Reduced flavor with reduced nic level or just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanderk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Louisville, KY
My first all day vape was ms T's snicker doodle at 24mg. Nic... I was vaping a lot and getting sore throat and told probably too much nic, so I ordered 18mg. Still love it but using same equip, except new carto, flavor is not as pronounced as the 24mg batch. I am using an egoT battery with boge LR cartomizer... Are my taste buds acting up, or has anyone else experienced this?
:confused: Getting ready to place new order and not sure what strength I should go with. TIA

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US
A lot of things can be a factor here, when considering juices in general. I've never tried the same juice at different levels, so keep that in mind!

I guess let me ask a few questions before I give any insight. How long since you quit stinkies? Do you still use them? How long of a period of time were you vaping at 24mg? How long at 18mg?

sanderk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Louisville, KY
Thanks ksamim! To answer your questions, I have been mostly vaping since mid feb. of this year, but still have 2-3 stinkies a day. I used 24mg. Exclusively, ms t and other brands until about 2 weeks ago. Now, I use mostly 18 mg. but do keep a carto of 24 ( not ms t, cuz I'm out) to rotate to when cravings are bad, or stress is high.

sanderk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Louisville, KY
Thanks for the input everyone... It sounds like it may be my taste buds then... I also don't care for the strong throat hit but maybe going from 24 to 18 was too big of a drop to fast for me. I didn't realize ms t would customize the nic level so I think I will try a bottle of 20 and see how that tastes. I have also read that sometimes your taste buds kind of get burned out and switching to a different flavor or no flavor for a few days can help. Now the big decision... What new flavor should I try...mwhaaaa.... :D
You guys are awesome, thanks so much for taking the time to help... I appreciate you all!

radicalfrog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Boothbay Harbor Maine
www.mstsbakery.com
I had to answer this before I went to bed. Flavor doesn't change. Only thing that changes is the nic amount. Very tired and I hope this made sense LMAOOO

Going Nite Nite
Smooches To Everyone
Ms T

PS Give the Unflavored a try. Brandon swears by this! LMAOO Don't ya Brandon?

Last edited:

sanderk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Louisville, KY
Id just keep vaping it and most likely your buds will kick back in all of a sudden. What kind of atty/carto are you using?

I'm using boge LR cartomizers with an ego battery. I have tried a fresh carto and still seemed to taste weak. I am getting low on this bottle and will surely be out before a new shipment arrives, might do me good to switch to another flavor for a while. Hope the taste buds kick back in soon, cuz I sure do love the snicker doodle!

sanderk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Louisville, KY
I had to answer this before I went to bed. Flavor doesn't change. Only thing that changes is the nic amount. Very tired and I hope this made sense LMAOOO

Going Nite Nite
Smooches To Everyone
Ms T

PS Give the Unflavored a try. Brandon swears by this! LMAOO Don't ya Brandon?

Thanks Ms. T. I will give the unflavored a try. I miss the full flavor of your juices, right now it just seems to be a tease! LOL!

sanderk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Louisville, KY
I went for a month or so with zero nic juices from Ms. T. While the flavor remained the same, it seemed that I could never take a big enough hit. No matter how long of a drag I took, or how much vapor I inhaled, it wasn't sufficient. I've since switched to a low nic alternative and all is better now.

That is interesting, knotguilty. So it seems that there is some relationship between nic level and taste/flavor satisfaction to some of us. I have also tried the looooong drags and chain vaping. I think I will try unflavored juice for a few days and see if that helps, i feel satisfied as far as getting my nic fix and hate to go back up on that. Thanks!

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
For me, there is a definite relationship between nic level and vape satisfaction.

I think it's a physical & mental thing. Without the nic, the body & mind tell you something is missing with the vape. I looked for that missing element by taking longer & bigger drags at more frequent intervals. Now that I have switched from zero nic to 10mg nic, I'm now vaping normally again.

Nicotine is an addictive agent that can play tricks with your mind when it is removed from your daily routine. Your body craves it in order to curb the withdrawals.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I found that dropping my Nic level by only 2mg's at a time was the best way to go without noticing a big change, started vaping at 36mg almost 3yrs ago, went to 24ng in month 3 and stayed there for about a year, dropped 2mg's about every 3rd month for a while and now stuck at 12mg's. Try adjusting with only -2mg's at a time, it works, you will vape a bit more but who cares your dropping MG Levels if its what your trying to do this works well.

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US
Yeah, this is universally true for all liquids, regardless of make. TH has a lot to do with nicotine level, unless you are using particularly harsh juices, such as cinnamon, which can simulate the TH without the need of nicotine. As far as flavor, nic level should have no bearing, especially if what I know about Ms. T's super secret mixing methods are true. That is, nicotine is not part of the equation for bringing the flavor out of a juice.

Occam's razor states that the likely culprit is chain vaping the same flavor and becoming inured to the taste of that particular juice. Swap out and get back to us on what you think.

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
My first all day vape was ms T's snicker doodle at 24mg. Nic... I was vaping a lot and getting sore throat and told probably too much nic, so I ordered 18mg. Still love it but using same equip, except new carto, flavor is not as pronounced as the 24mg batch.
If your snickerdoodle is new, let it steep for a bit. It could be that your new snickerdoodle hasn't peaked yet.

Also, cinnamon has been known to cause throat irratations. It might be the other ingredients in the juice causing the irratation, not the nic as you suspect.

Just some random thoughts on the matter . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread