I love my case, but I would love it more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

airpowers

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Central New York
I love my VK case, but I wish that it held more carts. I have searched to no avail on creating inserts. I have some experience with making them for cameras and guns, but this is such a small scale.

Does anyone have a super slick idea on what media would be best for this? I have thought about layering that thin craft foam kids use to make magnets and such, but I'm thinking it might look a little shotty.

RyGuy

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Colorado
I love my VK case, but I wish that it held more carts. I have searched to no avail on creating inserts. I have some experience with making them for cameras and guns, but this is such a small scale.

Does anyone have a super slick idea on what media would be best for this? I have thought about layering that thin craft foam kids use to make magnets and such, but I'm thinking it might look a little shotty.

I think that foam would be your best bet. I don't think it would look too shoddy if you got it the perfect depth to fit in the case and then cut it out with an exacto knife? A little trick I use when cutting foam for my camera and equipment cases is to throw the foam in the freezer for a while before cutting. It prevents the foam from bending and makes the cuts much cleaner;)

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I carry my put together vk everywhere, as well as my pcc with a battery and 2 cartos. That is usually all I need. If I want to carry more carts for any reason, I put them in the regular carrying case and bring that with me as well. It will hold 6 carts if you don't have a battery in there. ;)

I actually have some extra cases. If you need one, give me a hollar, I would be happy to send out to you.

Moonstruck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
Not my original idea, but I've I've seen it lots of places here on the forum.

Take an empty Altoids or similar-size tin, spray paint it any color you want, line it with foam or velvet, and voila! An extra carrying case for your cartos.

Now I need to come up with something for the extra-long batteries -- maybe one of those hard-shelled eyeglass cases?

Hint, hint ... Steve, we need a bigger case or PCC for the XL batteries.

:D

randy21m

May 20, 2009
I had 2 cases, took the top velvet out of the one I wasn't using. In the one I was using I took the slotted velvet out, put the top side velvet from the other case in the one I use, and now I have a case with velvet on both sides that fits perfectly, with no slots. With this, I can carry 2 batteries and 9-10 carts without the rubber sleeve, though I do leave the little plug in. Hope this helps :cool:

RyGuy

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Colorado
Airpowers, so I stole your idea, because it was a really good idea, and I cut out some foam for one of my cases. No I can take 2 batts and 4 carts with me in one case, or three batts and 2 carts. Could be a little cleaner and I probably could have used some better foam, but I decided to use just what I had laying around the house to see if I could make it work and I think that it works quite well!

case.jpg

The foam is actually glued to the case so it doesn't slip and it stays perfectly in place. I think I might do another one with better material when I have time.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Airpowers, so I stole your idea, because it was a really good idea, and I cut out some foam for one of my cases. No I can take 2 batts and 4 carts with me in one case, or three batts and 2 carts. Could be a little cleaner and I probably could have used some better foam, but I decided to use just what I had laying around the house to see if I could make it work and I think that it works quite well!

case.jpg

The foam is actually glued to the case so it doesn't slip and it stays perfectly in place. I think I might do another one with better material when I have time.

Nice RyGuy! ;)

roxinal

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
marshalltown iowa
I carry my put together vk everywhere, as well as my pcc with a battery and 2 cartos. That is usually all I need. If I want to carry more carts for any reason, I put them in the regular carrying case and bring that with me as well. It will hold 6 carts if you don't have a battery in there. ;)

I actually have some extra cases. If you need one, give me a hollar, I would be happy to send out to you.

jenjen
Hi I was wondering if you had extra cases for the vk if you would be willing to sell one? I ordered the mini pcc case with extra cartomizers and that would be ideal. Let me know if this is feasible to you. well take care and I love reading your post. they are so informative with your tips, and tricks and you seem to have some expertise on vapor king products. Never tried it yet awaiting my order. I have almost every ecig out there and I am still smoking analogs. I really hope this works. thanks and have a great day
Roxanne:)

PLSChows

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had 2 cases, took the top velvet out of the one I wasn't using. In the one I was using I took the slotted velvet out, put the top side velvet from the other case in the one I use, and now I have a case with velvet on both sides that fits perfectly, with no slots. With this, I can carry 2 batteries and 9-10 carts without the rubber sleeve, though I do leave the little plug in. Hope this helps :cool:

I did the same thing but if you put the slotted one facing the same way in the second case, it gives you space for the additional 2 batteries and 2 carts :)

I have a bunch of cases but only found I needed to do that with one and I'm good for a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread