Status
Not open for further replies.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
First let me say this is not a complaint. I only want to provide you with feedback to help you improve your process.

My most recent order is showing "shipped" as of Friday night, but according to tracking info is still not in the hands of USPS on Tuesday morning. Because I am here reading your forums every day, I know this is because of the new double check system that you have implemented. But not all of your customers read your forum every day, or are even ECF members. If I did not know that this is why my order is being held up, I would be seriously ticked off that my order was still sitting around the warehouse, while I am thinking it is ready to go and just fell off a table and no one has bothered to pick it up.

I don't know anything about automated emails and stuff like that, but maybe the system could be changed so that the emails are sent when the order is verified instead of when it is packaged?

While we are on the subject of suggestions, it would be great if we could sort things by features on the website. For example, with the visions if we could sort by ohm range or by size to find what we are looking for.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
No need for a special trip to the post office. Knowing it is on the way to Florida is good enough. I thought it was probably still waiting on a double check, so this news already makes me happy. :)

I'll be going to bed shortly, so maybe just take the form with the day's orders and it should be updated when I get up.

Thanks again, Chris!

bluecloud

Jul 20, 2011
us
USPS is not as quick to update as UPS or Fedex. I use USPS system like it is an actual tracking system, but really it is meant for delivery confirmation. Plenty of times the package arrives, and when I check the USPS site, it still shows it as 1000 miles away.

TL;DR USPS does not update their tracking in real-time.

That being said, I have joined the local 410 postman stalker union as well while waiting for the goods to arrive!

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Normally I would agree with you bluecloud, but lately they have been better with the updates to tracking. I'm not sure if it a general improvement in the USPS or if the cities that my stuff goes through are more diligent about scanning but with my vape supplies I can cyber stalk just as well as with UPS.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Hi tidegirl- if you orered on Friday night, depending on the time, it may not have shipped until Monday. We have been snowed under with orders from the intro of the new Fluxomizer and other things so I myself (not Chris) cut off shipping early for Saturday to some point on Friay night as Chris only has a few hours to get the orders out on Saturday morning as they close early (meaning we can only work up a finite number of orders on Saturday).

Normally the product listings are sorted by ohms, I'll check if they got mixed up, thanks.

First let me say this is not a complaint. I only want to provide you with feedback to help you improve your process.

My most recent order is showing "shipped" as of Friday night, but according to tracking info is still not in the hands of USPS on Tuesday morning. Because I am here reading your forums every day, I know this is because of the new double check system that you have implemented. But not all of your customers read your forum every day, or are even ECF members. If I did not know that this is why my order is being held up, I would be seriously ticked off that my order was still sitting around the warehouse, while I am thinking it is ready to go and just fell off a table and no one has bothered to pick it up.

I don't know anything about automated emails and stuff like that, but maybe the system could be changed so that the emails are sent when the order is verified instead of when it is packaged?

While we are on the subject of suggestions, it would be great if we could sort things by features on the website. For example, with the visions if we could sort by ohm range or by size to find what we are looking for.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Gotta love those packages that take the scenic route. :facepalm: Don't they know they are headed to live in the most scenic location in the world??? What carto wouldn't want to live at the beach. Heck, if they hurry they may even get to go to Shell Island this weekend, if it's warm enough.

P.S. Mine left Flushing 4/24 and has apparently been wandering aimlessly since then, as there are no new scans to update. :p

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
USPS employee told me, "Electronic Shipping Information Received" should be ignored. It means nothing, when tracking a package.

As I understand it, "Electronic Shipping Information Received" means that someone has purchased postage for a package via the Internet. Most people call this "Printing the Label".

It doesn't mean that the Label is on the Package or that the Package has gotten to the Post Office.

When I sell stuff on e-Bay, I like to have the auctions go off on Saturday Night. Then I pack and "Print Labels" on Sunday. So on Sunday, buyers can see "Electronic Shipping Information Received" on their auction. But I might not get to the Post Office until Tuesday to drop everything off.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Agreed.
An order I placed last Friday, got the tracking confirmation same day, but the box didn't go to the USPS until Tuesday. (not a slam against the guys, I know they had their backs to the wall last week).
And even the USPS tracking can be somewhat unreliable... At least from a timing of when they scan / update..

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Agreed.
An order I placed last Friday, got the tracking confirmation same day, but the box didn't go to the USPS until Tuesday. (not a slam against the guys, I know they had their backs to the wall last week).
And even the USPS tracking can be somewhat unreliable... At least from a timing of when they scan / update..

I think something that would Help is if the Post Office reworded "Electronic Shipping Information Received" to something more like, "Postage has Been Purchased and/or Printed."

When people see the word "Recieved", they picture in there minds someone handing a Box with their stuff in it to a Postal Employee. And that isn't what "Electronic Shipping Information Received" means.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Yeah, ironically it means that electronic shipping information has been received.
Muahahahhaha.....

Sorry, couldn't resist. Guess I was noble enough to know what's right, but weak enough not to choose it....

I think something that would Help is if the Post Office reworded "Electronic Shipping Information Received" to something more like, "Postage has Been Purchased and/or Printed."

When people see the word "Recieved", they picture in there minds someone handing a Box with their stuff in it to a Postal Employee. And that isn't what "Electronic Shipping Information Received" means.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah, ironically it means that electronic shipping information has been received.
Muahahahhaha.....

Sorry, couldn't resist. Guess I was noble enough to know what's right, but weak enough not to choose it....

Yeah, we are Merely Players, Performers and Portrayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread