Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The Lavatube would be a fine budget backup, it doesn't like lower ohms or DC due to the limiter kicking in without notice. On mine the low battery cut off didn't work, not a big deal since it'll read battery voltage and most say it does on theirs.

For the price and keeping in mind it limits automatically without notice, it's good mod for the price.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
look for version 1.5 if you can't wait for version 2 LT.

I think the amp limit is 3.

same internals but I think V.2 has the new body style... not sure what the Apollo SS is though... V.1 internals with V2 body? :confused:

It's really hard to say what's coming through the rumors but there is supposed to be a new version around the end of May I guess. That's why I'm waiting plus I would rather not pay introductory price for things..I have the money to buy a couple that I'm saving..if a great deal comes on a V1 I'll probably buy one though. I think what's coming is the chrome style body with the better screen/chip..one rumor was an even higher amp limit than the 1.5v too...

misterkai

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego
CrystalClearVaping says they have the new LT with the higher current limit in stock now. It's $75, so it better be higher. They're a pretty straight up vendor, so I'd tend to take their word for it.

I wonder if the higher amp limit is the only change with that device, or if the internals have been upgraded at all (i.e. activator button quality)... Can you please post a link to it? I could only find a description and no purchase link for it below the original Lavatube on the crystalclearvaping site...

Last edited:

misterkai

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego
Yeah be careful your provari may become your backup like it did for me and my LT mini is my main mod. Now I have the SS LT mini and am super happy. My provari is #3. Just my experience.

This is actually quite surprising to me! My post was intended to be tongue-in-cheek. I could not see myself having a device like the Provari and using it as secondary to my Lavatube. Even though I do enjoy the Lavatube very much and think that it's a GREAT device for the price, I have no doubt that the Provari V2 is superior in many ways...

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
What do prefer about the Lavatube? I have a LT and enjoy it very much, but I'm tempted to invest in the Provari. I'm curious why you have both but still use the LT more.

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but off the top of my head, I can think of a couple reasons that an LT might get more use than a Provari.
It's lighter and easier to carry around. It's cheaper and less disastrous if it's damaged at the beach, or at work, or on a camping trip. It gives a perfectly good vape if you're the type who sticks to SR cartos. It's less likely to be stolen from the bar. It's semi-pocketable due to its weight. It's more convenient to adjust.
Given those things, if you're out and about a lot, or work somewhere hazardous to PVs, a LT could easily get more use.

misterkai

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego
I know this question wasn't directed at me, but off the top of my head, I can think of a couple reasons that an LT might get more use than a Provari.
It's lighter and easier to carry around. It's cheaper and less disastrous if it's damaged at the beach, or at work, or on a camping trip. It gives a perfectly good vape if you're the type who sticks to SR cartos. It's less likely to be stolen from the bar. It's semi-pocketable due to its weight. It's more convenient to adjust.
Given those things, if you're out and about a lot, or work somewhere hazardous to PVs, a LT could easily get more use.

Many good points!

Seattle40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
Seattle,Wa
Out and about & at work - Provari 18650
Home, in the house - Provari Mini
Yardwork or garagework - Lavatube

Attachments

• My PV's 025.jpg
    My PV's 025.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 917

misterkai

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego
Will the Apollo hold the voltage till the end of battery like the Provari?

This is the manufacturer's claim, but I think there is some user debate around this. I personally feel like mine does in fact hold the voltage very effectively. Here's a very comprehensive youtube video review of it including charts that show all aspects of it's performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread