Bolt :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madcaprym

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. US
I've had my bolt since 2/17 and a couple days ago it started not hitting like it did. I tested it and found with a new fully charged18650 batt at 4.1v, with a regular, 1.7ohm carto, ce2, and everything I tried, it only reads at 2.8/3.0v, the main thing now is that i can't even get a reading because there isn't enough power with the carto to give a reading. I'm using my LED volt reader. With out the carto it reads normal 4.0v and as soon as I put a carto on it won't read, the led flickers, and gives hardly any vapor, and I'm talking tiny! I tried the exact set up on my friends bolt and his was way better, lots of vapor! Something isn't right! I also had the 510 connector come totally loose. I sent them an email, now waiting for a reply! Bummed out!

TheTrulyInsane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Just curious, if you have a multimeter, have you checked that the batteries are still charging? I know I had a battery die out on me the other day (14500) in a dual battery box mod and it stopped dead in it's tracks, the battery read 0.01v on my multimeter, I threw it out and put in a new battery, and off I went.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Funny that you mentioned this. A couple friends of mine ordered one and it was doing almost the exact same thing to them. If you run it with a carto attached, you barely get anything. When I hooked up my inline test box, it worked fine. Take the box off, and you're back to nothing. I thought it might be a funky connector or a short center post but after adjusting it still doesn't work. All the components (batts, cartos, attys) work fine with other devices.

I told them to send it back.

Belchfire

Jan 16, 2012
Centreville VA
Thought I would mention that I recently purchased a Bolt and now the problem is getting the 510 atty to screw all the way down. The threads are so tight it only goes halfway. Had to use 3 in 1 oil and some vice grips with a folded up paper towel around the atty to get it to screw all the way down. It works fine now but when it comes time to change the atty it may snap off at the threaded part or break the 510 fitting loose on the Bolt. This was using the MVS brand LR 510 atty's, and the Joye 510 atty's fit were very tight as well though I did not need to use oil or vice grips. See what happens when it comes time to replace the atty.

Seems they went from one extreme to the other.

Belchfire

Jan 16, 2012
Centreville VA
It wasn't on a Bolt but, I had a similar problem on another device with certain cartos. A little shorty 510 extension solved it.

Probably would, but since the threading is the issue you still have get the extension to screw in. If I could screw in an extension then the atty would screw in as well and I would not need the extension.

Hopefully MVS will get the manufacturer to verify the Bolt fits the 510 atty or anything else threaded to fit a 510 without the need for tools. Considering the MVS stamped 510 atty's can't screw in to the Bolt I would think that is cause for concern.

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
Probably would, but since the threading is the issue you still have get the extension to screw in. If I could screw in an extension then the atty would screw in as well and I would not need the extension.

Hopefully MVS will get the manufacturer to verify the Bolt fits the 510 atty or anything else threaded to fit a 510 without the need for tools. Considering the MVS stamped 510 atty's can't screw in to the Bolt I would think that is cause for concern.

My Bolt did this at first too. I've found that after awhile, the thread wear down just enough so cartos / attys screw in nicely. I really wish I could find a place that sold the type of connector that's in the Bolt. The threads come all the way to the top rim and it is the firmest threading I've ever had on any of my mods. The connection doesn't wiggle at all and feels very solid. It seems like most of them slacked off a little or rounded up in the tolerances. I had one connector that was so bad, that the thread barely screwed in and you literally had to push the carto / atty to the side for it to get a proper ground connection..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread