High amp (low resistance) mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, this is my first real question, so let me say thanks for the help in advance and consider this my introduction.

I'm a relatively new ecig user, and my first mod was a ProVari V1. I've been recently looking at low impedance cartos that require 4 amps of current. This, as I've come to find, is one of the main limitations of the V1. My question is, are there any mods out there that will handle that level of current and yet give the versatility of the ProVari?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
The Provari V2 won't handle 4 amps either. Their cutoff is 3.5amps, IIRC.

Smoketech has a new VV PV called the Vmax, i think. It will go to 5 amps, but it's hard to find right now. Only a couple vendors have even seen the thing, and it's not cheap. You can find more info about it in the variable voltage forum. If the price comes down a bit, it's going to give the Provari some sleepless nights.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Why the concern over half?

Power does the work and current is half the product equation.

P=IV So a VV device like the ProVari can get higher power output by upping the voltage within the current limiting safety circuit. (This makes using low resistance attys/cartos counter productive for folks who want more power.)

A Buzz has an upper limit of 15 Watts, a ProVari v2 has an upper limit of 14 Watts above 4.2 volts and a current limit of 3.5 Amps below 4.2 volts.

If you need more power than that and need an adjustable power output, you would be looking at a safer chemistry high discharge battery feeding a self wound rebuildable atomizer. Rebuildable has to be a requirement since pushing that much current through a very short length of wire is going to result in many broken wires.

Current alone does no more work than torque alone moves a car down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread