PG/VG Sensitivity/Allergies

Do you have issues with E-Liquids??

• PG (Due to several issues with Using VG)

• VG (Due to several issues with Using PG)

• PG/VG (I don’t have any issues that I noticed with either)

• PG/VG (I wanted to become a Vapor, but neither agree with my body =()

• Other (Not sure what this would be, but if you choose this please be specific)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief-A-Lot

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Spring, TX
www.springvapor.com
Hey Guys! I started this poll because of reading and posting in several threads about the "Why is this happening to me" when I first started vaping. Some people don't start having certain reactions for several weeks after they start vaping, while others have reactions within the first few minutes to a few hours. Let’s hear your take on what liquids you prefer (PG/VG) and why?

For me, PG has become a no and I use only VG after I noticed feeling not so comfortable several weeks into vaping. I know that there are many variables involved when you stop smoking cigarettes, but I switched to VG for over a month and was good to go, then switched back to PG for a couple days and noticed the same type of discomfort by mid-afternoon on the second day. I switched back to VG that evening and everything returned back to normal and has remained that way since...

Thanks!
Chief

Denise

Sep 20, 2009
Chicago, IL
I was concerned that PG wasn't good for me due to itching, hives and a breakout of bumps on my face - not acne, just strange... 3 weeks into vaping without a single analog. Now, it seems I have no allergies to either PG or VG.

Needed to drink more water than usual, less Captain Morgan with Coke or Dr. Pepper! Caffeine, plus nicotine and PG/VG will dehydrate more than one would think.

Strange, lucid dreams are fine - and, about all I had initially from probably too much nicotine. A friend was who mentioned that minor side effect.

What made you decide that PG isn't good for you Chief?

Chief-A-Lot

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Spring, TX
www.springvapor.com
I was concerned that PG wasn't good for me due to itching, hives and a breakout of bumps on my face - not acne, just strange... 3 weeks into vaping without a single analog. Now, it seems I have no allergies to either PG or VG.

Needed to drink more water than usual, less Captain Morgan with Coke or Dr. Pepper! Caffeine, plus nicotine and PG/VG will dehydrate more than one would think.

Strange, lucid dreams are fine - and, about all I had initially from probably too much nicotine. A friend was who mentioned that minor side effect.

What made you decide that PG isn't good for you Chief?

I think I stated it in my OP, but I was very achey and was having anxiety attacks like every other day (wich I have only had a few in my whole life, and it seems those were linked to smoking certian things... and eatting certian things like maybe chinese food with msg). Also, I was feeling very floaty headed sorta disconnected feeling that was hard to shake... tightness... might have actually been raising my BP... Not exactly sure what it was doing, but after my tests on myself switching over to VG for a month striaght and then giving PG another go, I found that VG does none of the things to me that I mentioned with PG...

unknwn

Jul 7, 2009
PG sensitivity for me.
My Very first experience yielded a monster headache that lasted for MANY hours. Any subsequent exposure to predominantly PG based fluids leaves me with ulcers inside my lip area.
When I reduce exposure to PG, all symptoms (the previously mentioned (2) were not the only ones either) stop within a day or so.
I have had reoccurrence each time that I mess with pre-filled carts.
I have opted for JC low-PG juices from the beginning of my vaping history and have been relatively comfortable with this decision.
One other problem that I have with juices, is a definate reaction to recipes that are rife with vanillan flavoring.
I wish this was not the case since I enjoyed the taste of Tennessee Cured, but I have learned through repeated attempts that this is problematic for me.

Denise

Sep 20, 2009
Chicago, IL
OK, Great. Good to know. Never really thought I was allergic to much, except Wool. Too many energy drinks in one day will also cause one of my eyelids to twitch! lol

I may prefer VG anyway since trying ECOpure and others. Less chemicals, harmful or not, makes sense.

New here as far as posting (see now that you can read a history of member posts). Nice of you to take a poll for any who are concerned about possible side effects.

Everyone is different, and I would hate too many negative or paranoid people adding to worries that the FDA has already caused.

span

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2009
Kansas City, Ks, USA
I haven't had much in the ways of problems using pg, although I've been sneezing quite a bit... but once I cut the liquid with a little vg that symptom went down to almost nothing. Think the pg dried out my mucus membranes a little too much, resulting in the sneezing. At first, vaping made me really gassy, but that went away after a week or so. And I was getting headaches from using too much nicotine, but cutting down my 24mg to 12 fixed that right away too.
I'm interested in using both types of juice though.. I've heard good things about ecopure. Chief- what's your fav vg-based juice? All I've done with vg so far is a little at home mixing...

Jasmine

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Colorado
I chose other. I started with pg and due to Fibromyalsia, had really bad muscle cramps which I was somewhat expecting after reading the forums and others responses because they used to be so bad they broke the blood vessels in the back of my calves years ago when I was first diagnosed with Fibro, so switched to vg. Was fine on that for about a month and then started having ear problems, severe headaches, ........ and then vomitting but wanted it to work so badly, I kept vaping to try and get through it. After a few days, I had to give up on that. Went back to analogs for a few days while I researched more. Then I started taking malic acid/magnesium for the muscle cramps and started back on the pg. So far so good and smoke free for 10 days. Tried going back to the vg a couple days ago and the ear problems and headache started within 2 hours; back to pg.

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
so I guess I must be really slooooowww

Your title - 'Do you have issues with E-liquids'
then you ask us to check one...

PG (due to issues with VG)
VG (due to issues with PG)

I have issues with VG - but if I check the VG box it claims I have issues with PG
If I check the box PG(have issues with VG)
then I've answered the initial/title of the poll 'wrong'

(it does not say what do you vape.... and then go on to offer choices -
so please help a silly girl out here..... I don'ts knows hows to answers the question)

BTW - This vaper is not VG friendly...

Thank You

Hmmmmmm

Chief-A-Lot

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Spring, TX
www.springvapor.com
so I guess I must be really slooooowww

Your title - 'Do you have issues with E-liquids'
then you ask us to check one...

PG (due to issues with VG)
VG (due to issues with PG)

I have issues with VG - but if I check the VG box it claims I have issues with PG
If I check the box PG(have issues with VG)
then I've answered the initial/title of the poll 'wrong'

(it does not say what do you vape.... and then go on to offer choices -
so please help a silly girl out here..... I don'ts knows hows to answers the question)

BTW - This vaper is not VG friendly...

Thank You

Hmmmmmm

LOL! I know, but after I made the poll I had no idea how to change it... You didnt have to call me out like that :p! JK... I was hoping nobody noticed.

Yeah, kinda hard to decide there! I use mostly VG because of fibromyalgia.

@Jasmine - malic acid/magnesium is a must for fibro peeps. Add 10mg manganese too, that's my 'fibro cocktail.' I use the Slow Mag magnesium because of better bioavailability. PG does make my legs cramp too, the switch to VG surely helped me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread