third hand darwin, no warranty info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batsu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2010
oregon
so i got a darwin in trade, i believe i am the third owner, no way to be certain about it. i was wondering if anyone else had ever been in this situation before. i do not have the required info to get the warranty transferred into my name. i do not think that the person i got it from has that info either, and going back to the original owner... well im not even sure that is possible. after speaking to brandon over at evolv i was told that i either needed the invoice number of the order or the name of the person that bought it in the beginning. i have none of this info, when i did the trade i was unaware that this was needed to get the warranty. any idea what i can do? brandon is aware of the situation, but im not sure what can be done, as i have been pretty much left in the dark on his side. am i SOL? cause that would seriously suck... at my wits end.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Contact the person you got it from and find out who he got it from...contact original owner....get info from him....Brandon provides excellent CS, but can only so much...you need to get the info to verify proof of purchase, warranty date, etc...warranty on Darwin is 2 yrs. and 1 yr. on the battery....date of purchase set the warranty period....without that, who knows what the warranty period is?

Hope this helps....you should be able to track it back, unless it could be a stolen unit...it does happend...

Last edited:

Batsu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2010
oregon
i don't think i can track it back to the first owner, i have tried this avenue already, and been in contact with the person i got it from. hes looking into it. the crappy thing is if i wanna sell or trade it, nobody wants a darwin with no warranty. my mistake for not looking into the warranty thing a little better.

Batsu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2010
oregon
i got it taken care of, kinda, i reached a deal with someone who was well aware of the warranty issue, and we are both happy with the outcome, i got what i wanted, and he gets a darwin. it is what it is, but i agree, im not sure why i couldnt just send it to brandon and he would know where the darwin came from or who bought it, but whatever, i sent it out today to the new owner.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
I dont think serial numbers are the problem, Evolv isnt the only company that does things this way, Provape does it by order number, I think that what we are talking about is this is to guard against theft, if someone got their Darwin stolen I highly doubt they would give the warranty info to the theif, but if they sell it, its a little different.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
FYI, most PV's do not have transferable warranties, but the Darwin does (with the proper paperwork). Kinda weak, IMO, to expect Evolv to warranty one without paperwork just to aid in selling a third hand unit....but it is what it is....

FYI, Evolv used to send out replacement (new units) to customers to replace units that needed service. Evolv only asked that the unit needing service be returned. There were several customers that did not return the units(thus the new unit was stolen), so Evolv had to change its policy. So, there are stolen units out there, and it is only reasonable that a proof-of-purchase is required to maintain the warranty....

i got it taken care of, kinda, i reached a deal with someone who was well aware of the warranty issue, and we are both happy with the outcome, i got what i wanted, and he gets a darwin. it is what it is, but i agree, im not sure why i couldnt just send it to brandon and he would know where the darwin came from or who bought it, but whatever, i sent it out today to the new owner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread