Infractions, what are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
I understand that, that's why in the poll thread I see you in, I tried to communicate there but was being ignored.

However, this thread; I just want to make it straight to the point and what not,. I'm on a finer thread than you are and was given a nice taste of the Fatman and Littleboy on my head. Which is why I was hoping they would add what I posted in that thread to the general rules so that no one walks down the same path I did because the rule was not stated in there. I read the rules and check for updates.

We all know we're apart of a group that gets a lot of heat by the government and it's lame branches. So I try to keep myself on the pro-vape side and far away from the antis. I love this community, I really do. Yes, there is tons of hazing I see between the members here and there and wish people could keep it civil because in the end, we're all fighting against a greater evil. I'd rather keep us all on the same page and not swarming around confused like a anthill that got stomped on by a kid once we see the final verdict on where our equipment stands in the face of society.

EDIT: I don't mean to get into your business by the way, but the way Classwife explained your status, you have 0 infractions technically.

Last edited:

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
We had Infractions on a forum I moderate (until we upgraded the software to XenForo which is a beaut).

Essentially, from what I remember, is that particular actions that break rules have predetermined amount of points. If you hit the ceiling of points, your automatically banned.

I think points can wither away, if you don't gather any new ones. IIRC there was a way to set how long they lasted.

This is assuming its the same VB software and all, and that they are setup even similarly.

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
Yeah, I want specifics on how many gets you banned for life, what a warning is considered, how many levels are in the points system, when they expire, which ones do not, etc etc.

Off topic (going against my second reply...): I don't mind VB, i'm more familiar with moderating on phpBB... But I like the layout on VB much better.

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
I understand that, that's why in the poll thread I see you in, I tried to communicate there but was being ignored.

However, this thread; I just want to make it straight to the point and what not,. I'm on a finer thread than you are and was given a nice taste of the Fatman and Littleboy on my head. Which is why I was hoping they would add what I posted in that thread to the general rules so that no one walks down the same path I did because the rule was not stated in there. I read the rules and check for updates.

We all know we're apart of a group that gets a lot of heat by the government and it's lame branches. So I try to keep myself on the pro-vape side and far away from the antis. I love this community, I really do. Yes, there is tons of hazing I see between the members here and there and wish people could keep it civil because in the end, we're all fighting against a greater evil. I'd rather keep us all on the same page and not swarming around confused like a anthill that got stomped on by a kid once we see the final verdict on where our equipment stands in the face of society.

EDIT: I don't mean to get into your business by the way, but the way Classwife explained your status, you have 0 infractions technically.

Technically, I do have an infraction and it is permanent. You just can't see my profile.

I agree that the rules need to be fine tuned, along with the penalties. That is for the ones with the ability to create that change to undertake though. Whatever happened, good luck. :)

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
I been searching and such, but I think we need a thread regarding infractions and the "point value" of them (not idealistic point, but the points given in them). Just a thread that'll tell you which expire and which do not, etc.

After I saw your post, I acquired the permission needed to provide you with the information you requested. I have finally completed the posting and you can see it here. You'll notice that the thread is closed for discussion, this is because there's really no discussing the rules. These are created and evolve over time due to the experiences we encounter and they will continue to evolve. I will make an attempt to keep this post as updated as possible.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ction-point-system-explained.html#post5960304

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
joker, would you be able to clarify this:

''Attempting to mask your identity by accessing the forums through a proxy server, or misrepresenting your location''.

That infraction is used when someone is using a proxy server to try to sneak onto the forum and spam. usually used on oh say people from Shenzhen that put Alabama as their Location and try to sell us that Picante Sauce from New York City..

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
thanks, sarge! i usually don't try to sneak in but due to a dynamic dns my ip address might point to a location in ks, az, tx, mo, nc, wi, ga or sc! even though i never leave my seat by the kitchen window, the only place where i can get a decent signal! ;)
and i have had to use a proxy server once in a while to get on ecf - verizon just wouldn't load the site ...... sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread