how many drops do i put on my ecig sponge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblurkin

Apr 28, 2012
minnesota
i am new. i just usually put 1 drop on the atomizer, and 4 on the sponge. is this too little?
it doesnt taste all that great, i got the redbull flavor and ever since i starting filling it myself it tastes weird.
also, how many hits does it take to have smoked 1 cigarette? i have hit it about 30 times today and i dont know how many cigarettes that is. also my ecig crackles when i hit it. :(

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
All ecigs crackle when you fire them (normal) and if there is a "sponge" , it's probably a carto , not an atty . So you are not putting anywhere near enough juice in it . Start with 6 or 8 drops , let them soak in . then look at the top of the filler (sponge) it should look sorta slushy . If not add a few more drops , until it does . If you happen to overfill , just gently blow on the carto (mouthpiece ) end to get rid of the excess juice . Hope that helps . And Welcome to ECF , by the way .

mechanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Costa Rica
www.mechanus.org
cblurkin, if you're using cartomizers - the ones with a cotton like fill and a hole in the center when you take off the cap - you're probably doing it right. As you get to know your equipment and your vaping habit, you get a better feel how long you can go before refills. Some people will put a couple of drops every couple of hours into their cartomizer as they're using it so it doesn't dry out. I carry 5 cartomizers around and just switch between them when they either produce little vapor or the flavor is a little off or it's diminished. I just refill them at night before going to bed.

So I guess the question is how regularly are you refilling the cartomizer?

simply me

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
california
i am new. i just usually put 1 drop on the atomizer, and 4 on the sponge. is this too little?
it doesnt taste all that great, i got the redbull flavor and ever since i starting filling it myself it tastes weird.
also, how many hits does it take to have smoked 1 cigarette? i have hit it about 30 times today and i dont know how many cigarettes that is. also my ecig crackles when i hit it. :(

First I would find out what your using. If it's a carto then you will fill it up. But you said a couple of drops on the atty and some on the sponge or filler. Is it the cart that came with your pv? You do not want to flood the atty. If its your carts that came with your kit, then I would just get a drip tip and stop using the carts. Much better flavor. If it a carto then you are not filling it with enough e-liquid. You will know when it out it will start tasting a little burnt.

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA

If you are using a Cartomizer (atomizer and carto) with Polyfill you need to fill the carto. Usually they take about 20 drops but I would drop the e-liquid in while turning the carto and wait for it to absorb then repeat. Once you get to about 15 only put 1 or 2 drops in and make sure it absorbs, then repeat until the liquid does not go all the way into the Polyfill. You will get use to how the Polyfill looks and absorbs and be able to tell when to stop. Topping off every 3 or so hours is a good idea until you get familiar with how long it takes you to go through a carto because you don't want to burn the carto. You can look up "filling a Cartomizer" on YouTube for great instructional videos.

As far as how many hits on a Vape are equal to a cigarette, some say 10-15 hits. Keep in mind that your body does not absorb the nicotine from e-liquid in the same way as it does a cigarette so you will find most likely find that you Vape more often than you smoked. Here are a couple links for you regarding Tobacco Cigarettes vs. E-Cigs.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-nicotine-tobacco-cigarettes.html#post2197493

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...garette-nicotine-equivalency.html#post5108486

Dant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
NY, NY

From your description, it sounds to me like an atomizer with a cartridge, and not a cartomizer. For cartridges I would say approximately 10-12 drops for a brand new one, or approx 6-8 drops to refill a previously used one. As Renzuli said, you will know it is full when it stops absorbing drops and looks slushy on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread