Question... How to make the perfect menthol cig blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarTendor

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
Levittown! PA
Hi all... I am on a quest to make the best menthol mix that has a Newport or kool mild taste.
my first attempt I used 12% flavor from PA my sinuses were clear for 3 days and the mix was bitter, currently I am using a 10 % bubblegum 2% menthol both from PA it has a great taste but is not menthol any help would be appreciated

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Last edited:

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I've been fiddling with this for a while, and I haven't found a "right" combination, but some mixes were very good vapes, at least for me.

I use menthol crystals. I fill a beaker 3/4th with finely crushed crystals and top off with PG. I place the beaker in a warm-hot water bath and stir until everything dissolves. I then use this mix sparingly in juices. About 1% gives a slight cooling effect, 2% a menthol feel mostly on exhale, 3%+ strong menthol taste, above 5% it gets nasty (throat burn, bitter aftertaste).

As for menthol-tobacco, my best achievement (I'm new to this so it might be lame) is 2-3% of my menthol mix over a base of 2% VZ virginia, ~1% either TPA Bittersweet or Capella "Snick-Snack" and 1 drop / 10 ml of TA. I vary things a lot between mixes, so this is just an approximate. Basically I'd play with a "super-concentrated" mild tobacco flavor, a pinch of TA and some nutty / cocoa-ish / bitter note... Hope it helps, as tastes are so subjective. I see people use this "Seedman's commercial cigarette", but I never got it yet...

Another thing I like a lot is menthol + FA peppermint + EM or marshmallow (but that's more like candy-cane than menthol cigarette, lol)

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I was a menthol smoker for more decades than I'd care to reveal. One thing I'm sure of is that there's no vapable concoction that will fool you into believing you're smoking the real thing.

That said, the closest I've found is this: FSUSA's Menthol Ultra (which doesn't have the peppermint tones a lot of menthols do) spiked with a little bit of this: Real Cig Super Concentrated Flavor | Alcohol Based Flavoring - E Cig : Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | eGo Tank. For a believable menthol, you need Essence of Ashtray—not peppermint.

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
Tobacco Absolute (TA if you were not aware) is a great tobacco enchancer. Haven't really tried it as a base but if you come across some you'll prolly need to dilute it in pga. Whenever I add it to my tobac mixes it generally adds a bit of TH and kind-of deepens the earthy, tobacco taste. The two VapingZone flavors mentioned are decent. Real cig doesn't do it for me on it's own but mixed with some virginia flue cured, ta, and menthol... Makes a great vape.

BarTendor

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
Levittown! PA
Tobacco Absolute (TA if you were not aware) is a great tobacco enchancer. Haven't really tried it as a base but if you come across some you'll prolly need to dilute it in pga. Whenever I add it to my tobac mixes it generally adds a bit of TH and kind-of deepens the earthy, tobacco taste. The two VapingZone flavors mentioned are decent. Real cig doesn't do it for me on it's own but mixed with some virginia flue cured, ta, and menthol... Makes a great vape.

Trying that mix today... Thanx

BarTendor

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
Levittown! PA
I was a menthol smoker for more decades than I'd care to reveal. One thing I'm sure of is that there's no vapable concoction that will fool you into believing you're smoking the real thing.

That said, the closest I've found is this: FSUSA's Menthol Ultra (which doesn't have the peppermint tones a lot of menthols do) spiked with a little bit of this: Real Cig Super Concentrated Flavor | Alcohol Based Flavoring - E Cig : Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | eGo Tank. For a believable menthol, you need Essence of Ashtray—not peppermint.
I agree... It's more of a challenge

BarTendor

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
Levittown! PA
I've been fiddling with this for a while, and I haven't found a "right" combination, but some mixes were very good vapes, at least for me.

I use menthol crystals. I fill a beaker 3/4th with finely crushed crystals and top off with PG. I place the beaker in a warm-hot water bath and stir until everything dissolves. I then use this mix sparingly in juices. About 1% gives a slight cooling effect, 2% a menthol feel mostly on exhale, 3%+ strong menthol taste, above 5% it gets nasty (throat burn, bitter aftertaste).

As for menthol-tobacco, my best achievement (I'm new to this so it might be lame) is 2-3% of my menthol mix over a base of 2% VZ virginia, ~1% either TPA Bittersweet or Capella "Snick-Snack" and 1 drop / 10 ml of TA. I vary things a lot between mixes, so this is just an approximate. Basically I'd play with a "super-concentrated" mild tobacco flavor, a pinch of TA and some nutty / cocoa-ish / bitter note... Hope it helps, as tastes are so subjective. I see people use this "Seedman's commercial cigarette", but I never got it yet...

Another thing I like a lot is menthol + FA peppermint + EM or marshmallow (but that's more like candy-cane than menthol cigarette, lol)
I'll give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread