Best e-cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strungmind

Sep 5, 2008
Welcome couponfork to the forums!

Their are much more experienced members than me to answer your questions, but I thought I would jump start the answers.

First off, how much do you smoke a day?

E-cigarettes have been known to die out after a short time, and the most members on the forum including me tend to go through much more catridges than any of the manufactors claim to, but their definately are ways to get around this, just poke around the forums a little bit and you'll find some more answers.

I am also curious as to what city/state you live in where there is a mall that carrys E-cigs. Another member reporting seeing a kiosk, and I'm wondering if we are going to be seeing a new way of kiosks around malls.

Well im not the most experienced e-smoker either.

I have bought from The Electronic Cigarette Company (UK) Ltd (cant post urls yet, but its from pillbox38 on this forum). I know its a EU based store, but I think there is stores in the US selling at the same prices more or less. Take a look at the supliers forum at the bottom.

I have bought a super mini, and a classic, and I think its cheaper than normal smoking. I have been e-smoking for about 3 weeks now.

Brian S

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
I actually live in Brandon, Florida. It is right around Tampa area the mall is owned by Westfield if that makes any difference. I smoke about 10-14 cigarettes a day, I share a pack with my boyfriend a day, as you can tell I hog them all. We are suffering with money issues, is this a cheaper solution or just as expensive if not more?

Initially, it can be much more expensive than cigarettes. I'm about $500 into it between me and my wife and stil haven't quit. Search the forums for what works and buy that. (I didn't do that) If you are commited to quitting and make it the e-cig can be a much cheaper solution.

Brian

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
As for the type of e-cig: if you don't smoke much, a Mini may be a good option (or even a Super-mini, but their cartridges don't last long at all. A Mini still looks much like a cigarette).

However, for most satisfying drag and vapour, nothing beats the Classic. I'll be ordering one of those next week, to smoke at home.

This is the main problem: once you start ordering stuff it can be hard to stop! There are so many styles/flavours available. But if you settle on a ciggy you like and maybe a top-up flavour juice to extend cartridge life, then e-smoking should be cheaper than analogue smoking. Gotta figure in the odd replacement parts though (atomisers, batteries).

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I'd suggest starting with a DSE901 mini from Puresmoker.com to start you off. That should give you an idea of whether it will work for you. If it does you could do a bit more research about what to do next.

The hardware does break down so be prepared to renew or replace and you will have to stay supplied with eliquid to refill your cartridges when the starter pack ones run out.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
coupon- I'm spending more now buying both ecigs and regular ciggs BUT I am smoking less regular ciggs and that's always a good hting in my book. I smoke LoongTotem ecigs, and I really like them as they produce quite a bit of vapor, and are as small as a real cigg and they last most of hte day without having to refill- however, that taste is blandish (although refilling with a good liquid helps). The brand you probably saw in the mall is I think the 'Vapor51' model which is in essence a LoongTotem that's been rebranded. Of all the mini cigs, these are in my opinion probably htem ost realistic and satisfying for hte reasons I mentioend above- I've tried another mini type before and was very dissappointed as the cartridges were so small they were practically worthless and just frustrating to deal with and a hard draw and very little vapor. That's not to say all minis will be liek htta- but most are according to testimonies on here.

The 901, while still havign a somewhat small cartridge, is a very good starter cigg, and you can pick one up from puresmoker for around $40 or so. If you're lookign for a true mini however, there aren't really many good choices out htere right now besides the LoongTotem as far as vapor, ease of draw, form factor etc. GreenCig is coming out with one soon, we think, and it might be another good alternative

If you go with a 901, be sure to also order a few atomizers and perhaps a couple of batteries- these are cheap enough from puresmoker- around $10 apiece which is much cheaper and just as good as other brands

Marvelbeast

Oct 14, 2008
UK
I know I'm still new with the e-smoking thing but I've already saved a lot of money.

Between myself and my partner we were spending about £500 a month on cigarettes. I started on a super cigarette and quit real cigs almost straight away. I ordered more batteries and atomisers and bought myself a Janty Kissbox. I also bought enough cartridges and e-liquid for about 2 months.

Even though I bought all that, I still spent about half of what I would've spent in 1 month. As my Janty has a guarantee on batteries and atomisers I will save more as if they die within the guarantee I can get them replaced.

As we've now got the chargers and a USB cable for the Janty, all we're going to have to pay for a while is for a couple of atomisers a month for the rn4081 and batteries as the originals start to die. I get through about 10-15 mls of e-liquid a week, which works out cheaper then cartridges.

We will buy a few cartridges every now and then for me to use then refill to death.

I've worked out that roughly we will spend at least 80% less on e-smoking and that's if I count new batteries and atomisers every month. If they take longer between needing replacing then it's even more then 80% cheaper.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hi nazareth, agree with your view about the Loongtotem ecigs. I also smoke them aroud 1 month.
No leak,too much smoke as the same of a normal cigg.Especially the design is nice as I like.well,the taste I could choose for my love.it is so good.will ty it again.ahh…:thumb::D

Who are you today? Since you are all of these 3 usernames ...
* SnowStar
* gutierrez
* tarkington007

Your loongtotem spammy posts are getting old bud ...

Liberate_Yourself

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
U.S.
www.smokeliberation.com
I noticed the e-cigarettes in my local mall, and then my boyfriend was talking about them, I don't know the brand but they are around 60$ I believe, does anyone know of any e-cigarettes cheaper in price but still worth it?

also; about how long does each e-cigarette last? will they completely stop working or anything?

Hey couponfork.. I am sure that you can find them cheaper than $60, but you would want to get a quality ecig, and probably a couple extra batts and atomizers off the bat, since there is a slight learning curve, and you may burn through an atomizer or 2..

As far as the model goes, that would all depend on the amount you (or your boyfriend) smoke, and how long you would use it for at a time. Some are smaller (and more realistic) with shorter battery life, and others larger with better battery life and an easier draw.

Unless you get a bad unit out of the box, there shouldn't be any that just stop working on you, although I am sure it has happened at some point in the past. Many of the suppliers (if not all of them) offer a warranty. Just make sure to keep your atomizer moist! Remember: A wet atomizer is a happy one! haha.. :D

The average cartridge lasts for quite a while when new, and if you are refilling them manually, they should last you at least 2-3 cigarettes worth of puffs before you would have to refill them again.

There are plenty of suppliers here on the forums with great websites. I would visit a few until you find one in your price range, that you like the style of, and that suits your e-Smoking needs. Just click on the Suppliers List button at the top of the page and there is a nice list there.

Hope I helped! :thumb:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Unless you get a bad unit out of the box, there shouldn't be any that just stop working on you, although I am sure it has happened at some point in the past. Many of the suppliers (if not all of them) offer a warranty.

Gotta disagree with you there. With heavy use, you can expect atomizers to last anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, maybe longer for moderate or light use. Batteries will last about 3 months tops but you will see a decline in performance before then.

Many merchants do have warranties, 1 year is most common, except Janty only gives 6 months, and Sedansa and Ruyan offer 5 years. Some merchants only offer 30 days or even 14 days, but their devices are lower priced, and they offer inexensive replacement parts. Litecig is in the middle, with low prices and a 6 month warranty.

Vice

Moved On
Sep 4, 2009
SD, USA
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Unapproved supplier

cturnier

Oct 20, 2009
I recently purchased a greentip starter kit and so far i really like it. They have a very cool design and great amount of vapor. I used to own a smoking everywhere but it was really heavy and always breaking down on me. I've had my greentip for 3 weeks now and i haven't smoked a real cig since. if u type in greentipusa on google u should find it.

Moved On
Oct 16, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

MrKai

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
Alameda County, CA
...whenever you ask.

People tend to recommend the 901 and 510...but in practice *I* have found the 510 either makes copious amounts of flavorless or near-flavorless vapor...or burns what you put in it.

And it is exactly not like a cigarette :)

901's feel like you are sucking a milkshake and I've never had a 901 atomizer live thru heavy use.

The best eCig you can get is one with cheap consumable parts and decent battery power.

If you want the best PV OTOH, I am sure someone can recommend some contraption that is exactly not like smoking, but more like feeding a nicotine habit with crazy batteries, tubes and wires :)

For me, my favorite "e-Cigarette" is a Rube Goldberg mix of an L88 atomizer "the oft-maligned but seldom understood "Blu" style super mini" with it's big brother, the J108 battery.

It is the same thickness of a cigarette, about the length of a 100s and gets hot enough and makes enough "smoke" so that it is like smoking a cigarette. It is what I hand to people that want to "try it out". I have one that is configured to 'look' like an analog but I usually use my red/black DemonStik™ Combo for myself :)

If you are new, you do what everyone else does...you buy a bunch of stuff and find what fits right for you, but if you are like most of the first-timers I've turned on, the more "exotic" options are too far away from what you are used to, and the option that is "just like it" as other shortcomings (battery life, heat/vapor production) that it leaves you lacking...so for those people, I tell them to "get a Blu atomizer and a Sideshow battery and charger and give that a shot. it won't break you."

YMMV :)

-K

Last edited:

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
No way is a 510 cart equal to 10 cigarettes, uh uh no way no how. I feel like it's much closer to 3-4, I hate these claims these things make. The only things that come close to matching their claims are the cartomizers and even then you need to be careful with your choices.

Just edited this when I saw how old the first post was why bother adding to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread