Difference in production between Boge and Boge XXL

Status
Not open for further replies.

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
I ordered a bunch of Boge SR and Boge XXL SR cartos for my Phiniac and Phiniac Tallboy. I notice that the vapor production, throat hit, and general feeling is much better from the standard size. I punched the holes myself, two in the XXL and one in the regular.

Could the single hole make it better than two? Could there be a difference between regular and XXL for taste and production?

The XXL is only 2 days old, maybe 10ml used through it so far so I doubt it's too gunked up.

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
I'm really starting to think longer cartos just don't do it for me. I threw out the old one and punched a new one, single hole. The only difference seems to be that it's louder and takes in more air or something. It's a shame because I love the convenience of the tallboy but can't handle the air without heavy delivery.

One thing I did notice, the cartos slide in and out of the tallboy much much easier than my Phiniac regular. Could my o-rings that came with the tallboy just suck? Not sure if loose o-rings gripping the cart could cause the whole noisy airflow thing.

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
Do you use the same PG/VG mix in both cartos? What about the color of each? Other then the ability to hold more juice. There really isn't much of a difference for XXL cartos. Besides condensation but, that's a whole different matter altogether. Once hole is sufficient for high PG juices while VG. Requires 2 or maybe 3 holes.

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
Do you use the same PG/VG mix in both cartos? What about the color of each? Other then the ability to hold more juice. There really isn't much of a difference for XXL cartos. Besides condensation but, that's a whole different matter altogether. Once hole is sufficient for high PG juices while VG. Requires 2 or maybe 3 holes.

Exact same juice in both.

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
Now I'm wondering if it's the punched hole size. The XXL I punched, the first time with two holes and the second time with one. The regular was pre-punched, and I notice that the hole is much bigger. I'm guessing a larger hole would help more than two because it lets in bulk, not just flow.

I've been using a 1/4 inch saddle valve, I've read a few people here talk about using a 1 and 1/4 inch. I'll have to check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread