Nicotine Inhalator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Father Jack

Mar 10, 2008
London
There's a lot to be said for any product that replaces the deadly habit of smoking with a much safer way of enjoying nicotine. I personally find nicotine use very pleasurable and I'm relieved that there are so many safer ways of partaking these days.

I started by using the mini cig but found the taste to be off-putting so I now use the nicotine inhalator which delivers an extremely clean and pleasant nicotine hit.

In the initial stages of using nicotine without smoking you will always have a bad withdrawal from cigarettes if you cease immediately and replace it with either the e cigarette or use NRT. Why this is the case, I have no idea - I call it the four day dip where I feel nauseous, dizzy, foggy and generally out of it. By the fifth day of total abstinence from cigarettes there is a sudden change and I feel a million dollars - my body feels clean, I can breathe easier, and I'm much much more relaxed than I was when I was smoking. There is also a massive increase in energy.

I think this is an extremely important point that everybody should be aware of when making the switch. I'd personally advise the total abstinence of cigarettes and ride this 4 day dip as it's extremely rewarding when you come out the other side.

At present, I'm completely happy to consider the long term use of the nicotine inhalator as studies show that the long term use of nicotine is not harmful. I'm convinced I'll never use cigarettes to deliver nicotine to my body again.

So - whatever you decide to use, enjoy that nicotine but never - ever smoke those filthy and extremely dangerous cigarettes again.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
I have the USA prescription nicotine inhaler (Nicotrol, 10mg cartridge, 4mg delivered). It isn't bad.... the nic taste is peppery, I wouldn't describe it as clean but smooth I guess. My concern is that the "puff duration" required to get a hit is such that I end up run out of breath and lightheaded with about half the puffs... enough to give myself a headache if I try too hard. A cessation person told me of hearing similar complaints from others, that it needs a lot of pressure to get the nicotine out of it. You're pulling it out of there by force, if that makes sense.

edited to add: This is described as compared to ciggies and e-cigs. I do find it grand as compared to nothing at all! And using it in conjunction with other NRT products, where I don't have to get all my nic hit from the inhaler, mostly removes the problem as I'm not trying so hard to get the maximum nic hit.

sl9

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
UK
I tried the Nicorette Inhalator a few years ago. Unfortunately I found it to be rather unpleasant :( It gave me really harsh irritation to my throat (far away from the mild throat "hit" you get from normal cigs). It DID reduce or even remove my desire to smoke, but it actually made me feel worse than the nicotine withdrawal symptoms themselves so I had to stop using it :(

But I did really like the concept, and now that I've discovered electronic cigarettes, I couldn't be happier :D

I actually stopped smoking about seven years ago using a prescription product called Zyban. It worked fantastically and I stopped smoking easily. I stopped because I did nto want to smoke around the kids and did not like my house smelling. unfortunately, I have had a bad year and I started smoking again. not good. But using the e-cigs is keeping me from smoking the dreaded wead and I still get a similair feeling as I did from smoking. And to be honest, I do enjoy nicotine. I may try and stop entirely, but if I can stay with the e-cigs and not get any traditional cigs I will be happy enough with that.

If the inhalors work for you then keep at it. Everyone finds a different way of stopping or cutting down. You have to find the one that works best for you. :)

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I think the inhalator affect people in different ways. Every time I try them, I get absolutely nothing. No hit and still the desire to smoke. The nasal spray did get rid of the desire to smoke, but as it caused me extreme pain, wild uncontrollable sneezing fits for 10 minutes, it also took away the desire to live:)
I tried the Nicorette Inhalator a few years ago. Unfortunately I found it to be rather unpleasant :( It gave me really harsh irritation to my throat (far away from the mild throat "hit" you get from normal cigs). It DID reduce or even remove my desire to smoke, but it actually made me feel worse than the nicotine withdrawal symptoms themselves so I had to stop using it :(

But I did really like the concept, and now that I've discovered electronic cigarettes, I couldn't be happier :D

dazzer1975

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Rochdale...sadly.
The nasal spray did get rid of the desire to smoke, but as it caused me extreme pain, wild uncontrollable sneezing fits for 10 minutes, it also took away the desire to live:)

the nasal spray was the single best thing I ever tried before e cigs for getting that nicotine hit, trouble was as you describe the intense sneezing.. and the fact I used way more of the nasal stuff than I should have simply because the hit was so effective.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
the nasal spray was the single best thing I ever tried before e cigs for getting that nicotine hit, trouble was as you describe the intense sneezing.. and the fact I used way more of the nasal stuff than I should have simply because the hit was so effective.

Interestingly I can across an old spray so I thought WTH I'll give it a go, I've been using snuff a bit, maybe the nose will be OK

NO, NO, NO same reaction, pain, uncontrollable sneezing and this time I tripped over the dog, so I've got a sore wrist and the dog is hiding.

Nicorette Spray ? Just say NO

Bertrand

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
Nicotine gum, lozenges, etc. all caused digestive problems for me (it's loaded with artificial sweeteners, and as you're constantly consuming them you overload the enzymes that break them down.)

The adhesives in the patches caused a skin reaction.

Snuff and e-cigarettes have been the only smokeless products I have used that haven't caused a reaction - and snuff is illegal in Australia. (I think it started eating into cigarette profits a number of years ago.)

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Dont know if Im missing something here but why dont we all just vape the nicotine spray ?

Because:-

1: It's expensive
2: It tastes like the wrath of God
3: Ignore #2 It tastes like the wrath of Satan
4: I've tried and it's even worse than snorting the damn stuff

Seriously it is expensive £15 for 100mg of nicotine, it is heavily medicated with something, probably sulphuric acid.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Good on you Pete your a true pioneer and a guinea pig like me lol

and here I was ready to raid the chemist for Nic spray tommorow lol

I tried vaping it a few weeks ago, 1 drag, that's all it took!!! Should have learned but I had to try snorting the damn stuff. It's in the bin now, best place for it!

Bertrand

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
Snuff is illegal! What possible grounds do they have to do that? Lots of studies have shown that it is the safest form of tobacco use. Is the ban enforced or can it be obtained from outside the country?

I got some through customs, but at some point I'm sure they would seize it. It is a very stupid law. As I said, the only way I can see it having been brought in is under pressure from tobacco companies or to protect tobacco taxes (you don't need as much tobacco in it).

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I found the reverse of what you did, Pete, to work. Take a nicotine inhalor -- not a nasal spray device, but the one that looks like a fat cigarette -- and open it up. There's a core inside a tube. That core contained high-grade nicotine liquid whose vapors got sucked into your throat, providing a ferocious hit without any visible mist. Remove the core, soak it in your favorite flavored e-liquid and stuff it back in the tube. Now use it whenever you're anywhere where vaping might be questionable. I carry one of these on me at all times and have used it openly in doctor's offices. It's THEIR device to quit smoking so you get no questions. You do get good taste, however, and nicotine. Only good for about 10 hours before the nicotine dies off and you have to soak again.

Another thing I carry came from a cartridge/mouthpiece for the e-cigar. There's a screw-on plastic cap that covers the entire cartridge. Drill a small hole in the top end of the cap. Soak the cartridge with e-liquid, put the cap back on, and inhale. And this one I can keep clamped between my teeth any time I want to. You don't get visible vapors but you do get some nicotine each time you inhale.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Great idea TBob, I had tried the inhaltor as a means of giving up the weed and failed of course:) but as an emergency nic device, soaked in juice sounds good. Will give it a try and am going to drill the cover of a cigar cart and try that as well. I'm always looking for devices that are discreet, I can hide the vapour by holding it in, but it's not natural.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Hey Pete and TBob

Are you talking about the Nicorette Inhalator here ?
The advert for these things say each cartridge is 10mg of Nicotene.
If they are soaked in Wicked 18mg for instance how is the liquid vapourised and what strength would that make the Cartridge or are you just talking about getting some flavour ?
Or do you empty the original core first ?
They also recomend 12 Carts a day for the first few weeks.
12 Carts of 10mg Nic = 120mg ???
That's a bit strong is'nt it? I get worried when i use more than 1 18mg Standard e-liquid Carts a day.
How do these things work. I can't find any info about ingredients etc.
Somebody told me it was powder inside the Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread