Whats the deal with the GOGO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acv987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Cleveland, ohio
I am in no way saying it sucks, just an honest question. Why would anyone use this device, when it has proprietary threads? Doesn't this severely limit the choices in cartos, attys and tanks? What makes this device worthwhile?
I am a long time vaper, and have always used 510 thread ego/riva products. To me this gogo just seems like an ego battery with PITA threads. Someone correct me!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I can only speak for myself but it's the one I would choose to keep if forced to choose only one. I love the 3ml carts that seem to last forever (an overstatement, of course - but they really do take a LOT of fills before the taste starts to diminish), and like the 1300mah batteries. For me, the only downside is they don't have a shut-off for the battery. Fortunately, DV sells an eight-nine-cent button protector that resolves the issue.

My basic design/usage-plan is:

a) Big, giant & humongous LRider VV with 6ML ePower carts while at home, and
b) Go-Go when out & about.

Truth be told though, I pick up that Go-Go often even when home. The combination of portability and performance are unparalleled for me. After using the Go-Go for two weeks, I sold ALL of my KR808 stuff, excluding the Elite 808's that my wife prefers. There was simply no comparison between the two. On top of which, the Go-Go Dual Coils that DV sells will knock anyone's socks off. Literally - you'll break out in a sweat if you hit it too often. I'm speaking from experience there :evil:

Steeljan once mentioned (in one of her videos, prior to her departure) that the proprietary threads might actually be advantageous by providing different, and possibly better, overall performance. I tend to agree.

I hope this helps.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
For one the Go-Go has a 1300 mah battery and a very good 3ml carto so there isn't really a need to experiment with alot of different cartos with it. They do have adapters if you wish to use a different carto. I've found that the carto is matched very good with the battery and it makes a great no muss no fuss setup.
I personaly like to experiment and try all the new cartos that come out and I have a 510 device for that. I've tried almost every PV that has come out and the Go-go is the best manual setup I've found. They are also very inexpensive!:2cool::vapor:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
+1 to all they said! Eric has great prices on these and the adapters too! The performance beats out any eGo or any other PV I've tried! At 1300 mah, they just last longer, and hold the 3.5-3.7v power much better than anything else IMHO.

The cartos are amazing, but now I use the Vision eGo Clearos on an adapter, just for the ease of filling (I can see the liquid, and no filler) and awesome performance.

Those plus my mini LT from Eric & Bolt, and I'm happy and set! :)

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I've been using these that I have now for about six months +/- , so pretty good I think. I have had two die on me from another vendor that are from my first kit eight months ago that I understand now to be an older version. These are awesome, and hold up just as well as when I first got them! I have four that I keep charged for different flavors. :)

PaulieD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Beach
I have had my used Go-Go batteries for 3 months now and they are still going strong.
As far as proprietary threading goes...once upon a time 510 was kind of new, there 901, 808, 306...
I have decided that it really doesn't matter what the thread are ...If I like the device and get the things I need for it.
With the Go-Go clearly that is possible.
To make it even easier there are Go-Go to 510 and Go-Go to 808 adapters available at Discount Vapers.
So you can use your tanks and cartos and other stuff too.....
Win goes to GOGO....yay!!!!

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... Why would anyone use this device, when it has proprietary threads? ...

To repeat what everybody else has said: The battery lasts forever as well as the cartos. Who cares if it's proprietary? It Works! I don't need to put anything else on the battery except the Go-Carts. I do have a Go-Go to KR808 adapter so I can vape The Elite cartos when I'm in an Elite mood.

The Boge Leo also has proprietary threads but that doesn't bother me either. The DC/LR Leo cartos are phenomenal.

Backwards compatibility is an interesting concept but sometimes isn't relevant. Everything doesn't have to work with everything else.

My sister held out on getting a Go-Go until she got the 808 adapter for all her 808 cartos. After a day of using the Go-Cart ... who wants/needs to go back?

CW1982

Jan 31, 2012
South Carolina
After about 2 months after getting the gogo, I gave my 808 batt's to my dad. He upgraded to his gogo about 2 weeks ago. Battery lasts about 2 days per charge. 3 months on mine and they're doing fine... I don't have much experience by any means but I can't really see why you wouldn't want a gogo. 12 bucks for a replacement battery, 9 dollars for 5 carto's. I use my carto for roughly 30mls of juice then either toss em or boil them depending on my mood.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
I use my carto for roughly 30mls of juice then either toss em or boil them depending on my mood.

You don't have to throw them away at all.Just carefully pull out the filler unroll it and wash it and the little piece of material,pat dry.Wash out the carto,dry then dry burn the coil.Insert the two fillers and wham its just like new.Someone can probably post the link for you on how to do it.I just can't seem to find it.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
After about 2 months after getting the gogo, I gave my 808 batt's to my dad. He upgraded to his gogo about 2 weeks ago. Battery lasts about 2 days per charge. 3 months on mine and they're doing fine... I don't have much experience by any means but I can't really see why you wouldn't want a gogo. 12 bucks for a replacement battery, 9 dollars for 5 carto's. I use my carto for roughly 30mls of juice then either toss em or boil them depending on my mood.

You don't have to throw them away at all.Just carefully pull out the filler unroll it and wash it and the little piece of material,pat dry.Wash out the carto,dry then dry burn the coil.Insert the two fillers and wham its just like new.Someone can probably post the link for you on how to do it.I just can't seem to find it.

I prefer the throw them away method. LOL (I'm sure Eric does too! :laugh: )

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
I prefer the throw them away method. LOL (I'm sure Eric does too! :laugh: )

Yeah if it was always that simple.Some may not always be able to keep on buying cartos just to toss.If I can recycle something instead of throwing away and save some money,well its a no brainer for me lol.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for all the info guys. Re-reading my original post, it sounded like I was dogging this device and I didnt mean to. I was just curious. I may check one out especially if I can use a 510 adapter so I can still use my favorite attys.

Not at all (other than the PITA reference). It sounded like a genuine appeal for information. And it looks like you got plenty of that. We hope it helped you get a better understanding of the attraction.

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/188388-how-clean-rebuild-gogo-cartomizer.html

This process works well with any horizontal coil cartos.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
Just got the Go-go to 510 adapter and 3 more Vision 510, 3 ohm- 3.5ml clearomizers from Eric. These things are working and working. I just know when I pick it up , with very little fuss, it's going to fog. These are not as sensitive to VG dominant juices as some others are. I am going to order an extra GO-go cone and grind the top off just far enough to fit over these. I decided to try this combo after using the Visions set at 3.7 on my LT. I didn't think a 3 ohm was supposed to work this good. 2-3 second draws on this thing is enough, draw pressure, perfect with the adapter. For the money, this is the best all around utility setup I currently have. I keep waiting for these Visions to get stiff or tire out and they just won't. The Go-go is the perfect voltage to keep from getting a burnt taste. No need for chain vaping this setup. I really don't see me getting tired of this combo anytime soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread