How long do you vape or how much do you vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
So lets say the average analog cigarette lasts for 6-7 minutes and you take say, 12-15 drags... When you vape do you treat it as though it were an analog cigarette? Do you finish vaping and then vape again in a half hour? Or do you just vape whenever and however long the hell you feel like it? I need to know these things..:banana:

badmotivator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Eugene, OR
One or two weeks in to it, I'm finding I prefer to use a lower nicotine juice and vape more often than I smoked. Some sit-down "sessions" like when I smoked a cig, lots of random puffs.

I even found that at with high nicotine juices (18mg was high for me with my high wattage rig) I wanted to vape more even after I had plenty of nicotine in me, and that was a usage problem I had to sort out. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'll go through a 16ml bottle of juice in 5 to 7 days with an occasional few drops from another bottle mixed into a carto. I'd say 3ml to 4ml a day. Vaping isn't quite like smoking. You get less nic per hit than you do with a cigarette. The ash particles in the smoke enter the alveoli in the lungs and deliver more nic than vaping. From the studies I've read, ecig vapor is composed of droplets that are generally too large to enter the air sacs in the lungs, so most of the nic you absorb is through mucous membranes in the throat and mouth.

I'm at 24mg/ml strength and most of the articles I've read say that the average absorption from a typical cigarette is about 1mg of nic. So, a pack a day of average cigarettes would give you 20mg absorbed nic. Given that and the lower rate of absorption, I'd have to vape much harder to absorb that much from vaping. 3ml a day would give me 72mg in the juice, but the absorption rate is much, much lower.

Here's a link to an ECF article that talks about absorption from ecigs in detail.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-nicotine-absorption-addictiveness-maois.html

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
For me, my only answer is "it varies". When I smoked, sometimes I only wanted (or had time for) 3 or 4 drags. Because cigs are so expensive, I usually felt obligated to smoke the whole thing. With vaping, I often just take 3 or 4 puffs, or sometimes I vape for 10 minutes straight. I don't try to compare it to cigarettes any more. I am fortunate that I can vape at my workplace, but I still go to "the smoke spot" occasionally because I have friends that I only will see there.

I use a variable/regulated device (Darwin) and I find it great to be able to crank it up for more nic in the mornings (or stressed) and turn it down in the evenings. With a fixed-voltage device I just vaped for longer if I felt I wanted more nic. On fixed-voltage you can change atty/cartos for more or less vape and nic as well.

There is still something to be said for taking a break from whatever your work is, and getting away from it for a few minutes. Whether you are vaping, smoking, talking with friends, or daydreaming, your work goes better with breaks.

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
I'll go through a 16ml bottle of juice in 5 to 7 days with an occasional few drops from another bottle mixed into a carto. I'd say 3ml to 4ml a day. Vaping isn't quite like smoking. You get less nic per hit than you do with a cigarette. The ash particles in the smoke enter the alveoli in the lungs and deliver more nic than vaping. From the studies I've read, ecig vapor is composed of droplets that are generally too large to enter the air sacs in the lungs, so most of the nic you absorb is through mucous membranes in the throat and mouth.

I'm at 24mg/ml strength and most of the articles I've read say that the average absorption from a typical cigarette is about 1mg of nic. So, a pack a day of average cigarettes would give you 20mg absorbed nic. Given that and the lower rate of absorption, I'd have to vape much harder to absorb that much from vaping. 3ml a day would give me 72mg in the juice, but the absorption rate is much, much lower.

Here's a link to an ECF article that talks about absorption from ecigs in detail.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-nicotine-absorption-addictiveness-maois.html

Thanks for posting the link. I find myself easily distracted from my work since I have discovered this forum.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
When I first started vaping I was doing it non stop! LOL Now I vape for about 15 min, go do things for an hr or 2, then vape for 15 min, go do things, etc. I think with time you even out more, but in the beginning the PV is velcroed to your lips :) ha ha If you vape non stop use a lower nic level so you do not od on nic. bnrk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread