New to Boba's....need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bypassoverload

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Athens, Ga
Ok, I just got Bobas in today. It smells awesome! Here is my problem. I loaded up my carto and take a puff and it is good stuff, take a second puff burnt carto taste. I have tried the tarian spin, I have tried warming it up etc..
I cant seem to get the carto properly saturated.
I am on the verge of licking it out of the bottle..:blink:

Also, on steeping. Do I just leave the lid of for a while, or do I just put it in a dark place?
-RA

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Try this:

stick a condom on the end, drip some juice in until it starts to pool on top (skip that step if you did the condom-fill method since there's already juice there), then give it a good hard suck or two with the condom still on. This will force the juice into the filler, just repeat as necessary until no more soaks in. a newbie posted that a while ago and it really does work :) Honestly, it's not something I ever would have thought to try until I had seen that post

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
That would make sense because your sucking drawing the condom in which in return would pull the juice down to fill it up :ohmy:

Try this:

stick a condom on the end, drip some juice in until it starts to pool on top (skip that step if you did the condom-fill method since there's already juice there), then give it a good hard suck or two with the condom still on. This will force the juice into the filler, just repeat as necessary until no more soaks in. a newbie posted that a while ago and it really does work :) Honestly, it's not something I ever would have thought to try until I had seen that post

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
If you are lazy, like me, there is always the 1/2 oz. needle bottle: Half ounce bottle with needle tip

Shameless plug, I know but these damn things work. My only problem is that I'm too lazy to swap out juices in them so I have like 10 filled up on my desk for every flavor I could be using.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
lol nice..... the best advise is the one you can make money from :D

If you are lazy, like me, there is always the 1/2 oz. needle bottle: Half ounce bottle with needle tip

Shameless plug, I know but these damn things work. My only problem is that I'm too lazy to swap out juices in them so I have like 10 filled up on my desk for every flavor I could be using.

knivesout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
MT
Try this:

I tried this too, and it does work although a little slowly. With the thick AVE juices, I've just been leaving the bottom condom on the carto (battery connection end), dripping a few drops into the carto, then "thermometer shaking" the carto until the top of the filler material looks dry again.
WTND_Chapter_3_Page_31_shaking.png

Shibby McThrice

Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Calgary, AB
It's true unfortunately. Boba's is 100% VG which is a super thick liquid. I've tried every method of filling a carto with 100% VG juices. Condom (doesn't absorb), Tarin spin (doesn't absorb), needle (absorbs, but you're only going to puff a bit before burnt poly). I've personally concluded that almost all 100% VG juice has to be enjoyed through an atomizer (using a 3.7V silver bullet with a 1.5 ohm Cisco bridgless atomizer). I don't mind at all, as I think the taste of boba's (WELL shaken and steeped about 2 weeks) is the absolute best way to enjoy my favorite flavor in 3 months. Hope this helps!

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
I had a heck of a time with AV juices initially due to their viscosity. Normal condom method and syringe did not help.

So, I use a modified condom method combined with patience and it works great. Here's my technique for AV juices:

Fresh carto... I fill the condom about 2/3rds full, then push the carto down slowly (like over a 10-15 second period) looking down the center hole to make sure the juice doesn't just flow up there. My goal is to keep the top completely dry right now.

I do this 2/3rds full/push down two times (this is on the larger Resurrector cartos, YMMV).

Then just fill the condom about 1/4 full or so (maybe 5-8 drops), put the condom on partially (leaving about 1/4" or so hanging the bottom), then gently squeeze the bottom of the condom to force the juice up. Again, I don't let it just flow up the center and flood the top... I keep the bubble forming there just at the top surface by controlling the amount I'm squeezing.

When the condom is dry, refill the condom and repeat this squeezing method until I start seeing the filler on the top start to turn dark from the juice coming up from the bottom of the filler. It's very obvious if the top is still dry and white.

Repeat (maybe with less juice in the condom, as you're getting close to done now), and eventually you'll see juice bubble up from all over the filler and around the sides. I let it sit for another few minutes to soak in well, blow it out into a tissue a bit, and vape.

I top off through the top, but every few days I repeat the partial fill / squeeze method to fill from the bottom again when the flavor tends to get muted.

Hope this helps...

Kenji

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Ca
I have found what works with BB and all its thick goodness. Its the Vision Grande from Gotvapes. No mods are needed just fill let soak for about 2 mins, rolling it arond to get the wicks (4) to absorb and there you go. No dry hits, works everytime. Only gripes I have about grand is the mouth piece gets hot real quick and for some weird reason there is like maybe a drop of leaking or something at the top. Nothing more then a drop and it will stay there all day but its there and it bugs the hell out of me. Over all it works and takes BB like a champ. I would be greatful of others will list what works with BB in a tank type style with no crazy mods or anything. I havent tried a normal tank system because i do not have something to slit it with or to punch a hole in it. Last question, I like the taste of BB but would asking for extra shot of flavor kill it ? or make it must better. I am about to order 100mls. Let me know thanks LOL

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
I've been using boges with boba's and gorilla juice in tanks for months. I don't ever prefill the carto, I set it up in the tank, fill tank (a bit too much), put the top cap on, pull it off, refill, repeat 2 or 3 times until the top of the filler is wet. At that point, I let it sit 5-10 minutes to saturate, blow it out and vape away. That has been the most efficient way for me.

Ultimately, once you think it's full, let it sit for at least 5 minutes to make sure there aren't any dry spots in the filler.

craftmath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Wilson, NC
I've been using boges with boba's and gorilla juice in tanks for months. I don't ever prefill the carto, I set it up in the tank, fill tank (a bit too much), put the top cap on, pull it off, refill, repeat 2 or 3 times until the top of the filler is wet. At that point, I let it sit 5-10 minutes to saturate, blow it out and vape away. That has been the most efficient way for me.

Ultimately, once you think it's full, let it sit for at least 5 minutes to make sure there aren't any dry spots in the filler.

Andy... couple of questions for ya. What tank are you using? When you refer to putting the top cap back on... are you using the top cap as a way to force air down which pushes the juice through the holes into the carto? How many holes do you have in the carto.... or are you slotting? Thanks.
I use Boge's as well, but fill the tank differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread