers

nuggetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Chicago
I don't have anymore Smoketech cartos with the flange but the old one I had would not fire on my Lavatube. Anyone know why? Is it bad? I thought that maybe the metal making contact in some weird way. Don't want to pick up anymore of these if they don't work. Thought I read something about lavtubes not working with the dual coil cartos.

This message was composed on a smart phone. Text prediction may have mangled one or more wirds.

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
nuggetz, you need a shorty 510 extension or you can try to pull your center post. This problem isnt just for lavatubes, a lot of mods when you screw in the carto the center pin will get pushed up and then wont make contact with the post on the mod. Some carto's right out of the box will have a slightly recessed center post.

Option 1 - use these on the carto's that dont make contact

V2 510 Shorty Extension

Option 2 - pull your post, here is a short video from phil describing the process

A PBusardo Tutorial - How to Pull Your Post ;-) - YouTube

That being said, the lava does not work well with dual coils because of its lower amp switch and the protection circuit. Extermely low ohm carto's get the voltage clamped way down out of the lavatube. They work but just wont push the voltage necessary to push the coils up to where they need to be to give the equivalent performance of a single coil carto. The best ohm's for the 'tube is 2.0 - 2.5 ohms

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
I'm not sure what you mean by "don't work". Mine work just fine, even the 1.4's. Dual 2.5's are a daily use item for me on my LT. Maybe this is more prevalent with the smaller batt in the Mini...I will know soon enough. 2.0-2.8 seems to be best for battery life and output on my tube.
Yeah, they fire. But Lavatubes and Dual Coil don't work, so you need to cut the coil so it's single.

nuggetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Chicago
To be honest I have a dual coil carto without the flange at it fires fine. Doesn't seem to be that limited as I can push it to the point of tasting burnt and the magnitude of the sizzle sound increases with each bump in volts so I know it's not throttling back. Haven't measured the ohms but it has to be 1.7 I believe.

This message was composed on a smart phone. Text prediction may have mangled one or more wirds.

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
it doesnt NEED it, Hot Sauce. It just keeps you from pushing the tank to far down. Doesnt stop you from pushing it to far up though. The smoketek tanks with plastic end caps have a groove cut into the bottom that the flange locks into and makes it so you can screw them on and off easy. The stainless/aluminium ones have the groove but it goes all the way around the bottom, so the flange goes in there but it can still free spin around the bottom making them sometimes difficult to screw off the mod.

Be gentle on moving your tank on and off the carto, it'll stick like mad then all of a sudden be off and you'll have a lap full of juice. After you've done it a few times you'll get used to the level of force required to move the tank.

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Be gentle on moving your tank on and off the carto, it'll stick like mad then all of a sudden be off and you'll have a lap full of juice. After you've done it a few times you'll get used to the level of force required to move the tank.

i too have had a lap full of juice a time or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread