• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NOW what are you doing, Canada Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Code:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD]2012/05/08[/TD]
[TD]08:00[/TD]
[TD]BRAMPTON[/TD]
[TD]Item successfully delivered[/TD]
[TD]                             [/TD]
[TD]                                 
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]07:57[/TD]
[TD]BRAMPTON[/TD]
[TD]Item out for delivery[/TD]
[TD]                                 
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]07:38[/TD]
[TD]BRAMPTON[/TD]
[TD]Item processed at local delivery facility[/TD]
[TD]                                 
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD]2012/05/07[/TD]
[TD]20:38[/TD]
[TD]MISSISSAUGA[/TD]
[TD]Item processed at postal facility[/TD]
[TD]                                 
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]15:45[/TD]
[TD]NEWMARKET[/TD]
[TD]Item accepted at the Post Office
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

No. No it was not. It was not successfully delivered. My mailbox had my Jugheads shipment, junk mail, and nothing. Not even a card. Where's my Canvape package, Canada Post? The one you said was successfully delivered? Yes, I know you told me that sometimes they'll scan a package as delivered in the morning because the driver doesn't have one of those handheld scanners, but you'd sort of think that if it couldn't fit in my mailbox they might leave, I don't know, a notice?

So I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to see what happens and if it needs to be traced. *sigh*

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
Ahhh yes, the weak link rears it's ugly head again! Here's a couple for ya! One order placed last Wednesday from Vancouver Island and shipped the same day. Another order placed last Sunday and shipped on Monday morning (yesterday!), both packages arrived in Edmonton this morning! What does this prove? There must be a black hole hanging over the Rocky Mountains or something that manages to suck in CP packages ands make them disappear for a little while! Then there is also the vapemail package that arrives at the post office and a card is delivered to my house informing me I can pick it up the next day. When I arrived at the post office, I signed for my package where it was then handed to me empty with a huge gaping tear in the bottom of the envelope. When I looked at the lacky behind the counter with a look of WT* on my face, she looked down at the envelope and grabbed it and "well it's empty because it's got a hole in it!" I grabbed the envelope and walked away with a sigh knowing that the human race is doomed! Calling the 800 number to file a claim was an entirely different exercise in futility I might add!
Yes, CP is the weak link!

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
That's really weird about the redirected address, Zero. I've never seen nor heard of that one, but apparently the delivered status before delivery and missing notice cards are common (according to my post office lady)

Yeah its weird, I've never had that happen before and got REALLY freaked out. I only had enough Geoff's Blend to last me a couple more days. But I got lucky and it was here before I got home from work.

What sucks though is that they didn't even try to deliver it. No one buzzed up, no one left a card, they just buggered off. Probably just said "sod it" and dropped it off at the local PO and I won't see the card 'til tomorrow, 'cos that's what they do now -- no same-day pickups at the PO anymore.

They seem to do that all the time with my packages at my building. I've called and complained a number of times of them not even attempting to deliver it. I have stood at my door watching stalking the mail person and seen no packages with him. I check the tracking a little later on in the day and "oops" looks like there was no answer when trying to deliver your package. Freaken BS! And just like you I get the delivery card the next business day. That's unacceptable IMO.

I even mentioned to the last rep I spoke to would this happen if I lived in a house? She had no answer for me. :mad:

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Where's Jack Bauer when you need him?

Hmmm, now that you mention it......I have never seen them in the same place at the same time........the resemblance is uncanny ;)

keifer.jpg vapour.jpg

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
What sucks though is that they didn't even try to deliver it. No one buzzed up, no one left a card, they just buggered off. Probably just said "sod it" and dropped it off at the local PO and I won't see the card 'til tomorrow, 'cos that's what they do now -- no same-day pickups at the PO anymore.

That's exactly what happened to me too :(

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Yeah its weird, I've never had that happen before and got REALLY freaked out. I only had enough Geoff's Blend to last me a couple more days. But I got lucky and it was here before I got home from work.

They seem to do that all the time with my packages at my building. I've called and complained a number of times of them not even attempting to deliver it. I have stood at my door watching stalking the mail person and seen no packages with him. I check the tracking a little later on in the day and "oops" looks like there was no answer when trying to deliver your package. Freaken BS! And just like you I get the delivery card the next business day. That's unacceptable IMO.

I even mentioned to the last rep I spoke to would this happen if I lived in a house? She had no answer for me. :mad:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you, but no it does not. I live in what is classified as a house (rooming house), and things are different....that is all i am going to say...it is by far less frustrating.

On the same token, i have noticed that CP has now taking off their web site, and even when you send a package or letter via registered mail, you no longer have a "expected delivery date"

Sadly i think they are doing all this as they are trying to prove that they need the new mail shorting location in Vancouver, something about there is a large increase in packages being sent (WOOHOO vape community!) and how CP is loosing money by having to sort it all...i will dig the article up if you are interested?

KillFace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, On.

yeah....I got a card last week for my shipment from AVE saying to pick it up the next day....I called the PO and she said it was already there that evening.....I hate those guys.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
yeah....I got a card last week for my shipment from AVE saying to pick it up the next day....I called the PO and she said it was already there that evening.....I hate those guys.

I used to get the same thing too, but what they appear to be doing now is not leaving the card until the next day. I probably could have checked my local PO to see if it really was there and picked it up without the card (which requires like half a dozen pieces of ID now that they are trying to become the TSA of postal security) but given the misleading tracking info I thought it would just be in my mailbox.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread