Rotating your batteries- how do you keep track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
So, the title basically says it.
After over a year of vaping and having to retire some old batteries, and buying new ones, I have decided that I really need to keep track of how I rotate batteries. I tried numbering them with a sharpie and charging in numerical order but the ink comes off after a little juice gets on a battery or from handling.

So....How does everyone mark their batteries in order to charge them in proper rotation?

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Thanks everyone- I think I'm going to have to put numbers on them. I too keep my batteries in my cases (I have zip up ones) and if one is spent, it goes in upside down. But since I have two others in the house that bring their batteries down and plop them on my desk for me to charge, it's hard to keep up with unless I number them....too many from too many people (although only 3) to keep up with keeps me from keeping up with them with any accuracy. My current method is like a couple of different people writing checks out of the same checking account and not reporting who wrote what....

Last edited:

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
i store my batts in little plastic boxes i got off ebay and rotate them in the boxes the position in the box tells me if its newly charged or the next one to be used

This is my method, I also have 2 boxes, one with all of my charged batteries, and one with batteries that need to be charged. I also keep my batteries in pairs, and the plastic boxes are labeled by date of when I got them, I generally have a solid memory so I can remember every vendor I got my batts from I currently have 10 18650s and 8 18500s and I charge every 10 to 14 days, this helps me to keep a general track on charge cycles.

I cant wait to get a VV Reo so i can add another 10 or so batteries to the bunch and limit my charge time down to basically 1 or 2 times a month.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I am constantly charging because I don't like batteries that get weak- I hardly ever let any get weak or drained to the point I don't get a good vape. When I get a Reo VV, I'll have to be even more meticulous as I understand you really need to charge in pairs so the batteries are a constant match.

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
I bought a pack of electrical tape in assorted colors at Walmart. Black, Red, Blue, White & Yellow, if memory serves. For my 18350 pairs, each gets a piece of the same color stuck to it with either an "A" or "B" written on the tape.

That makes it easy not to mix up battery pairs. Then , I store them in plastic battery boxes, and rotate those when a rest is needed.

Jeann

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
The Netherlands
we also charge constantly if possible, if not they are put next to the charger and wait their turn.

i used to just pile up in a little box when charged and then grab one when needed, now we line them up in a longer box, left for the ones freshly charged and right side we take the ones when needed. going out messes this system up but at least now i know they all are used on a regular basis.

i also label them with paper sticky labels (don't know the english word for them) and write with a pen on it. they stay relatively clean. they get a letter and a number on it like A1 or B1 when they arrive, the A serie will be older then the B serie.

every couple of months i do a test round, i make a list of their labels and then i fill that in to see how long they last on one charge and how the taste is. basicly only then i actually use their labels :laugh:

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
I have them labeled as sets...and individually numbered. For example....A1 & A2 or B1 & B2.
Same for me, plus the box thing. I have three pairs (used to be four but one pair started acting funny and I decided to retire). I keep one pair in the Reo. When it needs to be changed, I take out the leftmost pair from the box, move the rightmost one in the resulting leftmost space and insert, inverting poles, the one that needs recharging in the righmost space. It's like a circle, basically (well, it's called rotating... ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread