Ego C Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muis

Apr 5, 2012
Huis
I'm a brand new Ego-C user, and every time I can throw my tanks away because it starts leaking through the two air channels at the sides, right into the first part of the mouthpiece (and eventually in my mouth) . I already wasted 15 tanks (maybe I should start cleaning them instead of throwing them away) and lots of liquid.

I mailed the shop where I bought it, and their only advice was to take soft, slow drags. So the last couple of days I tried to inhale as soft as possible, but the problem remains.

What are my options? Are the Type B tanks more resistent to leaking? Are there cartomizers available for the EgoC which allow short, hard drags and don't leak? Is there anything left to try, because its so frustrating.

Last edited:

Chris77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Fishers, IN
I'm a brand new Ego-C user, and every time I can throw my tanks away because it starts leaking through the two air channels at the sides, right into the first part of the mouthpiece (and eventually in my mouth) . I already wasted 15 tanks (maybe I should start cleaning them instead of throwing them away) and lots of liquid.

I mailed the shop where I bought it, and their only advice was to take soft, slow drags. So the last couple of days I tried to inhale as soft as possible, but the problem remains.

What are my options? Are the Type B tanks more resistent to leaking? Are there cartomizers available for the EgoC which allow short, hard drags and don't leak? Is there anything left to try, because its so frustrating.

The air channels are towards the top of the tank, is that where it's leaking from? Usually the too-hard-of-a-drag issue causes leaking at the bottom of the cone near the head piece. Definitely don't throw the tanks out unless they're physically broken- they can be rinsed out and reused repeatedly. Two months in and I've never had to pitch one.

When they're working properly, they shouldn't leak- period. To give you an idea, I can sit here and toss the thing in the air over and over again, and no leaking..

A few questions if you don't mind:

Where did you purchase the kit from?
How high are you filling the tanks?
What juice are you using? (PG/VG ratio?)
Any chance air bubbles are getting trapped in the tank (esp. towards the bottom) during filling?

As for alternatives, my favorite would have to be the Smoktech eGo dual coil cartomizers (Ego Dual Coil Cartomizer - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop). They fit perfectly, hold tons of juice, and they don't seem to care much how hard/fast you draw on them :)

Muis

Apr 5, 2012
Huis
It may be condensation and not leakage

It's definately leaking, condensation looks very different.

also as stated the CE4 clearomizer/stardust work great on the eGo battery.

Here in Holland i can only find the CE12 Clearomizer Premium, and in all reviews customers warn that the the top part breaks (where it is connected to battery) often, spilling all the liquid in your pocket/on your jacket. So that's a totally different kind of leakage I'd rather avoid. But maybe CE4 is different?

get yourself a decent tube mod with some bottom coil cartomisers.

I don't know exactly what you mean, can you give me a link where I can buy/see such a setup?

The air channels are towards the top of the tank, is that where it's leaking from? Usually the too-hard-of-a-drag issue causes leaking at the bottom of the cone near the head piece.

It leaks from the bottom part (the tip you put in your mouth), but to reach that chamber it must have came through those air channels. I often see liquid in those channels, so I guess it must have came from the top.

I can sit here and toss the thing in the air over and over again, and no leaking..

I can do the same without leaking: it only starts to leak when I draw on it. The liquid starts to build up in the first chamber, and after a few draws you can taste small drops of it.

Where did you purchase the kit from?
How high are you filling the tanks?
What juice are you using? (PG/VG ratio?)
Any chance air bubbles are getting trapped in the tank (esp. towards the bottom) during filling?

- At Cmalo - Elektrische Sigaretten, Elektronische Sigaretten , Elektrisch Roken, joye ego-c
- About eighty percent, leaving a couple of millimeters of space
- Pink Spot right now, but I had the same problem with Dekang
- I dont know. I fill it with a syringe (because I cannot get the hard top off) through the hole, and never saw bubbles.

As for alternatives, my favorite would have to be the Smoktech eGo dual coil cartomizers. They fit perfectly, hold tons of juice, and they don't seem to care much how hard/fast you draw on them :)

I was looking into them today, but there seem to be 3 different variants in the shop:

- Ego DC Cone
- Ego DC Cartomizer
- Ego DC Tank

See (Cartomizers  - E-cig4U)

So I am a bit confused which one to get, or do I need a combination of those parts?

Thanks in advance!

Chris77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Fishers, IN
This is the one I like and would recommend: ego dual coil cartomizer  - E-cig4U

That will fit perfectly on your eGo and match the look of it very well. Should hold about 3ml of juice. The only downside to this cartomizer that I've found is it does go through batteries a little faster. 3ml's typically gets me through a day, so I can carry just one of these cartos and keep a couple extra batteries on me and do fine.

As for your tanks, I'm sorry they're not working out- they just don't for some people and I don't know why. I can tell you that when that juice starts entering the air slots, it's best to just empty it and start over as it will probably leak. This hasn't ever happened to me, but my brother ran into the problem. From your replies, I'm certain the issue isn't with the juice. I fill mine with a needle most times as well as popping off the cap can be a pain. The only two things I can suggest are trying to fill it half way (just as a test measure) and make sure you hold down the button for about a second before starting to draw lightly.

:toast:

I have the same issue with the ego T attys. They were the first upgrade attys (from 510s) that I tried. After about a week I started to get some juice in my mouth when I used them. I noticed that juice had gotten in to the air holes and was flooding the upper mouthpiece. I took the tank apart and dropped it into a glass of water then let it sit out to air dry. I blew out the atty and tried it again. It worked better, but eventually started to draw juice into the upper part again. I switched to ego Mega atty's and after a while had the same problem. Juice getting into my mouth. The only solution I've found is to take longer gentler draws, and KEEP THE ATTY CLEAN. I swab and blow mine out a few times a day and that seems to keep them working better. I have just ordered some Smoketec dual coil cartos and an Ego C. I'm still new enought that I have yet to find my perfect match. So buying new stuff and trying it out has been part of the fun.

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
The fluid inside the mouthpiece is condensation, not leaking juice. Some degree of condensation is inevitable whenever vapor contacts a cooler surface, it also happens inside cartomizers, clearomizers, etc. To minimize the amount of condensation, let up on the button just before you stop dragging so that you pull through all of the vapor and it's not left inside the cone and mouthpiece to condense. I use a cotton swab or scrunched up napkin or paper towel to clean up any condensation in the cone when I refill or change the tank. You can also easily remove the two little mouth piece inserts with a toothpick or similar tool and use a cotton swab or paper towel to swab out the condensation that occurs there.

Muis

Apr 5, 2012
Huis
The fluid inside the mouthpiece is condensation, not leaking juice.

I know what condensation looks like. On the few days I have no leaks, I see some condensation and i'm fine with it. The condensation is more water-colored and only sticks to the sides. But when it leaks the whole part is filled with pure liquid, and doesnt stick to the sides. The difference is very obvious. Also when there is condensation, it doesn't enter through the air channels, it just builds up in the mouthpiece.

This is the one I like and would recommend: ego dual coil cartomizer .-.E-cig4U

I'm going to order a couple of those then. On the same page it says: This cartomizer has a 510 connection. Which made a bit worry if it would fit the Ego C, but maybe they have the same connection.

Also since you seem to have tested both systems, are there any downsides of carto vs tanks (except for harder filling)? Do they produce same amount of vapor, throat hit, etc?

Last edited:

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
I know what condensation looks like. On the few days I have no leaks, I see some condensation and i'm fine with it. The condensation is more water-colored and only sticks to the sides. But when it leaks the whole part is filled with pure liquid, and doesnt stick to the sides. The difference is very obvious. Also when there is condensation, it doesn't enter through the air channels, it just builds up in the mouthpiece.

If it is actually leaking juice then you will see it coming out the bottom of the atomizer base and into the battery connection and onto the steel ring around the button long before it gets into the mouthpiece.

I'm going to order a couple of those then. On the same page it says: This cartomizer has a 510 connection. Which made a bit worry if it would fit the Ego C but maybe they have the same connection.

Ego C batteries have 510 threads.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
When you vape, ¿do you tilt your ego upwards like you would a cigarette?
remember you are supposed to hold it as vertically as possible (with the battery side down).

IMHO, the ego tank system has to be the most controversial PV out there. Some people have nothing but trouble with them and end up hating them, others (me included) seem to have no problems at all and we love them.

I think that the "key" to the ego tank (the C at least, i never tried A or B), is in the draw. Do it too hard/fast and youll get leaking, do it too soft/slow and youll get burning taste. Well, thats my experience anyway.

hope this helps

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
i'm having the same issue and i've tried two different tanks. i vape for a while and then the liquid starts to rise up and eventually lands in my mouth. besides getting liquid in my mouth which is obnoxious i'm also worried if getting eliquid in my mouth is toxic

You probably aren't getting enough in your mouth to hurt you. If you did, you'd probably puke it up before enough of it absorbed into your system.

But when you get sick of the drama, just do what most other ego-c and ego-t owners end up doing eventually. Ditch the junk on the end and use a proper cartomizer, like a CE4 or a Fluxomizer or one of the DCT tanks specially made for an ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread