What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

ECFadmin

Administrator
Admin
Aug 7, 2014
Original thread :
What's under your lip/in your nose right now?

Copy of first post of original thread by olderthandirt December 16, 2009 :

More folks are finding out about the use of smokeless tobacco products as a means to augment vaping in the quest to either stop smoking or remain smoke free.

Tropical Bob has been the voice around here when it comes to trying alternate methods of remaining smoke free so as always...

Thanks T Bob!

Whole idea behind this thread is to simply cite the snus or chew or snuff you are using at the time you post.

IMHO the benefit of a thread like this to those new to smokeless as well as those who've been at it for awhile is that it provides a way to get a quick scan of actual manufacturer names and brands to consider trying.

Simple post or elaborate, let's see what happens! I'll start it off...

Last edited by a moderator:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Yup what's under your lip sniffed in your knows and whatever else in your life you care to talk about. Perhaps the only thread you don't have to use OT to be politically correct.

My only comment made through very tired eyes is YES! i AGAIN HAVE A FULLY FUNCTIONING NETBOOK. It took me to looking in the Yahoo Yellow pages for a computer repair shop at two in the morning and finally goggling the right link but the mystery is solved. An expensive little jaunt into by sleep bank, but the satisfaction of working out of the jam myself was worth it.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Wow........Old thread closed? Wonder why? I think we need to pay homage to the OP of the first thread OlderThanDirt(OTD),who also happens to be the author of post #1 of this continuation thread.

Sniff and Snus On people!(Howdy Roth)

:)Wiz!

edit:Forgot to pay homage to my good friend Hittman! "Keeper of the Flame". You are/were the heart and soul of this/that thread IMO!

Last edited:

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
This is an abomination........ it will never be the same......... life is over as we know it........don't know why...... though it was loading a bit slow as of late

Wonder if there is a magic number for the cut off

Ettan white

Just a reminder....... there are still no happy bunnies permitted on this thread and they will be SHOT ON SIGHT

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
This is an abomination........ it will never be the same......... life is over as we know it........don't know why...... though it was loading a bit slow as of late

Ettan white

Just a reminder....... there are still no happy bunnies permitted on this thread and they will be SHOT ON SIGHT
I just wonder if Hittman knows about this? Yikes!!!!!!

Just vapin'(But I do own a lifetime supply of snuff)

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Wow, the old one closed. I'm gonna miss it.

Wiz, you're right about an homage to OTD. A quick mention of Dgriego should be made too. She was great for describing snuff's. And Hittman is definitely the engine that keeps this train rolling.

We'll have to leave a light on for TV as well.

I've got a chocomint in right now. I've been using it more the past few day's and the mint isn't nearly as sweet as the cool mint. Did I say that before?

Just relaxing after work with:

Thunder chocomint
nada

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning. I can't believe it, they shut us down. I too would like to show my appreciation to OTD as the originator of that thread. I hope TV can find us if he ever comes back. To be honest, I thought they would cut us off long before now. Don't give up hope, we can rebuild this thread into a shadow of the last one. However it might be difficult without OTD, TV, Vaporer and the rest. They did grab the attention of Wiz though. He was around the smokeless section before I knew that it existed. And of course there's stubby who I consider somewhat of a snus guru.

Ok, that's enough of the mushy crap. I gotta get to work. I hope everyone has a quality day.

Thunder berry
    coffee

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Wow, the old one closed. I'm gonna miss it.

Wiz, you're right about an homage to OTD. A quick mention of Dgriego should be made too. She was great for describing snuff's. And Hittman is definitely the engine that keeps this train rolling.

We'll have to leave a light on for TV as well.

I've got a chocomint in right now. I've been using it more the past few day's and the mint isn't nearly as sweet as the cool mint. Did I say that before?

Just relaxing after work with:

Thunder chocomint
    nada
    Yep.......Honorable mention to TV and DG,(as well as yourself old friend). It certainly was one hell of a thread! I guess i can stick around this new one for awhile(since i can keep up with a fresh start),as long as Hittman will let me!:)

PS SLM
    Dean Swift Dr. Johnson

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Good morning. I can't believe it, they shut us down. I too would like to show my appreciation to OTD as the originator of that thread. I hope TV can find us if he ever comes back. To be honest, I thought they would cut us off long before now. Don't give up hope, we can rebuild this thread into a shadow of the last one. However it might be difficult without OTD, TV, Vaporer and the rest. They did grab the attention of Wiz though. He was around the smokeless section before I knew that it existed. And of course there's stubby who I consider somewhat of a snus guru.

Ok, that's enough of the mushy crap. I gotta get to work. I hope everyone has a quality day.

Thunder berry
    coffee
    Sorry Stubby............Forgot you! Forgive me!(You too Firechick,Roth,Axel and anyone else regular from the previous thread I may have forgotten due to a bad memory!)

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    Hey Wiz. It's good to see you around. I wonder if OTD knows how many folks he has helped get off cigarette's just by starting that thread? I don't even remember when I smoked my last one.

No overtime this week, I told them I wanted off this Friday. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Getting ready for work with:

Thunder O
    Coffee

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good for you skrymr. You have been working a few Fridays haven't you? Has anyone else tried the green harvest snus? I can't decide what I'm tasting in it. The salt content seems somewhat high but other than that I 'm not sure what the flavor is.

green harvest
    diet coke

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    Yeah Hitt, I've worked the last 4 or 5. It will be nice to have a 3 day weekend again. I'm really looking forward to the Avenger's.

I just scanned through my posts on the old thread. I've been snussin' since January of 2010. It' s hard to believe it's been that long. My first was General Portions bought locally.

I am really grateful for everyone that has been a part of it. It is a great support group we have here.

feeling a little nostalgic with:

Thunder O
    Coffee

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Wiz I think it is me that should be the one asking if it's ok to stick around. You've got seniority on me. I would be very happy to have you here as a regular again. Some of us here still vape along with our smokeless use too.
    Nope! Your thread Hitt! I'm just visiting.........Seniority means nothing anymore........It's activity that counts!:)

Hey Wiz. It's good to see you around. I wonder if OTD knows how many folks he has helped get off cigarette's just by starting that thread? I don't even remember when I smoked my last one.

No overtime this week, I told them I wanted off this Friday. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Getting ready for work with:

Thunder O
    Coffee
    I know when I had my last analog Skrymr...........Just can't remember what it tasted like? Probably like crap I suppose! LOL! If this thread even helped 1 person retire from smoking,then it was a worthwhile effort!

PS SLM
    Gawith Cola

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I won't comment on the last cig thing. However, I think I started using snus around the same time as Skrymr. My first was camel and my first Swedish was general mini mints. It didn't take too long to graduate to regular, strong, and extra strong portions. TV got me interested in the thunder berry and I've been using that one for a long time. I start almost every day with one.

General mint
    Coffee

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York

I think the magic number is 5,000. We managed nearly 3x that.:p

Quote from another sub forum "Guest, has closed a few other threads in the forum also... It is a new automated function that splits threads once they hit 5,000 posts - it still has a few glitches, but is supposed to help speed up ECF... "

Thanks for keeping the bunny watch!

Pizza
    soon to be Ettan

Last edited:

SimplySnus

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2011
    Upstate New York
    www.SnusForum.net
    General Ekstra Sterk Portion

general_extra_strong_24gr.jpg

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    We was the longest, most enduring, most endearing thread in ECF. It probably took them this long to find us. I've been cig free for 2 years 1 month and 18 days due to this thread, direction from T Bob that led me here, TV's warm welcome followed by Hitt's ever presence. Every else has made this just feel like an extended family.

The sad part is that the old thread will slowly drift off into the deep sea that is time. Hopefully TV will eventually find us, We miss you!.

The old thread was so long that I never went back to the beginning, but some such as Wiz and OTD showed up once in a while just to say hey. Wiz it's good to see you post a few again.

Mint & IW

Users who are viewing this thread