The Echo Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECFadmin

Administrator
Admin
Aug 7, 2014
Now that there are more Echo users it was suggested we start a thread for the New Echo. It is an awesome PV and deserves its own thread.
The Standard Echo comes with either the 650 or 1300 automatic batteries. It has a 3 ml carto that holds closer to 3.5 on a new one and 3 ml on refills. The carto is designed to last for at least 100 refills.
The battery is awesome and lasts me for 18 hours of vaping and the carto lasts me 12 hrs until I have to refill.
I thought I would repeat some of that for new people joining the thread.

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
This has probably been covered before but this is a big thread and I couldn't find an answer. I'm a long time Echo user and I've recently picked up an Echo-e with some single coil cartos. Now I love everything about the Echo especially the single coil cartos, so I was expecting good things from the Echo-e set up. The performance of the Echo-e cartos has been really disappointing, i'm lucky to get through a day before they develop a really harsh feeling in my throat and the flavours become lost in an almost burnt taste. I know how to use cartos and i'm keeping them nice and wet. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried the Echo-e cartos with plenty of different juices all with the same result. I use a 70pg/30vg ratio.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I don't know I've never seen that happen unless the OP decides to close it. I will find out! I can't find the moderators listed any longer either. Maybe they are making changes for some reason. I see they closed an eGo c thread too and it wasn't as long or old as ours. I guess it doesn't make any difference as long as the old link is here on the second post. Just a little strange closing it without any explanation.:confused:

I do wish I could edit that first post about the 100 refills though. I guess it is true if you clean them and dryburn the coil you can get 100 refills. I've never popped a coil in one yet and after one year of using the echo I've only had one DOA.
:2cool:

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
This has probably been covered before but this is a big thread and I couldn't find an answer. I'm a long time Echo user and I've recently picked up an Echo-e with some single coil cartos. Now I love everything about the Echo especially the single coil cartos, so I was expecting good things from the Echo-e set up. The performance of the Echo-e cartos has been really disappointing, i'm lucky to get through a day before they develop a really harsh feeling in my throat and the flavours become lost in an almost burnt taste. I know how to use cartos and i'm keeping them nice and wet. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried the Echo-e cartos with plenty of different juices all with the same result. I use a 70pg/30vg ratio.

I haven't tried any echo-e's since the first batch a year ago. You might try pushing down the filler with a straw maybe you got a bad batch. It sounds like you aren't getting liquid to the coil. What supplier did you get them from?

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
There is a thread in the site feedback area about it. Lame. Its a measure to keep load on the server down, any thread with more than X posts will have this happen to it.

I see it is happening all over the forum now. I thought it was just our thread at first. I'm off to bed see eveyone later in the AM.

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
I haven't tried any echo-e's since the first batch a year ago. You might try pushing down the filler with a straw maybe you got a bad batch. It sounds like you aren't getting liquid to the coil. What supplier did you get them from?

Thanks for your suggestion, i'll give it a try and let you know how it went. I got my gear direct from Hangsen.

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
There is a thread in the site feedback area about it. Lame. Its a measure to keep load on the server down, any thread with more than X posts will have this happen to it.

I wonder what kind of server ECF run so it could get bogged down by 'long thread'... or maybe it's the forum software it run. Oh well, it sucks because the original thread is coming to its 1st birthday soon :(

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Isn't it time for the echo to get it's own spot anyway?

Adam, how many echo-e cartos do you have? I have been less than thrilled with the echo-e cartos vs the 808 echomizers but it sounds like typical coil misplacement. If you have an empty one, look down the tube while pulsing the button and see the coil glowing. make sure it's perfectly in the middle of the tube and not up against it in any way.

Your not alone though. I've tried the echo-es at different voltage and just don't get the same quality of vape. Others have mentioned this as well.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
I discovered all the c**p this morning trying to follow threads that I normally read. Some forum members have been complaining that the threads with a lot of pages are loading too slowly. These are the folks probably who have mega-gig video cards and probably have to have a fire extinguisher handy in case their PCs blow up from too much power. I'm really disappointed that the grousing of the few is now affecting the multitudes with confusing thread breaks and continuations. Possibly they should have their own server where they can gabble amongst themselves and leave the great unwashed plebians alone to suffer with 5 second page loads instead of 1 nano second page loads.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
It would be a good ideal as far as having different threads for different tutorials and other info if we had our own spot.
I would like to keep this one going so new people can easily find it and check out the basic info so they can determine if they would like to try an Echo. Anyone that would like to check into it or start one I would be completely supportive of it.
:2cool:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I discovered all the c**p this morning trying to follow threads that I normally read. Some forum members have been complaining that the threads with a lot of pages are loading too slowly. These are the folks probably who have mega-gig video cards and probably have to have a fire extinguisher handy in case their PCs blow up from too much power. I'm really disappointed that the grousing of the few is now affecting the multitudes with confusing thread breaks and continuations. Possibly they should have their own server where they can gabble amongst themselves and leave the great unwashed plebians alone to suffer with 5 second page loads instead of 1 nano second page loads.

Goodness Lulu, don't think I've seen you riled up before. :)

Errol

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Hi guys.........that really felt good.........I haven't "gone off" of anybody since I retired...well maybe a couple :D Anyhow my career path was Information Technology and when I started on that path it was populated 99.9% with men (we're gong back to the late 50's now so don't take offense) who were of the opinion that women should follow only the B&F career path. (B&F = barefoot and pregnant). I was writing machine language code for a behemoth Honeywell main frame that had an iron core and the programmer had to address each "bit" in the core to put a executable program together. I had to learn to defend myself careerwise so not to be overlooked when the promotions came around. Fast forward to 2004. I retired with a phenomenal amount of knowledge gained from OJT through the years and the respect of my peers. I once had a supervisor who asked for a letter of recommendation from my then employer. That letter to my future employer concluded with "...........and she does not suffer fools gladly." I enjoy myself immensly here and y'all are all The Best!!

kren

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2012
PA
On another heavy-use site I belong to, the threads are routinely closed and new ones started after a certain post count. It has something to do with server load or whatever. I don't find it a big deal; I just sticky the new thread.

Anyway, hi everyone - haven't checked in in several weeks, but wanted to post to say that I'm going fine with my first-and-only Echo setup. I'm so lucky I found you guys after the obligatory gas station buy that got me thinking about e-cigs at all.

I had a lapse last weekend when I was holding a yard sale and found five cigs in a pack from a year ago inside a tote full of stuff to sell. Proving that we never quite rid ourselves of our addictions, I promptly smoked all five that day. But that was it - they tasted like crap and I got very dizzy and I haven't had any urge to go buy a pack at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread