• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Shipping question for Ontarians who have ordered from Gentlemen's Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi there,

Just had a question for anyone who's ordered standard Canada Post shipping from Gentlemen's Reserve (or, to be more correct, just BC in general I suppose) to Ontario. About how long of a turnaround would you say it is, on average? Does it take the full 9 days, or does it depend on how Canada Post is operating at the time?

Just trying to get a good handle on when to expect my rig. Yes, I'm impatient. I suppose I could have sprung for Xpresspost, but I'm cheap, too. :D

BTW, anyone who hasn't ordered from them, please do. Great service. Prompt, friendly and, all-around awesome.

Thanks,

Mike

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Wish i could tell you. Personally i ordered from Vapor Geeks and they are in surrey bc, which took way to long for them to collect the money, and longer to put the shipment in the mail. I imagine it cannot be that long as i am in Winnipeg and through a order with Flavor Crafter's who are located in Chattam Ontario i get the order the next day.

I can say thought that cp has 9 days as a questimate.....so i would say expect it no later then this Friday

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Canada Post had really sucked lately. I ordered something from Alberta & they say is going to take 12 days. The package has been sitting in Medicine Hat for 6 days now.

This confirms a suspicion; get ready for the annual CP stike, it is coming soon then.....say another 2 weeks

Beaver

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Ontario
BTW, anyone who hasn't ordered from them, please do. Great service. Prompt, friendly and, all-around awesome.

Couldn't agree with you more Mike. It's a damn shame for all Canadians that GG dropped them as a supplier.

Daniel from Gentlemen's Reserve responded to my to my questions immediately and even provided me a link to the new GG supplier (Clouds of Vapor). Who, by the way, has never responded to my inquiries...so lame...

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
:confused: did they have a Xpresspost option? I am asking as i said i placed a order with vapor geek yesterday and they are going through the Richmond BC post office, i was told from Canada Post customer care (yeah i know there are jokes right there) that i should have got it today, but they have a national two day guarantee through Xpresspost

IF Gentleman's club has that option and you do not want to wait 9 or so days try that option?

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sorry, I told a lie. It wasn't Xpresspost, rather Canada Post Express, now that I look at it again. Not sure of the difference, actually, but there you go.

I suppose the extra cost would have been fairly immaterial after ordering 80 bucks' worth of goods, but I just chose the cheapest shipping option they had out of reflex, figuring it'd be a week at most, based on past experience with cross-country parcels.

Live and learn, I suppose.

Edit: My package is now on the mainland! Maybe I will get it sooner than I think.

Last edited:

TrueNorthist

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cariboo Country, BC
An envelope will typically get delivered within 5 business days, whereas a package of any size is first subjected to being thrown as hard as possible against the nearest wall a minimum of 7 times to ensure there are no fragile items inside. The package is then carefully secreted at the bottom of their large package container to ensure it is properly seasoned by having a couple of 200lb + items dumped on top of it. This has the added benefit of making the parcel much harder to see and all but guarantees it will be in the sending station for at least 3 days before anyone finds it. Once discovered it is tossed into the back of a truck and driven, late at night and at high speed, to an airport where it is lobbed into a sea of packages to be sorted. 2 or 3 days later it is again discovered and stuffed into a bag with other packages all destined to the same place -- Afghanistan.

There it is re-routed to an awaiting transport back to Canada and jettisoned 30,000 ft above the receiving station in the hopes that it gets spotted laying somewhere on the grounds by a mailman who picks it up, takes it home and spends hours doing strange and unspeakable things to it. The following morning a card is left on the door of the addressee notifying them that the package can be picked up the following business day which always winds up being the Tuesday following a long weekend. Hopefully that helps you decide what carrier to use.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Live in Timmins, Ont., and I order from (cevstore) Victoria, BC.. Package is here in 4 business days. I place an order on Monday, I'll get it Friday. xpress or Regular, always 4 day's. I no longer fork out the extra cash to xpress)
I'm hoping you get your package soon..
Holy snap!!! small world LOL born and raised there and left in 2006 =))

Last edited:

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Expect the 9 days, I've never sent or received anything from Ont to BC or vice versa that was faster than predicted. Unless you pay and arm & a leg. :unsure:

I am all set,I expect little vapemail and most should be here this week or early the next...I think ima make the cut-off :laugh:

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
An envelope will typically get delivered within 5 business days, whereas a package of any size is first subjected to being thrown as hard as possible against the nearest wall a minimum of 7 times to ensure there are no fragile items inside. The package is then carefully secreted at the bottom of their large package container to ensure it is properly seasoned by having a couple of 200lb + items dumped on top of it. This has the added benefit of making the parcel much harder to see and all but guarantees it will be in the sending station for at least 3 days before anyone finds it. Once discovered it is tossed into the back of a truck and driven, late at night and at high speed, to an airport where it is lobbed into a sea of packages to be sorted. 2 or 3 days later it is again discovered and stuffed into a bag with other packages all destined to the same place -- Afghanistan.

There it is re-routed to an awaiting transport back to Canada and jettisoned 30,000 ft above the receiving station in the hopes that it gets spotted laying somewhere on the grounds by a mailman who picks it up, takes it home and spends hours doing strange and unspeakable things to it. The following morning a card is left on the door of the addressee notifying them that the package can be picked up the following business day which always winds up being the Tuesday following a long weekend. Hopefully that helps you decide what carrier to use.

...then,you go with the little card and take delivery of said crushed envellope with a big gaping tear in it that cost you $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread