Status
Not open for further replies.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
What kind of pv do you use?

All joyetech - 1000mah, the twist, the upgrade, & the T, & the C. I'm really starting to wonder if I need more power or I'm just a klutz. I finally found a store that sells 'everclear' since I've tried every cleaning method out there. After spending $20, I realized how many clearos or cartos I could have bought, not to mention the time (tears & ready to yank my hair out). I'm not giving up, just jealous of those that are thrilled w/their setups.

elac

Apr 9, 2012
United States
Hi. I've been smoking about 35 years and have been vaping steadily about a month. My husband has been smoking a few years longer and I've gotten him to start vaping about 2 weeks ago. This Saturday I made him go to a doctor and he ended up in the ER. They said he's had at least two heart attacks in the last month. It is definitely time for him to put down the cigs. An amusing bit about the whole thing is that the doctor is a smoker. Hubby ended up telling him about ecigs and now the doctor is going to try them. I think hubby should get a discount for that visit!

By the way, I'm using a 901 from Modern Vapor and hubby is using eluma. He got his from a guy at work who didn't want it anymore.

AppleJack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
S. Florida
Hi Applejack - Sorry to hear about your stroke - VERY SCARY- hoping everythings ok w/you now; sure sounds like it. Don't you just loving telling people you're vaping on doctor's orders?

Thank you moishe. My gynecologist also recommended the e-cig a couple years ago. I'm always surprised when a dr knows a little about them.

wendallb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Republic of Texas
wendallbphoto.com
Great Wendal good to see ya. What types of PV's are you using. I believe you use a Go-Go some don't you? The Go-Go has been one of my favorites for almost a year and a half. I hadn't been using them much lately until they came out with the new Ce4 tank at cigeasy and now I'm using them more often. I really like it with the great 1300 Go-go battery.

Right now I use the go-go with a CE4 and the ego with the same.. Yes I like the 1300 mah for sure, it's great and last a good time for me. I carry 2 units with me all the time with different DIY flavors.

I am considering something with the 18650, maybe a VV of some sort. Been kinda looking around some and seeing what is what. I am not a high voltage guy but I do like long lasting batts and I think the 18650 would last longer..

I am also always looking for good DIY recipes to try..

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Hi
I smoked for 50 years and kind of slid into vaping sideways. Had tried every other way to quit and it never worked. Let me also say that I was VERY addicted to it. Heaven help anyone in my way if I was out of smokes! However am living on a small fixed income and it had reached a point where I just couldn't afford it. I was really trying to find something I could afford, didn't think I could quit. Started out with the disposables from the gas station. 400 puffs, Hah! So started searching online.

I spent a few weeks lurking on ECF and spent all the money I had budgeted out for smokes on a kgo and juice. Didn't have any choice but to vape and the funny thing is that it wasn't even a problem. Haven't had an analog since.
This month I added an ego PT for backup, some phoenix cartos, fluxomizers, vivi nova, and a couple of phoenix tanks.
I'm amazed at all the MODS that are out there, but as long as this is working for me I'll stay with what I've got (other than new goodies to try on them)

blkhwk07

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Ohio,in the sticks!
Welcome blkhwk07 glad to have ya on board. That is pretty much how we all started wanting a cig type pv and tobacco flavor.
I started with a 801 penstyle myself though which was before ego size were available. I knew battery life would be important and the 801 lasted about twice as long as the 510 and 901. I also tried both of those but liked the 801 best so it was my main vape until ego's and Rivas came along then the 1300 Mah Go-Go came out and I became a member of the Go-Go Nation. Then the 1300 Echo auto came out and I always liked autos so it became my main PV along with the Go-Go. I also picked up a Kgo battery for my 510 cartos and it works very good as well. I tried all the ego stuff along the way but the ego-t was the last ego specific device I've tried other than the ego Twist which is working real good. The last couple of months I've been using VV quite a lot being as I bought a couple of LT's an 18650 and a mini and I'm liking those as well. :)

I've been looking at a couple different VV as well. Been also trying different juice holders,such as stardust,vivi nova,tanks.
My thoughts so far...stardust is ok but flavor seems a little muted.
Vivi nova..draw was somewhat airy and taste was kinda plastic/rubber. Haven't tried doing any modding with it yet.
Tanks I've tried so far..Big daddy little mama and Arry ac3 both with boge standard size carto. By far the Arry is the easiest to fill and refill. My wife also likes it the best.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Well, I use carto tanks. I vape a 3 ohm Boge in the tank at around 5.7V. I don't know how much help I'd be, no experience at all with clearos or the like. Your original post may have gotten lost in the excitement of a busy new thread. If no one helps you out, just ask again...
All Joyetech - 1000mah, the twist, the upgrade, & the T, & the C. I'm really starting to wonder if I need more power or I'm just a klutz. I finally found a store that sells 'everclear' since I've tried every cleaning method out there. After spending $20, I realized how many clearos or cartos I could have bought, not to mention the time (tears & ready to yank my hair out). I'm not giving up, just jealous of those that are thrilled w/their setups.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I sold some of the cartons and gave the rest away. I also gave away all my DIY stuff. The guy was so grateful that he cut down a tree for us.

I ordered the first ecig on the Internet but it was obvious that it wasn't going to arrive before I went to my daughter's so I started calling tobacco stores. After several calls, I found one that sold the Smoke 51. It actually worked pretty well but expensive.

The one that I order arrived about a week after I got home. It was a RN4081 (same as the Njoy). For back then, it worked pretty good but tinkering was a must. I think I tried every cart mod that came down the pike. Never really found one I loved.

Next one was a SkyRL (DSE102). Totally unheard of now but it was a great little mini but batteries didn't last long. Of course no battery lasted long which got me to prod DH a bit to look into something that would. That was the box mod which we found at ECF. And, even though I own an Ego & 510 kit, I still mainly use the box mod.

Then came the clearos. I more or less said goodbye to attys. Even though the clearos work really great with just a little modding, I sort of keep an eye out how to make them better and the new stuff coming out.

Hi, jj, great story! 3 years is awesome. I've read about some of the old gear you folks had to deal with. It's a wonder any of you stuck with it, but I'm glad you did.

Hi. I've been smoking about 35 years and have been vaping steadily about a month. My husband has been smoking a few years longer and I've gotten him to start vaping about 2 weeks ago. This Saturday I made him go to a doctor and he ended up in the ER. They said he's had at least two heart attacks in the last month. It is definitely time for him to put down the cigs. An amusing bit about the whole thing is that the doctor is a smoker. Hubby ended up telling him about ecigs and now the doctor is going to try them. I think hubby should get a discount for that visit!

By the way, I'm using a 901 from Modern Vapor and hubby is using eluma. He got his from a guy at work who didn't want it anymore.

That's too funny that the doc smokes, but he recommends ecigs. Hubby and I vape together. I started about a month before he did. It's fun to try out new flavors and gear together. Good luck to both of you!

Hi
I smoked for 50 years and kind of slid into vaping sideways. Had tried every other way to quit and it never worked. Let me also say that I was VERY addicted to it. Heaven help anyone in my way if I was out of smokes! However am living on a small fixed income and it had reached a point where I just couldn't afford it. I was really trying to find something I could afford, didn't think I could quit. Started out with the disposables from the gas station. 400 puffs, Hah! So started searching online.

I spent a few weeks lurking on ECF and spent all the money I had budgeted out for smokes on a kgo and juice. Didn't have any choice but to vape and the funny thing is that it wasn't even a problem. Haven't had an analog since.
This month I added an ego PT for backup, some phoenix cartos, fluxomizers, vivi nova, and a couple of phoenix tanks.
I'm amazed at all the MODS that are out there, but as long as this is working for me I'll stay with what I've got (other than new goodies to try on them)

Good for you! Whatever works for YOU is the best pv.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Well, I am 55 (almost 56) - smoked cigs for over 40 years. Started vaping in Sep 2011. My daughter, who does not smoke pointed me towards ecigs, but I procrastinated on them for over a year before I bought one. I finally gave into her nagging and went to Google and found this place. I had refused to use the gas station versions, so I had to see what else was available and found out there was lots...

I use Joye products, Volts, and one 18650 mod (least used due to size factor). I also DIY - jumped into it almost immediately. Initially bought some flavors and used them to accent tobacco flavored juices and now have ventured into coffee extracts and mixing what ever sounds good. I like to experiment every time I mix a batch and one of these days I need to start writing it all down :facepalm:...

I use cartos, clearos, and drip a lot... I have found the same juice taste differently depending upon how I am vaping it and some taste better being dripped, while others taste better in a carto (go figure), but that is my experience to date. I will help where I can in the thread.

Cannot believe how many lurkers came out in the open... Thanks for the support. Also Tex - thanks for starting the thread so we can continue our try with this...

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I'd like to give Txtumbleweed a standing ovation for starting this thread (clap-clap) Thank you!! Now, getting down to business - can I pick some brains here & find out which cartos or clearos everyone likes. I'm having a hard time settling on one. Nothing cleans the way people claim - I'm getting burnt taste out of others & getting VERY FRUSTATED. I'm looking for one that holds A LOT of juice; I have the vision 1, 2-3, some other vision that holds 3.5ml. & various others - just looking for that one. Any???

Have you tried the 3ml bottom coil Phoenix. Mine has been working real good so far and I've refilled it about 5 times.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Hi

Welcome to the thread yiddleboge6. Good choice on the Kgo I think that is a good one to use to get off cigs being as there are lots of different setups you can use with it.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I'm using a Riva-T tank which is basically a ce2 with the metal jacket over it with windows. I think it is similar to what some call an F-1. It works real good thouh. I wish I would have got a 650 though being as this 1000 is pretty long. I use other 1300 batteries like the Go-Go and a 1300 auto Echo but they are much shorter than the 1000 twist. I also got the black one and the only other complaint is it is really hard to see the numbers with my bad eyesight, I need new glasses. lol

New glasses....I've got those & still need a magnifying glass....:(

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
New glasses....I've got those & still need a magnifying glass....:(

Well, yall are talking me out of it. I was considering it for my next purchase to sample VV... I guess I could always set it and leave it, but that would mute the point of buying a VV... Still the price is right...

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread