O-ring and button guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
PrecisePlus Setup:

Note: These are just a starting point, you may find you like an extra washer on the Rhodium switch post to adjust the throw to your liking or need a different Oring combination for the battery. There should be resistance felt the last 1/2 turn or so of your top cap as it compresses the oring down, this is normal. Adjust accordingly to achieve this.

PrecisePlus 18650:

- AW P18650 2600mAh: One Thick (.100) #113 Oring in the bottom of the battery chamber
One Washer under the Rhodium Plated screw in Switch Post

-AW P18650 2900/3100mAh: One Thin (.070) #16 Oring
One Washer

-AW IMR 18650: One Thick (.100) #113 Oring and One Thin(.070) # 16 Oring
Three washers

-AW IMR 18490 w/Kick: One Thick (.100) #113 oring
One Washer

PrecisePlus 18500:

-AW P18500 15000mAh: One Thick (.100) #113 Oring in the battery Chamber
One Washer on the screw in Rhodium Switch Post

-AW IMR 18490: One Thick (.100) #113 Oring and One thin (.070) #16 Oring
Three washers

-AW IMR 18350 w/Kick : One Think (.070) #16 Oring in battery chamber. One #12 oring around top cap to fill gap, 1 washer on the switch post.

PrecisePlus 18350:

-AW IMR 18350: Try one Thin (.070) #16 first, if they battery is loose, move up and use one thick (.100) #113 Oring.
One Washer

PrecisePlus 16340:

AW IMR 16340 and AW ICR 123/16340: One Thick (.100) #112 in the battery chamber.
One Washer under the Rhodium switch post.

Last edited:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Cheers! Thank you! Gonna give it a go with the Kick when I get home. For now, rocking a 0.8ohm coil in medium mode Odysseus on my P+18 with an AW IMR 18650. The rhodium contacts seem to make a considerable difference vet what I'm used to, great mod!

That rhodium kicks azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. Doesnt it.......

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Does anyone know what size the washer is? I got a used one that didnt come with orings or washers and am about to grab orings from home depot since my P+18650 wont fire with an 18650 1600 mah as is(1 washer 1 thick oring).

They have brass ones that will work at home depot, #8 as i recall. Also, they have the right size oring, however, they don't use the numbering system above, but you'll find them in the plumbing section, brand name Danco

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

BenC7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Davie, FL

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
My personal guide:

Fit o-rings until battery doesn't rattle.
fit washers until desired witch throw is achieved.
:ohmy:

*note: start off with the smallest amount of o-rings and least amount of washers, and work your way up....
:ohmy::ohmy:

Now leave Dave alone so that he can get back to R&D!

Not trying to be an ......, but 5 min. of test fitting would get you your answer, rather than waiting for someone to reply to a thread. :)

BenC7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Davie, FL
My personal guide:

Fit o-rings until battery doesn't rattle.
fit washers until desired witch throw is achieved.
:ohmy:

*note: start off with the smallest amount of o-rings and least amount of washers, and work your way up....
:ohmy::ohmy:

Now leave Dave alone so that he can get back to R&D!

Not trying to be an ......, but 5 min. of test fitting would get you your answer, rather than waiting for someone to reply to a thread. :)

I'm not going to buy every size danco oring and just throw stuff in and out. It is not a hard response.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
I'm not going to buy every size danco oring and just throw stuff in and out. It is not a hard response.

neither is using a ruler, or caliper. :)

Measure the inside dia. of precise & the amount of play that the battery has within the mod. Then go to the hardware store and look for o-rings of various thicknesses. With the measurements you have....
and if you are shopping on-line, the measurements are there in the description.

and my previous test fitting comment wasn't directed at you specifically, but since you had an o-ring that came with the mod. taking it with you to the hardware store, and using it as a comparison would have yielded a quicker answer...

most hardware stores near my house, sell them loose or in re-sealable containers, so test fitting was never an issue for me. yes, this includes home depot.

even if you don't find this info useful , hopefully someone else browsing the forums will. :blush:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
i can give you the #16 "thin" oring measurements though:

OD=3/4 ID=5/8 Cross section:1/16

Most hardware stores will refer to them not in the danco numerology, but in the Standard USA sizing i have them listed in the original post, so you can order or ask for them by the numbers i have them listed as.

Last edited:

BenC7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Davie, FL
i can give you the #16 "thin" oring measurements though:

OD=.3/4 ID=5/8 Cross section:1/16

Most hardware stores will refer to them not in the danco numerology, but in the Standard USA sizing i have them listed in the original post, so you can order or ask for them by the numbers i have them listed as.

thanks david I can work with this.

silverrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
USA
www.ihatesilver.com
Cheers! Thank you! Gonna give it a go with the Kick when I get home. For now, rocking a 0.8ohm coil in medium mode Odysseus on my P+18 with an AW IMR 18650. The rhodium contacts seem to make a considerable difference vet what I'm used to, great mod!

Hi Rick,
Did you order a Shockwave as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread