Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Will they work with Empire mods drip tips?

Nope. But you can get a 306 to 510 drip tip adapter at avid vaper. Then they'll take any 510/901 drip tip you prefer.

As to attys: I am pretty fond of the Cisco Spec 306, but I've really gotten hooked on the hh.357. I personally prefer the 2.0 ohm and I run it around ~4.3 or 4.4v.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Nope. But you can get a 306 to 510 drip tip adapter at avid vaper. Then they'll take any 510/901 drip tip you prefer.

As to attys: I am pretty fond of the Cisco Spec 306, but I've really gotten hooked on the hh.357. I personally prefer the 2.0 ohm and I run it around ~4.3 or 4.4v.

I meant drip shield......

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Pretty typical is a lot of people are actually happy with 8W, around 2.5 ohms/4.5V or 3 ohms/5V. You may nudge it up for some tobaccos, or just to provide a bit more kick during the day.

I used 3 ohms for months on the original Infinity and Buzz Pro, very happy, When I picked up my tank I switched to 2.5 ohm fusions, still excellent run time and I had the option to go slightly higher on BP on power, though realistically I almost never go above 10W. With my VVPV the 2.5 ohm IO6 atty was a no-brainer to me, again I stay mainly at 8W, 4.5V, will bump up or down slightly during the day.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Pretty typical is a lot of people are actually happy with 8W, around 2.5 ohms/4.5V or 3 ohms/5V. You may nudge it up for some tobaccos, or just to provide a bit more kick during the day.

I used 3 ohms for months on the original Infinity and Buzz Pro, very happy, When I picked up my tank I switched to 2.5 ohm fusions, still excellent run time and I had the option to go slightly higher on BP on power, though realistically I almost never go above 10W. With my VVPV the 2.5 ohm IO6 atty was a no-brainer to me, again I stay mainly at 8W, 4.5V, will bump up or down slightly during the day.

Thanks.

I simply love the 2ohm DC atties from CoV. They don't do well with bottomfeeders, but dripping is heaven with them! Haven't burnt one yet and they've been in my arsenal for almost 6 months.

Are dual coil attys offered from anyone else? CoV has a bad habit of sending you attys at a different resistance than what you ordered and I don't feel like dealing with that possibility.

Jason.Stewart

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
Downers Grove, IL
I simply love the 2ohm DC atties from CoV. They don't do well with bottomfeeders, but dripping is heaven with them! Haven't burnt one yet and they've been in my arsenal for almost 6 months.

What are you running this on? I am interested in DC atties and looking for something new...

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Hi Caged, I have a Buzz Pro, and I run 2.5 Fusion cartos from Isaac. I never have to turn my B Pro all the way up. I think the 2.5 would give you the most flexibility.

Are you the same Caged that makes Altoid Tin Mods for Smartvapes? If so, thanks for making more. I've been watching the site for awhile, and was able to order one today. I can't wait to get it.

If you aren't the same Caged, nevermind.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Hi Caged, I have a Buzz Pro, and I run 2.5 Fusion cartos from Isaac. I never have to turn my B Pro all the way up. I think the 2.5 would give you the most flexibility.

Are you the same Caged that makes Altoid Tin Mods for Smartvapes? If so, thanks for making more. I've been watching the site for awhile, and was able to order one today. I can't wait to get it.

If you aren't the same Caged, nevermind.

No. Is there an imposter running around?

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
My favorite atomizer is a Boge 3.0 ohm carto at 4.2v. 7 to 8 watts satisfies me just fine. If you want to develop a feel for wattage, use the chart below. Find your atomizer resistance and look at the wattage in the chart at various voltages.

Safe Power and Vaping Chart

Thanks so much for posting that Safe Power Vaping Chart!!! It's a really good quick reference for a beginner!

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc

hificat101 gives some great advice: IKENVAPES attys are really amongst the best. as you have been reading on this thread, amongst the experienced vapers, IKENVAPEs, ciscos, and the hh. 357s seem to get the consensus votes in terms of best flavor, plumes of vapor production, and longevity. experiment with any of the three brandings and you will likely not be dissapointed!

hificat101, i too have been keeping an eye out for those smartvapes altoids VVs. man, i just checked the site and they are already all gone; i suppose 60 bucks for VV is a deal that cannot be missed though! still, lately with all the buzz about safe batteries and safe mods i wonder if it might not be better to stick to mods with established reputations for safety? that being said, i am always poking around these forums looking at the absolutely beautiful handmade wood mods made by independent/smaller suppliers, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread