Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
Hey guys,

This is MY opinion... I have been using the same Ego vision LR for nearly a week, and I can tell you that I will NEVER go back to using poly-fill cartomizers- EVER. The taste, throat hit, vapor production and warmth, ease of use is exactly what I've been searching for!!!! I also received my Cisco 510 atty's and Avidvapor drip shield, and these also work very well too. But since the clearomizers deliver nearly the same results as dripping, there is really no need for me to fuss with atty's.

I discovered a few things about these Visions clearomizers:
I never fill past 1.4 ml's; never run below .7 ml's
I fill (never down the center hole), then lay it horizontally for 10 minutes to prime the wick
I try to leave it laying horizontally when ever I can, so the wick doesn't get dry
I keep the atomoizer centered in the unit- When refilling, I reposition if necessary
I do not over-tighten the screw-in drip dip; doing so will crimp the wick; restricting it's wicking properties
I shake often- the clearomizer has a tendency to burn off lighter particles of juice, leaving heavy particles behind. Some people complain the taste goes down-hill as the tank empties. Shaking occasionally eliminates this for me
After every two tanks or so, I simply rinse it out with cold water, shake it out, refill, and vape- it takes a few minutes for the fresh juice to displace the water in the wick- but it's not a big deal.

Overall these things are great! I have read numerous posts about clearomizers leaking and cracking, but not this one- it's perfect! I was spending $10 a week on carts because I couldn't stand the taste of burnt poly; I would change them often. Many people are getting more than a month out of these clearomizers, so my monthly savings will look like this

One month
4 packs (of five carts)- $10x4=$40
1 Ego Visions LR clearomixer= $5

I wish I would have found these things sooner!

Last edited:

loldude

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
Michigan
It's all I use besides the atties that came with my eGo to drip and try new flavors.
BEWARE THOUGH: There are TWO different kinds of these things it seems. I got one from mtn vapor that didn't have the lines on the side and looked slightly different at the base. I used it for 2 weeks until it stopped working well and then it started cracking and leaking. I ordered two from another vendor with the lines on the side (one clear SR one and one LR tinted red one) and they both still work like champs with NO cracks or leaking or anything and they still produce the flavor and vapor I love. I've had these two for over a month now and they're still going strong every day. This is not meant to talk trash about mtnvapor though, because they're pretty awesome! I was just disappointed with their version of the vision ego. I will post pics of the differences if someone requests me to.

Last edited:

mattkohl71

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Iowa
Just want to say I have plenty of cartomizers that are over a month old and still going strong without any cleaning... Just top them off every time with a few drops and boom. Hours of vaping!

However, these clearomizers will eventually make cartomizers obsolete. They're better in every respect, besides price. Once they get to the same level of quality as cartomizers, then I have no doubt they'll become the standard for vapers everywhere.

Once they can work out the kinks and make it just a tad better and more reliable, then I'll make the switch.

Right now though, cartomizers are still working great for me!

mechanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Costa Rica
www.mechanus.org
So I've got like 4 of these sitting around the house that I use when I'm home. When I'm out and about, though, I carry cartomizers since I don't have to worry about leaks or anything. How do you guys carry several of them around? or are you carrying around a bottle of liquid to refill instead?

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Over the last year, I've seen posts for every mega/fluxo/CE/clearo device imaginable and everyone of them was "the future of vaping". Within a month or two, there are cracking, leaking, breaks easy, doesn't wick right, etc. posts. After that there are posts on how to mod it to work better. Then they go off the market or come out with yet another revision. Cartos have been around forever. The only thing added to them in the last year is dual coils and that appears to have staying power. Maybe someone got it right this time but, forgive me for being skeptical. It'll be a long time before I recommend anything but cartos to a newbie.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    + 100000 on what MickeyRat said. If they're so great, they should put a warranty on them, but they don't, 'cause they aren't. They sell them with hype, like an infocommercial.

If they're customer service is so great-ask them to put a warranty on them,if they won't, it isn't. It's frustrating when you see a newbie buy one and you know it's quite possible that he'll go back to smoking or have fits.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern Michigan
    Hate polyfill, love my clearo's. Won't go back. I am trying the new stuff though. Vivi, Phoenix and new C8 arrive today!

I too hate the taste of polyfill. I've tried boge and smoketek....they both taste nasty. I have a Mom and Pop mini-sub tank that works great, but the polyfill messes with the taste of the juice. I can't believe none of the manufacturers have come up with a clearomizer type for tanks!

I also use Stardust, and have Phoenix and vivi nova arriving today.....but would like to be able to use standard tanks without dealing with the polyfill taste.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Hate polyfill, love my clearo's. Won't go back. I am trying the new stuff though. Vivi, Phoenix and new C8 arrive today!

I do too but, I use a reliable device to avoid it. Try a Reo with an atomizer. Not a device for a newb but, something that frustrates then isn't either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread